Finnish home run!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
scribs87

Finnish home run!

Post by scribs87 »

So i happen to find 3 finnish rifles locally. The guy was trying to sell 7 rifles. Well i hit the ground running when i saw the fins! A SY m28, 1940 m91 and a 1940 m27. Of course i emailed him asking the price on the 3 finnish mosins. Booom $675! I out loud screamed Shut the Fudge up! Well i asked where he wanted to meet and 2 days later on the date of the exchange he told me if i drove to his house he will knock it down to $650.. no brainer as he was only 30 mins drive from work in the wrong direction. Definitely dirty and grungy and little bits of rust starting.. blah blah bores were nice and still a amazing deal.

Well i had time to look at them when i got home and i found more great surprises.

#1 the m27 is built on a 1894 Chatellerault receiver!

#2 the m28 has the early front nose cap and the big "S" with a "40" under it on the stock.plus its in the best shape. Very little to clean and nice bluing. No rust.

#3....meh m91 is not the nicest but the bore is top notch and its my first m91.

I dont have alot of gun cleaner currently so more pictures to come.

What do you guys think about the m27 and m28?
The m27 is a low production year yes?
the m28 with the early nose is uncommon or not so much?

I may sell one to recoup alittle of the money but lets not think about that right now.

3 New to ME FINS! Muuuhoooohahaha!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Finnish home run!

Post by bunkysdad »

Awesome. That is what I call a bargain bundle.
rayjd2

Post by rayjd2 »

Still a nice M91! Great score!
Things could be worse. Work to keep from finding out how much worse.
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

Hmm looks like maybe the m28 was updated to a m28-30 spliced stock too :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Considering we have seen just one of these type sell for most or at what you paid for all three I think you did well. I have a 1940 VKT who's stock looks like someone pounded nails with it, dings on the metal, and a bore that is spotless. With these Finn M91's it pays to look inside before deciding it's a relic wall hanger. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

How do you guys find these deals?! :big shock:
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Super nice deal !! Great score and an antique to boot !!! Wowzer
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

I find my deals being extremely proactive in my area. I put up wtb adds all over and check resources a few to several times a day. I definitely spend a couple hours a day looking at,or reading about/advertising for mosins.
Iv been collecting since January and im definitely on a budget. Iv past up a few mosins out of my range already . But they were not super special they were just to soon to many for my wallet. I also buy any mosins that are a good deal. That way i have something to sell or trade.
The goal is to collect all the finnish variets. A m91,m24,P,m27,m28,28-30,m39,m91-30 and a capture .
however i own a pair of m28s,m27s,no maker m39s, a m91 and a chat 91/38 lol.. talk about side tracked
Lotema

Post by Lotema »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: What a bargain! I'd be happy to have any of those in my collection. Congratulations on the new rifles. It really pays to keep looking under every stone!
Lotema
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours. -- Richard Bach
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

Lotema wrote::thumbsup: :thumbsup: What a bargain! I'd be happy to have any of those in my collection. Congratulations on the new rifles. It really pays to keep looking under every stone!
Seriously does.

Iv lost out on the fallowing items

Sestroryetsk SA marked m91 $250
NEW SA marked m91 $375
43 tikka 91-30 $300
And a couple m39s $400 average

All do to not having the money.
seems i blow a huge amount on something and then the next day i get smacked in the face with something awesome i cant afford untill its gone.

Such is life.
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

That's not a home run, that's darn near a grand slam. Nice looking bunch of relics. Very good deal on the price. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

This m28 is crazy! Cant wait to get home and post more photos. . I need you guys to help solve this mysterious stocking