Original K98k stripper clips

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
351mustang65

Original K98k stripper clips

Post by 351mustang65 »

Anyone have pictures of the style/styles of K98 clips that were used by the germans during WWII?

I would like to buy some originals but every clip you find for sale claims to be German WWII when I know for a fact some of them aren't so I would like some visual confirmation of styles and maybe markings to look for.

I have some Romanian and have found some single piece brass (turkish?) and some Polte Arsenal brass two piece.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Original K98k stripper clips

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The brass single piece ones are Turkish used during the wartime metal shortages. The Turkish three piece clips they used in the 1930's are the best I have ever had for the Mauser. Because of the huge amount of Turk 8mm imported 15 years or more ago there are still a lot of these clips around. All the Turk 8mm came on the clip. I have so many Mauser clips that I don't remember what was German and what not anymore, I just collected them to use them.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
351mustang65

Post by 351mustang65 »

The three piece turks look like a brass version of the Romanian spam can clips.

Got some German ones to add to the collection (and use) and picked up some of the Turks you suggested to check out. :thumbsup:
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

A few pics of some German stripper clips, these are the best quality chargers I have seen.

IMG_0861 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_0858 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_0859 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_0855 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_0857 (1024x768).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

If my place wasn't such a rats nest mess I would have been able to find you some Turk clips. I know I have Yugo ones also, but at the moment the only ones I can find still have the ammo on them.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
351mustang65

Post by 351mustang65 »

etprescottazusa91 wrote:A few pics of some German stripper clips, these are the best quality chargers I have seen.
OK, thanks for the pictures. I thought they were a two piece style just like the Swedish ones I got with my M41b.
The Swedish two piece style ones I have sure do seem to be/work a lot nicer than the three piece 8mm Romanian ones I have that's for sure so I can only imaging the German ones are about the same only in 3 lug 8mm form. Guess I'll find out when I finally get my hands on some.

You want to sell any of those German ones?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You assume I could find them to sell them. I don't think I have enough of the German ones to sell, but I likely do have spare three piece brass Turk clips someplace. I know I have them in the 70 round bandoleers with ammo on them. I will search the closet, otherwise they will be in the barn, and at -6 I don't think I am looking in there just now.
Theodore Roosevelt
351mustang65

Post by 351mustang65 »

I was originally talking to etprescottazusa91 when mentioning the possible sale of German clips. I did get 14 Turk clips in a bandoleer for 14 bucks but the deal I had going for a few German clips didn't work out.
Type99

Post by Type99 »

I only have two original german WWII clips but I havent gone much out of my way to find more either, that tends to lead to overpaying imo. So far the "i.L." boxes I've found have been missing the clips, so i feel fortunate to have these. Both are steel construction. The spring on the P25-39 clip is a phosphate finish and the dza 41 is bright.
ImageImageImageImage

As a side note since they are mention above, The swede clips work great in japanese rifles, both 6.5 and 7.7mm!