300 yards.....iron sights

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

300 yards.....iron sights

Post by Darryl »

cleanneon98

Re: 300 yards.....iron sights

Post by cleanneon98 »

Impressive. I paid $150 for my first mosin and am always pleased with how she shoots even for that money. Having paid $60, I'd be like a pig in ****.
1943 SAKO M39 SK.Y #505023
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

That's pretty good!!
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

wow. Suddenly I feel so inadequate. I can't hit paper at 100 yards, from the bench, without the bayonet out. But he was using better ammo. BUT, he can see that target at 300 yards well enough to shoot it. I'm not worthy..............

not only can he see the target to shoot it, he can tell which side and where he hits the target? Eagle eye.
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

Eh, Hex receiver with a 1940 barrel? Spliced stock on a Russian rifle? Sling hangers? Anybody else notice anything odd about this "Russian rifle"? :vconfused:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Silk#2

Post by Silk#2 »

He said it was a new barrel...
The 8
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

The first one he is describing is a Finn Mosin Nagant, not a Russian. Unless it is a Russian captured rifle and a Finn barrel and receiver and stock put on it...more commonly know as a Finn M91/30. (reworked Russian receiver and bolt). Hard to really tell, but during the description, they flash to a M44 carbine, which is what his is shooting.

Either way, he is firing a M44 out at 300 yards with iron sights. That is impressive. Notice he has some pretty good glasses on (thick), so he has some vision issues also. But he still can shoot.
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

The shooting good part is impressive enough. The, he can see where he hit at 300 yards, blows me away. I can't tell with the naked eye where I hit, right, left, high, low, at 100 yards with out my binoculars. lol
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

jimpierce7 wrote:The shooting good part is impressive enough. The, he can see where he hit at 300 yards, blows me away. I can't tell with the naked eye where I hit, right, left, high, low, at 100 yards with out my binoculars. lol
I was thinking the same thing :pointup:
target

Post by target »

He can't see the hits at 300. He is calling the shots and just predicting where they are going to land based on where he held the sights.

Impressive shooting either way.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

jimpierce7 wrote:wow. Suddenly I feel so inadequate. I can't hit paper at 100 yards, from the bench, without the bayonet out. But he was using better ammo. BUT, he can see that target at 300 yards well enough to shoot it. I'm not worthy..............

not only can he see the target to shoot it, he can tell which side and where he hits the target? Eagle eye.
Just remember Jim Jerry is a heavily sponsored professional target shooter that can hit just about anything he points a firearm at from some crazy distances. He holds world records for long distance and speed shooting with rifles and pistols. His wife Kay and daughter Lena are also sponsored pros with many championships under their belts. You're doing just fine buddy ;)

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7W-5QE3jzw[/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw[/BBvideo]

Even upside down.
[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk4RPsn8Zfs[/BBvideo]
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Wow. Jim was just kidding around with me about 300 yards and a 9mm. 1000 yards? lol
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Just thinking about having to walk down and back to set up targets puts me out...unless I can drive down.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
rick54R

Post by rick54R »

:o Impressed.....interesting forward hold to steady. The best I have done standing, open sight, no breeze was 200 yards.
3 hits out of five....91/30.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Jerry is a one in a million person and other than Herb Knabb I have never seen anyone like him shoot in person or on TV. We mere mortals can not even put ourselves into a class even close to him or similar! :wink: Bill