Kholodovskii M91 Prototype

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
TulaTom

Re: Kholodovskii M91 Prototype

Post by TulaTom »

Simply awesome! Nice assist Dolk! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Nice work Matt. I'm glade to see you have it "in your hands"!

That is a once in a life time score. Congratulations!

Darryl

PS:
I'd give you "cool" smilies ( 8-) ), but I don't want to be here for the rest of the day poking the key to add them on...so .............. " 8-) X 252"! (for now)........ :thumbsup:
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

martin08 wrote:Thanks, all.

Assuming that there are no limitations on the number of characters per post as there are on other forums, I have submitted the entire text and feature pictures for the Showcase.
I'm extremely impressed with this one... A find worthy of it's own category in the showcase. Outstanding!! 8-)
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
martin08

Post by martin08 »

Thank you, Rongo.

The post formatting for the forum really makes the article 'pop' on the computer screen.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I need a new mouse. I wore out the wheel looking at the pictures so many times.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:I need a new mouse. I wore out the wheel looking at the pictures so many times.
No shit. Me too. Hell of a find Matt.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

I made a video of my reaction to this rifle, it kinda says it all.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/aAGoR4vAo20[/BBvideo]

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :big shock:
gopedxr7

Post by gopedxr7 »

amazing find! i saw an old article online about these a while back and thought it was fake, guess i was wrong

how many of these were made?
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
Matt, amazing rifle and history it needs to be in the showcase. Great find and research. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
martin08

Post by martin08 »

There were 288 rifles produced in 1913.

Full story in the Showcase. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25409
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
AJ333

Post by AJ333 »

What a fantastic write up to go with a fantastic rifle. I much appreciate you sharing this with us. Never saw it coming - always something new to this sport. Thanks and congrats. :D
Emdawg

Post by Emdawg »

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I must say damn! That is a piece for the ages!