Ammunition Inventory...

Reloading and any ammunition discussions are here.
racerguy00

Re: Ammunition Inventory...

Post by racerguy00 »

:D I need more.

On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

^^^ I like. :D :D

btw...ammo is a better investment than gold and silver...atleast it has been the last few years.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Brass and lead are the only precious metals I invest in.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sonny wrote:^^^ I like. :D :D

btw...ammo is a better investment than gold and silver...atleast it has been the last few years.
It would be a better investment if you didn't own any guns. You can't take gold or silver to the range and turn them into smoke and a hole in some paper rendering it's value down to the scrap price of cartridge brass or steel.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Scrap value of brass my ass. That is just another round of ammo waiting to be born! I reload 'em till they split or get lost. ;mywink;
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Unfortunately most of the surplus ammo we shoot is Berdan primed, and few reloaders are set up to reload it, or know how.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

ksbanker wrote:SG Ammo is where I've bought most of my ammo. Their prices are right and the shipping is super fast since the are only a couple hours away from me in Stillwater, OK.

KSBanker brings up a good issue to consider. SHIPPING COSTS can be a real "be-oitch" on some stuff. Look for deals on shipping. XYZ's ammo may be cheaper per 1Kbut when you ship it cross country you can get hosed big time.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Sonny wrote:Just ordered 1000 rounds of .45acp. :thumbsup:

Don't tell my wife ok? :wink: :wink:
She already knows :big shock:
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

My friends describe my ammo inventory as that of a small country. Got really paranoid during the shortages of a few years ago and when I thought their was even a small chance 7.62 military would be banned. Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo. :thumbsup: JGC
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Ironnewt wrote:
Sonny wrote:Just ordered 1000 rounds of .45acp. :thumbsup:

Don't tell my wife ok? :wink: :wink:
She already knows :big shock:
She does now. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

1000 rounds of .45acp...that's cute. I have 10x that just in reloads. :chain: But seriously, I do.

Sonny

Post by Sonny »

websterz wrote:1000 rounds of .45acp...that's cute. I have 10x that just in reloads. :chain: But seriously, I do.
I'm a lightweight compared to you guys. :oops:

But maybe one day... :D
ksbanker

Post by ksbanker »

Everything is relative. Sonny you make me look like a lightweight! I picked up 8 boxes of 9mm and 8 boxes of 7.62x39 the other day at Academy and felt pretty good about it. Like I said before, reading this thread gives me an ammo complex :D
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
~Sir Winston Churchill
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Sonny wrote:
websterz wrote:1000 rounds of .45acp...that's cute. I have 10x that just in reloads. :chain: But seriously, I do.
I'm a lightweight compared to you guys. :oops:

But maybe one day... :D
By far the bulk of my ammo is my own reloads. If I didn't do that I'd probably have less ammo than you do right now. You'll get there. Just stick back two for every one you shoot. It builds up quicker than most people realize!

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes it does, back in the day I used to buy bulk in everything I shot, it was cheaper that way. I would shoot half of it and stash the other half then buy another few cases. I bought by the case, for surplus stuff it was multiple cases as for a good 12 years I popped 70-120 or so rounds a day, often more . As I mentioned before I contributed to the collapse of a UPS guy, the ruination of his back or so the Nancy boy whines about today. Even with the tens of thousands of rounds I sent downrange I still have a big pile left. I had to shift two big Navy rocket box's full of Turk 8mm to another location recently, 2700 rounds in each box, that was no joke and required the forklift. I used to buy that shit for less than 3 cents a round and I shot a lot of it. I remember when a guy trying to sell me another Hakim thought he could sweeten the deal by promising to toss in 500 rounds of Yugo 8mm. 500 rounds? Yea,so? I got the rifle for my price and tossed the ammo into the supply locker were it sits to this day along with the Turk. It's all money in the bank as I am unlikely ever to shoot it, I shoot my .22's and BP stuff mostly now, shotguns that I stuff my own shells for. I consider much of the milsurp ammo I have as collectable now, sealed spam cans of stuff that hasn't been imported in 20 years. How many people thought to set aside a spam can or two of that 40's Soviet ammo that was on the clip? This sort of stuff can be considered an accessory for a collectable rifle.
Theodore Roosevelt
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

I've got one unopened galvanized can of '54 Bulgarian left, 10 round paper packs, 66 strippers per can plus excellent ammo. I gave about $80 for it, and the price today??? :shifty: Not Fo Sale. And the can, excellent metal for cutting/filing and making small sight parts, shims, etc.
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

I have an unopened crate of Czech silver tip locked up in the safe. The wooden crate is in excellent condition, no rust on the hardware and a nice, even paint job with crisp lettering. I gave $75 for it.

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

That silver tip was good stuff, I was buying it three and four crates at a time back then when it was cheap. Shot up a lot of it and kept the crates for storage, I still have three unopened crates and another that was decanted into USGI .50 cans.
Theodore Roosevelt
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

JYD when are you going to start parting with some of it? Don't you want to take a trip around the world?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I shot a little of the 40's heavy ball on the clip yesterday. Also some of the silver tip. And yellow tip Bulgarian heavy ball. You might say I had a ball! The target will show that I don't get out often enough. Plus the sights seem to be shrinking in the last 7 or 8 years. [emoji35] ImageImageImageImage