M28 Ski Trooper

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mosin2206

M28 Ski Trooper

Post by mosin2206 »

I have the m28 with ski trooper stock. Meaning 2 sling slots. Well worn battle marks. Has early SIg barrel with civil guard SY. What value range can I expect?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: M28 Ski Trooper

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Welcome to the board, you can expect a good payday on that one, how much currently I do not know, I don't bother keeping track of prices I have no intention of paying or for rifles I have no intention of selling.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Too many variables that affect value. Correct early serial number for a ski trooper, condition of stock and metal, unique features and markings, serial and civil guard numbers matching on all parts?

For some reason M28s don't demand the price of all other Finnish rifles but $400-500 would be about right for a really good example.
Kollaa kestää
capt14k

Post by capt14k »

Is it for sale? If so PM me. Been looking for a nice matching original one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Sounds like a beaut.
mosin2206

Post by mosin2206 »

Thanks guys for the input.