Limping old blind fart finds an M27

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zeebill

Limping old blind fart finds an M27

Post by zeebill »

Hoping around with a cane and not walking much due to pain I managed to walk up to the entrance door at exactly the right time and buy a nice Tikka 1932 dated M27 from a walk-in for $200. It is a nice looking gun with some kind of old and now removed sling on it. Has a popsicle front repair and is slightly counter bored with the winged connector still in place on the bolt. Bolt is Finn matched and the rest of the furniture is scrubbed. I was quite shocked to see the rifle coming in to be checked and tagged as safe like they do around here and as soon as the guy got done I asked if the rifle was for sale and if I could look at it. He said yes and he was trying to get $200 and I handed him the cane I was carrying and $200 I scooped from my pocket. He was kind of taken back till I grabbed the cane back and said Thank You and limped away. Ask no more than what is necessary or the snooze and you will loose law applies instantly!

The rifle bore and bolt are loaded with cosmoline and I doubt it has ever been fired. Maybe next or late this week I will get to cleaning and teardown to see what I actually have here. It looks to me like maybe a very light coat of tru-oil has been added to the finish but the edges on everything are sharp so I don't think sanding was ever involved. Nice flat grey black blue job like many Finn's seem to have. I will get back with more information later after I get time to tear down and safety check this baby. See even limping and using a cane it is possible to find a nice rifle at times! That is of course if one is awful lucky! ;mywink; Bill
ffeng31

Re: Limping old blind fart finds an M27

Post by ffeng31 »

Nice grab Bill . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cant wait to see the photos...
Jim

SA1911a1

Post by SA1911a1 »

I'm getting me a cane...

(way to go Bill)
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
steelbuttplate

Post by steelbuttplate »

You don't need to be messin with that thing the shape your in, gimme an address and I'll send you the $200 and $25 shipping.. :shifty:
" There are two kinds of people, the good people and the ones that aggravate the hell out of the good people"
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

I'm with SA1911a1, time to get a cane for milsurp shopping! Nice pickup for $200!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Sword cane. Good find, at least it's a cane you are using and not a walker or a chair, things can always be worse.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

Hell of the thing was he got up to go get something from the consession stand, and came back to the table with that! I guess it is true about blind squirrels and nuts :chuckles:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

zeebill wrote:Limping old blind fart...
Why the hell do you even let Joe come with you if he can't keep up the pace?
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

The seller must of had pity ,seeing a limping old blind fart..And sold it to ya for $200..
:thumbsup: Great find..
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

martin08 wrote:
zeebill wrote:Limping old blind fart...
Why the hell do you even let Joe come with you if he can't keep up the pace?
:chuckles: :chuckles: Funny one Matt, but I'm the legs of this operation :thumbsup:
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.