Beretta 92s

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
steelbuttplate

Re: Beretta 92s

Post by steelbuttplate »

I got mine today, the" light cosmetic wear" looked like it had been thru WWII....rough. It snapped on the first four shots, I guess the firing pin was rusty. I'm working on the sights, I might make a good shooter out of it eventually. :bigrant:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

steelbuttplate wrote:I got mine today, the" light cosmetic wear" looked like it had been thru WWII....rough. It snapped on the first four shots, I guess the firing pin was rusty. I'm working on the sights, I might make a good shooter out of it eventually. :bigrant:
That's awful!!!! Sorry you ended up with a dog.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

steelbuttplate wrote:I got mine today, the" light cosmetic wear" looked like it had been thru WWII....rough. It snapped on the first four shots, I guess the firing pin was rusty. I'm working on the sights, I might make a good shooter out of it eventually. :bigrant:
I would be interested in seeing pictures as I had thought about ordering one.

Also, did you disassemble, inspect and clean before shooting it?
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

All the bluing is gone off the side rails, and worn to a white or bare metal on all the edges. One grip is scratched bad and had paint or something in the checkering. I cleaned it up, and oiled and brushed all I could without complete dissasembley, including the firing pin. I'm taking the whole thing apart tommorow. They are listed as checked over and functional. I'd get a handpick if I could do it over. It's going to be a good, ugly Beretta when I'm done.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

I have a 92 and a 96. Berettas are my favorites. On those occasions when I visit Free America I usually carry the 96. I prefer the 96 to the 92 but they are both fine handguns. I even bought a John Woo Style double chest rig for them, but have never used it. It's a little too over the top.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

steelbuttplate wrote:All the bluing is gone off the side rails, and worn to a white or bare metal on all the edges. One grip is scratched bad and had paint or something in the checkering. I cleaned it up, and oiled and brushed all I could without complete dissasembley, including the firing pin. I'm taking the whole thing apart tommorow. They are listed as checked over and functional. I'd get a handpick if I could do it over. It's going to be a good, ugly Beretta when I'm done.
Sucks about it happening like that. Best of luck getting it back operational, and thanks for replying with the details about it. :thumbsup:
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I can't get out to the range with mine until next week but I'll let you know how I make out. :wink:

edit to add pic

Mine don't look to bad tho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Mine didn't look bad either. Got mine from Classic :? but turned out ok. One of the grips is a little scratched up but nothing bad at all.
Painting the sights made it much easier to quickly acquire a sight picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Anyone know about getting the night sights replaced on a Beretta? My 96 has them but they no longer glow in the dark. I've had it for about 20 years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

After another day at the range, with 4 kinds of ammo, I'm gonna end up putting a barrel on this crapper. 6" group @ 60 ft. was my best. I would be afraid of one of their handpicks. You get what you pay for. :bonk:
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Being replaced by sig p320. Made in USA NH. Expect lots of Beretta 92s on market in future. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Maine 20th wrote:Being replaced by sig p320. Made in USA NH. Expect lots of Beretta 92s on market in future. God Bless America. Pro Libertate Patria
You think there will be surplus M9 new barrels on the market soon?????? They works fine also in a 92 Yes?????? :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Finally made it out to the range and had a blast or should I say 150 blasts. :D

Yup fired three boxes and the gun preformed flawlessly with no issues at all.My only problem is my shooting ability. :oops:

Using a bench I wasn't to bad I guess but shooting offhand I was all over the place at 20 yards.

Tried three brands of ammo.Blazer,American Eagle and Aguila.The snappiest was Blazer with American eagle a close second but the Mexican aguila was a lot tamer imo.

Anyway it was a beautiful spring day with +7C (45F) temps and the snow was melting like crazy. :thumbsup:
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

:thumbsup: Most of my bench rest targets look like your off hand target. I'd call yours good. My New barrel is on the way, I got it on ebay.
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

The best ammo is that you make. If we do it right our ammo is superior to the factory. God Bless America .Pro Libertate Patria
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Thanks guys but I was just told by one of my none shooting friends that I am evil for owning handguns.

They hurt my feelings and I might need a safe place. :vsad:

NOT!!

What I might need is less friggin snowflake friends. :twisted:

Now where is that middle finger smilie?
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

This one???
bonyfinger.jpg
Please use at you own discretion.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Longcolt44 wrote:This one???
bonyfinger.jpg

Please use at you own discretion.
lol... you nailed it. :lol:

right click and save as
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

I have a Beretta 92A1 (bought new) and a Taurus PT92 ACS. Really like both guns and have had no issues with either one.
Beretta 92A1 with box and mags.jpg
PT92 with ss mag.jpg
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Progress I have made with my beater. With the new $90 barrel I'm shooting 4" groups @ 60 ft. Best with Magtech 115 gr. I wonder what brand Italian police used? Do you think it takes 30-40 rounds to break a new barrel in?