Gunbroker fraud turd alert.

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gunbroker fraud turd alert.

Post by Longcolt44 »

I actually got a responce to my email to him, such as it is.

"arkadiuszsek <arkadiuszsek@comcast.net>

Wed 5/31, 8:05 PM

I mixed up a pictures of two rifles when I post that rifle . I correct a description and asking people to not to bid on it I'm working on canceling a auction with a gun broker"

He doesn't sound to smart or English isn't his first language.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

It must be lovely in downtown Abuja this time of year.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Re: RE: Re: Gunbroker fraud turd alert.

Post by capt14k »

Longcolt44 wrote:I actually got a responce to my email to him, such as it is.

"arkadiuszsek <arkadiuszsek@comcast.net>

Wed 5/31, 8:05 PM

I mixed up a pictures of two rifles when I post that rifle . I correct a description and asking people to not to bid on it I'm working on canceling a auction with a gun broker"

He doesn't sound to smart or English isn't his first language.
He sent me the exact same email.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:It must be lovely in downtown Abuja this time of year.
Actually he lives on the Northern Edge of the NJ Pine Barrens. Go figure.

Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

So we know who he is and who to avoid in the future.

a quick google of his email brings up this.....

SEK, ARKADIUSZ & AGNIESZKA
120 JOHNATHAN RD
MANCHESTER NJ, 08759
Kollaa kestää
7x57

Post by 7x57 »

I'm not surprised to read Polish names. On several auction platforms here in Germany there are frequently offered all kind of faked WaA or other stamping tools - and the sellers invariably sit in Poland. Of course no general bashing of Polish people intended with this statement - I'm convinced that the vast majority of them are honest and correct and find such fakery equally disgusting as anybody else.
1910 Arg. Mauser M1909 (long rifle)
1912 Braz. Mauser M1908 (long rifle)
1915 & 1943 Swed. Mauser M96
1934 Persian Mauser M1309
Two 1935 Braz. Mauser M1935 (short rifle)
1937 Braz. Mauser M1935 (long rifle)
1943 Finnish M39 (Sk.Y.)
1943 Izhevsk M1891/30 w. folding bay.
1943 Swiss K31
1947 Dutch "Wilhelmina" Mauser carbine
~1950 Hung. Lámpagyár Kispuska 48M (.22lr cadet rifle)
Two 1952 Hung. 48M
1955 British No. 4 Mk. 2
1968 Finnish M39
1977 6" Korth .357 Magnum
2012 H&K USP Expert .45 ACP
2016 H&K MR308 A3
2016 STEYR AUG Z
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Lee-online wrote:So we know who he is and who to avoid in the future.

a quick google of his email brings up this.....

SEK, ARKADIUSZ & AGNIESZKA
120 JOHNATHAN RD
MANCHESTER NJ, 08759
Must be where the "120" comes from in his Gunbroker name.
Mosin Fanboy
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Can anyone think of any good reason one of the largest C&R Forums would delete a thread on the same subject.

ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

I saw that. Their excuses weren't great either. I found it odd that the moderator who deleted it didn't care about the topic.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I think they moved it to another location.
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

bunkysdad wrote:I think they moved it to another location.
No. It's gone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Mosin Fanboy
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Well, I guess one could argue that the conversation was about Mausers and posted in the "The Collector's Forum - Mosin Nagant HQ" ........ with emphasis on "Mosin Nagant HQ"

Moving it to another inappropriate forum seems wrong, and so does deleting it completely because it broke that forums rules. Here we communicate with each other (Administrators). Usually we know why it was done and if it is incorrect or wrong, we make it right between all the Administrators. I didn't get to read all of that thread before it was deleted but, it sounded like there was some arguing going on there. That would have got our attention here. But without all the facts, it's hard for us (admins) to comment on this. It's not our job or duty to moderate or argue the rules of a different "Board" such as Gunboards. They do their thing and we do ours. So "officially", we are out of it.

Now, unofficially....our Administrators can say what ever they want. ;mywink;

So....unofficially (and you can jump my ass for this and it's OK!!! :thumbsup: )

Sometimes it a hard decision to be made. Has it got important information in it as opposed to the rules it breaks? That is a hard decision to make. Never easy. If it's just arguing, I usually talk it over with the two parties and most of the time just delete their banter back and forth trying to leave the information behind. But sometimes it's not that easy. I wish I had been able to read "all of that thread" so I know exactly what and why they did what they did to it. But,......It's their Board (forums) to do as they want to. It seems a little puzzling to me. But what the Hell do I know? :chuckles:
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

The truth is Hambone pointed out fake SA Stamps are an issue as well and that there are many fake Finns. Then said those that buy books and research will benefit and those that jump in and accumulate will get burned.

Pointyears replied what book would have saved someone.

Hambone gave list of books.

Pointyears replied yawn.

Hambone said he would be the type to get burned.

Pointyears called Hambone pretentious blow hard.

Hambone posted pic from Dumb and Dumber of them on a scooter with caption Pointyears and friend on way to gun show.

I posted asking Pointyears why is Hambone a blowhard for telling people to research? Or for stating if they don't research they will get burned.

My post was deleted.

Thread was moved by Vic to negative feedback forum.

St Louis Bob deleted thread for being in wrong forum.

IMO no one wants to talk about the Fake SA Stamps and Faked Finns there so they made the thread disappear.

If I got anything wrong please feel free to correct it.

martin08

Post by martin08 »

I would have liked to have seen the topic continued. The entire collecting community can benefit from seeing this story through to the end, and a hopeful prosecution.

I'll keep following here!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Hambone was cracking me up!

I think telling people specific books to reference is great advice. This is a difficult thing, because as a newb I'd like detailed info on how to recognize fakes, but I don't want the fakers to have easy reference material on how to better fake things! I'd rather not know than have the crooks understand how to better create their fraudulent items. I'll just buy Swiss rifles. I like them the most anyways.

I think calling out fakes and those who create/sell them is a great function of the collecting forums.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

ksbanker wrote:
I think telling people specific books to reference is great advice. This is a difficult thing, because as a newb I'd like detailed info on how to recognize fakes, but I don't want the fakers to have easy reference material on how to better fake things! I'd rather not know than have the crooks understand how to better create their fraudulent items.

I think calling out fakes and those who create/sell them is a great function of the collecting forums.
[emoji115] +1 It would probably be beneficial to have a section that covers frauds found online. Although, people's comments on what a correct rifle should look like would assist the fraudsters and would need to be removed.
Mosin Fanboy
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Looks to me like seller stamped a different rifle or re-scrubbed it Bottom of 1 9 and 2 is missing on latest one. Why not show the 2 rifles together?

Original

Humped 1

Humped 2

martin08

Post by martin08 »

Wow. He scrubbed and reblued that receiver quickly!

Not such a great job of scrubbing, though. Still a little bit of the fake Polish Eagle's head showing.

No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Not a gunboards member, don't know any of the people mentioned, couldn't give a shit what happens on someone else's board. Sounds like a place top heavy with the sort to spit on a mans floor and think it's funny, then complain when they get smacked around and tossed out for it. Never argue with fools, I advise people to do their homework all the time, if they decide not to then fine, if they called me names for suggesting it I would ban their fat ignorant asses then go sleep like a baby.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

martin08 wrote:Wow. He scrubbed and reblued that receiver quickly!

Not such a great job of scrubbing, though. Still a little bit of the fake Polish Eagle's head showing.

So scrubbed and re-blued. Guess he had a shaky hand near the numbers. Nice catch.

I think he may have restamped the 2 at a minimum. Look at the font on it. Maybe a really shaky hand while trying to remove the A?