Colt 1991A1 Commander

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
RazorBurn

Colt 1991A1 Commander

Post by RazorBurn »

Picked up this 1991A1 Colt Commander a couple of days ago at a local shop. If it's not new in the box it's missed a good chance. By the looks of it, I'd bet it's only been factory fired. I've been saving up money for a scope for my AR-10. I looked at it over a week and a half ago, and kind of hoped when I went back this Monday it would be gone so I would resist temptation. Well, it was still there, and it ended up going home with me. It has the original grips in the case, and the warranty card hasn't been filled out either. I'm a sucker for a Colt 1911 especially at a real good price.

Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Colt 1991A1 Commander

Post by Rongo »

Love those Commanders! :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
entropy

Post by entropy »

Yep, nice Commander. 8-) Is that the stock trigger? Looks like the one I put in my PT1911AR, 1911 length, not the shorter 1911A1 style usually put into production guns.
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
RazorBurn

Post by RazorBurn »

entropy wrote:Yep, nice Commander. 8-) Is that the stock trigger? Looks like the one I put in my PT1911AR, 1911 length, not the shorter 1911A1 style usually put into production guns.
Yeah, it's the stock trigger. Surprisingly smooth for a factory trigger too.
Threadkiller extraordinaire...
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

I replaced the hammers, recoil springs to solid one piece rods guides, and added extended mag wells, extended safeties, and grips to my series 80's on both the Commander and Government models, but left the Officer's model stock. The Government Mod. has a ambi-safety as an upgrade too.
You can't improve John Browning design, but you can enhance it... :thumbsup:
They are a one shot stop, given proper placement, unlike the 9mm 2 shot stop that we are taught with 9's. :brolleyes:
Ya can't ever go wrong w/ Colt '11's.