Zeebill M39 rifle

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Jbob

Zeebill M39 rifle

Post by Jbob »

I've wanted one of these M39's since seeing my first rifle at Zeebill's back in the Spring. Told Bill a couple months ago what I was shopping for and he fixed me right up with a very nice VKT 1941 rifle in nice condition with all matching numbers. To top it off he also placed a really nice SA sling on before I picked it up last Sunday. I wanted to post a picture of the finger grooves where the stock goes together but it was done so smooth the pictures don't show it well. I found time to take it to the range this afternoon but didn't know it was " public sight your rifle in day " at my club. Even with that going on I slid in for 3 quick shots at 50 yards... I was amazed as I held the sight about 4 inches low it placed 3 shots in the center in a 2 inch circle. :shock:
Amazing rifle that's for sure.. Thanks again so much Bill, I hope to visit again sometime soon. Yogie
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Zeebill M39 rifle

Post by Longcolt44 »

Bill did very well for you. Did he also mention that Finns seek out other Finns to join them?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Beautiful VKT. :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Nice jbob. And Bill you fixed him up with a beauty for sure.
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

Congratulations, Bill got you a great looking rifle!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Glad you are happy with it and it was nice to meet those two good looking kids of yours too! Mom must be a great looking gal!! :lol: Just brought a bunch of rifles and pistols from my buddies collection to Simpsons LTD and they should be online with pictures within a month or so. I also should have some real nice M39's at shows after the first of the year. Couple of straight stocks will be in the mix along with a couple as nice as that one too. Time to get my butt in gear on the last lawn cutting for the year as most of the leaves have fallen now. Bill :wink:
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Thats a nice looking rifle,congrads..
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Shocker! They have one on the Simpsons site already! They were saying they were way behind but one a CZ27 with Nazi proofs is up there already. Next time we go out there I am going to take a whole day to go through their shop as it is mind boggling with variety. I really regret being worn out from driving myself and my car so hard and arriving beat to death. Joe was kind of his usual self and awake and probably saw much more than I did. The plan was to kind of avoid buying anything in case we saw something late at the gun shows. I only have one M39 left and it should be a good shooter. Can't wait to get this other knee done and get into the other M39's for next year. They are such great guns to own and shoot. When I first started this stuff of collecting I discovered them and was at one time only going to collect them alone but I branched out and have a little bit of everything now. Bill :D
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Nice one. Zeebill hooked you up. :thumbsup:
7x57

Post by 7x57 »

Really fine rifle. And yes, M39s have a nasty tendency to "invite" more of their kind into your gun safe. I'm just awaiting my second one... despite the fact that I was 100% sure my next surplus rifle will be a Swiss K31! Well, postponed isn't cancelled and K31s aren't difficult to find here either ... in contrast to a 1967 no maker M39.
1910 Arg. Mauser M1909 (long rifle)
1912 Braz. Mauser M1908 (long rifle)
1915 & 1943 Swed. Mauser M96
1934 Persian Mauser M1309
Two 1935 Braz. Mauser M1935 (short rifle)
1937 Braz. Mauser M1935 (long rifle)
1943 Finnish M39 (Sk.Y.)
1943 Izhevsk M1891/30 w. folding bay.
1943 Swiss K31
1947 Dutch "Wilhelmina" Mauser carbine
~1950 Hung. Lámpagyár Kispuska 48M (.22lr cadet rifle)
Two 1952 Hung. 48M
1955 British No. 4 Mk. 2
1968 Finnish M39
1977 6" Korth .357 Magnum
2012 H&K USP Expert .45 ACP
2016 H&K MR308 A3
2016 STEYR AUG Z
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

zeebill wrote:Shocker! They have one on the Simpsons site already! They were saying they were way behind but one a CZ27 with Nazi proofs is up there already. Next time we go out there I am going to take a whole day to go through their shop as it is mind boggling with variety. I really regret being worn out from driving myself and my car so hard and arriving beat to death. Joe was kind of his usual self and awake and probably saw much more than I did. The plan was to kind of avoid buying anything in case we saw something late at the gun shows. I only have one M39 left and it should be a good shooter. Can't wait to get this other knee done and get into the other M39's for next year. They are such great guns to own and shoot. When I first started this stuff of collecting I discovered them and was at one time only going to collect them alone but I branched out and have a little bit of everything now. Bill :D
Did you bring them that 1929 Tula Dragoon? Very nice rifle, but no way would I ever pay what they are asking. I'm crazy, but not that crazy. :bonk:
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Yes we did bring that one out. I can not afford to buy that one or I would as I have never seen an apparent "Blindee Bolt" in a Dragoon or any place other than there. Did it get work done in Belgium? I don't know but as we often note never say never with a Mosin! I have found several other Mosins in the past few weeks that are for sure one of a kind and will come from Kevin Carney's collection. How does a like new completely matching 1920 Tula Dragoon with all stamped matching numbers like the one you mention sound? I will like as not never own that one either but someone will like it enough after seeing it and may pay the price that you and I can't afford for something that may never be seen again. Only time will tell and I look at it this way I never thought the collectors of today would pay as much or search and seek as much as they do today and time has made me a liar. I used to be a very sneaky and finding collector and get there before others but now most times I find things I am too late and it is long gone! Snooze and you will indeed lose! Wait and see what else shows up on Simpsons later and next year when we get the rest out there if things go well. Bill :wink:
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

I hear you. And it's a rifle that had the price been right I'd have picked up without hesitation. The issue for me is what is not known/verifiable . . . and buying the sizzle instead of the steak. I think you have mentioned this yourself, as have others. When a seller starts talking four-figures, his offer is not necessarily past my consideration, but now we are talking serious money, and both the rifle and the bona fides had better be at least very, very, very good. Because as sure as death, the day after the purchase something even more intriguing will show up. A 1920 as you describe might get into that territory, though frankly if I am considering that kind of money, think at least a year or two earlier.

But that's just me.

While I do wonder at some of the prices being paid these days, inevitably that ends with a shrug and the thought that, "It's his money." I know that on occasion I have paid far more than FMV for a particular rifle I wanted-- because it was worth that much (or more) to me.

Where I really scoff (not the case, here) is at sellers who (for example) list re-furbed ex-Dragoons as "RARE!" asking $400 and usually much more. Really? If that's the FMV, and there are people willing to pay it, I might even think about parting with a couple of the two dozen or so I've picked up over time. But no one is buying. Either those sellers really don't know what they have and/or can't be bothered to hear it, or they are looking to gull some fool, or both. That annoys me.

The 1920 Tula may very well be worth four figures to someone, and while it's unlikely that I will pay it, I can at least understand that someone else might go that high.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Well cash is easier to come by than a 1920 Dragoon, and easier to waste on things much less enjoyable. Someone will buy it.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

bunkysdad wrote:Well cash is easier to come by than a 1920 Dragoon, and easier to waste on things much less enjoyable. Someone will buy it.
We'll see what it looks like, and how much is asked, I'm sure. :D
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

Nope. That's the 1929.
joe7170

Post by joe7170 »

Ok, the other is yet to posted. There's 15 of 43 guns online so far...
RIP Kevin Carney. Your always in our hearts.
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Yeah the 1929 is the one I am referring too. Quite a one of a kind rifle. I would have bought that one but there is just so much room in the bunker and money in the pocket. The blued bolt with Liege proof marks are reminiscent of the Blindee bolts we find. Bill :wink: