Picked up a Springfield M1A today!

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
capt14k

Re: Picked up a Springfield M1A today!

Post by capt14k »

They are all accurate. I just sold a M1A SOCOM. If I could have found a wood stock for it I would have kept it. Just did not like the look of it in a black plastic stock.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
billt460

Post by billt460 »

That's a nice rifle! I'm thinking of getting another. A Standard Model. You can't have too many M1-A's.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I am way more fond of the wood stock. The black synthetic stocks are growing on me however. If given a choice I'd go with wood every time. Any M1a would be better than what I have now.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
billt460

Post by billt460 »

bunkysdad wrote:I am way more fond of the wood stock. The black synthetic stocks are growing on me however. If given a choice I'd go with wood every time. Any M1a would be better than what I have now.
I agree. My only wish is that Springfield would make a "Deluxe" version of the M1-A. With a nicely figured, glossy Walnut stock. I've seen M1 Garands finished like that, and they are a sight to behold. Simply beautiful!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

bunkysdad wrote:I am way more fond of the wood stock. The black synthetic stocks are growing on me however. If given a choice I'd go with wood every time. Any M1a would be better than what I have now.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I really like the full size, the sights are the perfect distance apart even for 60 yr. old eyes w/ glasses. And I wanted wanut at first, but I really like I don't have to worry about scratches on the green synthetic. Superb rifles.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"