Sig 226 best range day

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
mproko

Sig 226 best range day

Post by mproko »

I don't know if many of you are familiar with the sig 226. I've always been a 1911 guy so I view anything else with skepticism. I'm not a big fan of glocks either. Not to start the glock argument but the trigger just doesn't feel great for me. Well my buddy had a 226 I got to try and it was the first gun besides my series 70 1911 that I felt that comfortable with.

I just had to have one, but the new ones are just too pricey. I found a 226r used on gunbroker. When it came it was a bit more banged up than anticipated but for $450 I wasn't going to complain too much. It came with trijicon night sites that still retain their luster.

I've been practicing a lot with it. This is the best group I've been able to obtain. 10 meters indoor range. Several clips loaded to 7 rounds since I live in the great state of New York.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mproko

Re: Sig 226 best range day

Post by mproko »

Wrong pic this had gun too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
willyj73

Post by willyj73 »

Nice shooting.
Mosin Fanboy
entropy

Post by entropy »

I shot one recently; it grouped nice, but like yours, shot low. Not bad, but I'll stick to my 1911.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

What caliber is it? I see on Wiki that there are several different chamberings available.
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
mproko

Post by mproko »

Mines in 9mm. I've also shot the 40 and 357 sig in my buddies' guns. Really happy with it. Got it cheap used for $400. I try to stick to 9mm cause I shoot fairly frequently.
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

I have been interested in the Sig 238 which is in 380 a caliber I already support for the Russian Makarov. We get a much reduced choice in CA compared to a normal state so there may well be other choices I have not been able to see hear.
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Magazines, not clips. :facepalm2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1