Duck Hunting

Mike

Duck Hunting

Post by Mike »

One of my wife's old school friends runs an annual auction on Facebook for a two day duck hunt for two people on his property, if you win the auction you pay the money directly to St. Jude's Children's Hospital he will then supply everything you need and host you on the hunt.

My wife encouraged me to bid this year even though I have never been duck hunting, the problem was I wouldn't know who to take. Looking through the auction one night I saw a post from someone else who said he would love to bid but also wouldn't know who to take. I messaged him and we teamed up. We won the auction and paid our money. I just got back from the hunt.

It was at a private hunt club in southern Arkansas, we stayed in the host's cabin, he took us out on the lake in his boat, we spent hunting hours in his carpeted, heated blind while he cooked food for us, he called in the ducks and told me when to start shooting. By the middle of the first day I'd got the hang of it and was having a blast!

I made two new friends for life, we'll be getting togther again for hunting, and I will be bidding on the auction again next year. Oh, I also now have 15 ducks in the freezer. :)

Last edited by Mike on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Duck Hunting

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

That is great. Glad you had fun. Sorry you got stuck with so many ducks.
1724222.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I miss duck hunting, I had part of a duck club in Ca. What I miss most is sitting in a blind, watching the sun come up and the world come alive.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Longcolt44 wrote:I miss duck hunting, I had part of a duck club in Ca. What I miss most is sitting in a blind, watching the sun come up and the world come alive.
Looking for the Like button. That's one of the things I love about hunting, get there early then sit quietly and watch life happen.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Not far from me Mike, I'm in Northern Louisiana about 15 miles from the Arkansas border. Everyone here duck hunts. I'm about 5 miles from Corny Lake, great duck hunting there. Willie Robertson from Duck Commander was born 5 miles from me so I guess it goes without saying the duck hunting around here is pretty good. He and Phil have made a pretty good living from it, lol.
entropy

Post by entropy »

Sounds like a fun time! 8-) I do miss duck hunting.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien