Tree Rats

Rim Fire Firearms
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tree Rats

Post by Longcolt44 »

Canned foods only, unless the little bastards have a can opener there's nothing for them. I have heard them in the garbage when I do hear them. I may know of a game camera I can borrow. I really think they get in just to piss me off....it's working.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You need a big trap, lock the cats in another room and set the traps near were they come in.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/oposs ... 5_431.html

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ampaign=CI
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

A few years ago I had a big problem with tree rats. Ten to fifteen would be in the back yard either eating the bird seed or the deer corn. I got one of the Havahart traps and started my "tree rat relocation program". ( I live inside the city, could shoot them with my pellet gun but it is so off it is not much good) I would catch them and carry them several miles away to some woods and release them. Once a raccoon was caught in the trap, boy did he give it a fit rolling all over the ground. Finally got him out and on his way.
There is one tenacious bastard out there now. He just won't give up I believe I will sight in my pellet gun and feed him a fast pellet.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

We have a type of Rat here called a wood rat that lives in borrows in the woods but they come up here looking for food. I get maybe one or two a year. My biggest problem is possums and raccoons. I have a huge fig tree that had a bumper crop this year. It's right across the yard from the carport and I've shot two or three possums, three coons and one wood rat that were raiding it this year . One of them tangled with one of my big roosters that has 3" spurs but he held it off. Then I caught this guy in the other rooster pen. Young male.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.