New Marlin .22

Rim Fire Firearms
Mike

New Marlin .22

Post by Mike »

I don't actually collect .22 rifles, I generally just come across them, from top to bottom:

Winchester Wildcat 2009 model, this is basically a Tula TOZ-78 rebranded as a Winchester, I found it at a small town gun store a year or so ago new in box, judging by sold listings on Gunbroker I did OK, although it isn't for sale. :D

Marlin Model 60, this is the new one, Father in Law found it at a yard sale for $75, manufactured in 2000, 22" barrel with a 14 round magazine. Unfortunately it has issues, it fires one round then the trigger goes slack, it does load a new round but opening the bolt at this point does not eject the live round in the barrel. I took the action out of the wood this evening and it looks like Bubba has been at work. I have a new project. :D

Marlin 795, this is the only .22 I looked for to buy, basically a Marlin 60 with removable magazines rather than a tube. I intend to shoot CMP rimfire sporter match with it one day.

Glenfield Model 65 Golden 50 with its original scope, manufactured for OTASCO stores in 1968. Father in Law gave me this one a few years ago, it runs fine down to the last round then that one will sometimes jam. Apparently this is a common problem for which there is a fix, I just need to find it and do it.

Marlin 60, 1988 vintage, I found his one in a pawn shop a few years ago, 22" barrel, 18 round magazine capacity, this and the 795 are my go-to squirrel rifles.

Although I say I don't collect .22 rifles there are several variants of the Model 60 that I would happily buy if I came across them. :D
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Marlin .22

Post by millman »

Marlin 60s are great. I love mine. That Russian Winchester looks good.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I have a Marlin 60 that was given to me in 1985. I have never fired it. No reason, I just don't think of it when I go to the range.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

First gun I ever shot was a Marlin (bolt) .22 rifle.

I was six years old and my older brother had to help me hold it up....good times.. :)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:I have a Marlin 60 that was given to me in 1985. I have never fired it. No reason, I just don't think of it when I go to the range.
I keep telling you. I shot that one when you weren't looking. :chain:
BTW I went to my local Academy store last night, and they actually had CCI Velocitors. I bought 100 and may go back. I finally saw some .22 at Walmart, but passed as Academy was cheaper.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Mike

Post by Mike »

Longcolt44 wrote:I have a Marlin 60 that was given to me in 1985. I have never fired it. No reason, I just don't think of it when I go to the range.
We have discussed this one, I have always said I will take it off your hands when you finally decide you don't need t. :D
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

I have an 86 year MOdel 60 that was rode hard and put away wet when I got it. Bolt busted off in side plate of the action, no recoil buffer at all, stock cracked in two places. Have more in it than I could ever sell it for, it runs well but isn't as accurate as it should be, just a plinker as far as I'm concerned and if anyone ever offers me anything over $100 for it, it'll be gone. Have a Marlin "Lil Buckaroo" single shot that'll shoot rings around it.
MeatMarket

Post by MeatMarket »

I have a Marlin Model 60 Special Edition that my uncle found at the bottom of the Edisto River while scuba diving. I was able to clean it up and it still works. This was about 12-13 years ago.
I believe in the right to arm bears.
Maine 20th

Post by Maine 20th »

Have marlin papoose. about 20 years old. Use as tree rat gun. Likes better ammo. micro groove barrel. wood stock in the blue. Have case with inserts. Use to take on hikes, now take 45acp 1911a1
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

The Model 60 Marlin and the 10/22 Ruger, two rifles that should be in every gun safe. I was going to call dibs on my dad's 60, but my mom asked me if I minded letting my oldest nephew claim it. He couldn't be any more proud of that rifle if it was made of solid gold. :-)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

Maine 20th wrote:Have marlin papoose. about 20 years old. Use as tree rat gun. Likes better ammo. micro groove barrel. wood stock in the blue. Have case with inserts. Use to take on hikes, now take 45acp 1911a1
Isn't 230 grain hardball a little rough on the squirrels? :chain:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
mogunner

Post by mogunner »

websterz wrote:
Maine 20th wrote:Have marlin papoose. about 20 years old. Use as tree rat gun. Likes better ammo. micro groove barrel. wood stock in the blue. Have case with inserts. Use to take on hikes, now take 45acp 1911a1
Isn't 230 grain hardball a little rough on the squirrels? :chain:
He doesn't know, hasn't found any of the remains yet... :chuckles:
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Marlin SS mod 60 resize best.jpg
This is my Marlin 60 SS. I also have:
Henry lever
Savage
Winchester model 74
Winchester model 04
Flobert Fallinblo
Hoban .22 LR
Ithaca single shot lever
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billt460

Post by billt460 »

Here are 4 of my Marlin .22's. 3 Marlin Model 60's. An 80's Model 60 with a 22" barrel and Birch stock with scope. A 50th Anniversary Model with Walnut stock and 50th Anniversary markings. And a Stainless Model 60 with a grey Laminated stock. And a Marlin Model 39-A I bought new back in 2000, before the Cerberus Capitol Management takeover. It's a JM stamped gun.