Russian SKS

Discussion of the SKS platform of semi auto rifles

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
captsupercow

Russian SKS

Post by captsupercow »

Hello!

I've been looking at SKS rifles lately and a local in my area is selling a 54' Tula SKS for $600. It seems high, but I just don't know Russian SKS prices very well and would love some input! The seller says it's an unfired KBI import from about 20 years ago that has been force matched. The bore looks great and the rifle itself looks pretty good as well. Thoughts? Is it a good deal?

SA1911a1

Re: Russian SKS

Post by SA1911a1 »

Unless is was pretty special I would balk at over $500.00, but I have not been keeping up. I thought I paid too much at $450.00 at a show this summer.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Right about the import age, that's the same box mine came in back in '96 or '97, price sounds on the high side, but then anything over $125 sounds high to me remembering what I paid. Come to think on it I probably paid less than that, I think there was another gun in that deal.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Bareassmeagain

Post by Bareassmeagain »

If its not worth 600 now it will be later. Unless you live in Ca, Then its worth 700.00 now :) The box is worth 50.00 if it comes with the gun. Its probably has never been shot since referb and id bet it all matches with the stock only being force matched. Id buy that gun for 600.00 after I tried talking him down of course.
captsupercow

Post by captsupercow »

I am going to pass on this one for now I think.
The seller won't come down and 600 seems high for the NE Ohio area (sorry bareass) and I'm honestly just looking for a good shooter. I of course love collector's items but it's not a necessity for this purchase. I'll just wait till the next gun show around here and see what I can find and if nothing, I'll likely go with a classic or SOG Yugo. I definitely missed the years of cheap sks and mosins!

Thanks so much for all your feedback, I'm starting to really love this forum!
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

I like it!
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

A Sino Soviet sold for $849 last week. It's worth $600 to somebody. I think those are like Finn Mosins- there won't be anymore coming. :2cents:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

My 1950 Tula was not much over a hundred, might even have been under that, I don't remember. I just found the box it came in last week. Big red picture of an SKS on it . They weren't exactly flying off the shelves back then.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
captsupercow

Post by captsupercow »

I had decided to try and ask for the rifle, but it had already sold. So I ended up going with brokegunner instead and got a '52 tula refurbished for about $550 all said and done. I am very happy with the rifle ^__^ It shoots like a dream and I was surprised just how quickly I blow through ammo on it! :mrgreen:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Well, you the one paying for the ammo so you get to blast as much of it away as you can afford.
Theodore Roosevelt
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

captsupercow wrote:I had decided to try and ask for the rifle, but it had already sold. So I ended up going with brokegunner instead and got a '52 tula refurbished for about $550 all said and done. I am very happy with the rifle ^__^ It shoots like a dream and I was surprised just how quickly I blow through ammo on it! :mrgreen:
Post up some pics of the one you got. :thumbsup: