1944 M39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
kjohn

1944 M39

Post by kjohn »

Here's my one and only M39. Excuse the poor pic. My cameras are out in the trucks.

This one is a 1944 Sako "gear S" barrel, 1904 Izhevsk receiver, NEW bolt body, Sesetroryetsk cocking piece. War time splice. SA.

Although not the most beautiful rifle in existence, the rifle shows the resourcefulness of the Finnish people, using recycled parts, nice new barrel and improved features. A stern old armorer would likely have given the okay for this one to be given the "pass" after an inspection. By the general look of the bluing, it is unlikely to have been used much. The bore is very nice.

I shall have to take the old girl out and let her show her stuff! :)
M39 a x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GOOD RIDDANCE LGR!! If there isn't a gun range in heaven, then I'm going to hell.
Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State. Heinrich Himmler
Miller Tyme
PE - PEM - PU
PE - PEM - PU

Re: 1944 M39

Post by Miller Tyme »

Nice M39, even though I collect 1944 mfg Mosins I have never added any 44 M39's to my collection. (All my M39's seem to be 42's)
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
husker51

Post by husker51 »

Gotta love those M39s!! Nice lookin' rifle!!!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

With that marking if you have to have just one you picked a good one :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt