You can get a good deal on a grey blanket every now and then

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jones0430

Re: You can get a good deal on a grey blanket every now and

Post by jones0430 »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Three fu*kin grand??? Were the hell are these people when I want to sell something?
First you have to purchase a high quality grey blanket for display purposes...

:wink:
"And beneath the starry flag, we civilized them with a Krag..."
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

jones0430 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Three fu*kin grand??? Were the hell are these people when I want to sell something?
First you have to purchase a high quality grey blanket for display purposes...

:wink:
:chuckles:

Nice rifle! You got it at a great price in my opinion. I saw this one, too, but I have a P-26. The "AK" initials show up on Finn stocks. I think that they must be an abbreviation for something common (a wartime slogan?) rather than someone's initials.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I guess nobody remembers my pictures from the old board, I have a grey blanket, real East German high quality...wool? Well, anyway, it's gray, but the guns displayed on it are not for sale.

To make it perfectly clear, the Gray Blanket idea was mine, not Larry and Steve's, they took that idea from me. I have been using the above gray blanket to display items both for sale and for the collection since 1991, and other gray blankets since the 70's. Long before the two brothers even thought of selling guns online. " Gray blanket seller's" my ass, Gray blanket idea thieves is more like it, I think maybe I have some money coming for thinking up the idea, maybe a gun or two.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

To hell with the blanket. Where is the big white garden chair??
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I really like this P-26 rifle a lot. I am glad to see you won it.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Longcolt44 wrote:To hell with the blanket. Where is the big white garden chair??
I painted it tan for a few years, then when I ran out of that color I started painting it green. It's still outside, and still in use.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Does any one have any idea where the grey blanket guy gets his rifles from ?? I understand he must buy collections but where does he get them in the volume he sells ?? It's just nuts how many he sells ?!?!
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Gsragtop wrote:I won this rifle in a grey blanket auction a few weeks ago, and I am very excited to own one of the pieces of history. Sold a Hungarian m44 to pay for it (very broke right now) but it was worth it. I'm into it for around $300 after shipping and I think that's cheap money.

Picked it up from the FFL a few days ago and it's nicer then I expected, so I'm even better now. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to break it down yet as the rear band is pinned.

But, let me ask you what are your guys thoughts in the initials cut into the stock, a detractor or a non issue ??

I see $300 not $3000 here in the original post what am I missing? VT, AT, HT and many combinations of those letters are commonly excepted by most Finnish collectors as Finnish in origin so are not detractors in anyway to my thoughts. If indeed the total cost of this rifle was $300 this was a super buy as I just bought a P27 in similar condition for $500 and thought that was OK. What those letter combinations repeated like they are mean? I have no idea as they make little sense other than some now forgotten Political slogan attached by the Finn's to the war effort maybe. Many things in history have lost their reasoning over the years and these letters seem to be one of them to me. Nice Rifle regardless of the cost as I refuse to lower myself to constantly comment on prices other people pay for rifles. First though being you haven't got a clue why they wanted the rifle so that fact alone makes comment a dumb move to my thinking? Bill
JER

Post by JER »

zeebill- Glad to see you are back online. I sidetracked Gsragtop's original thread with a link to another auction, wherein the buyer didn't get such a deal IMHO. My fault.
I agree that Gsragtop did well, finding a scarce rifle, especially at the price.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

JER don't you be setting any brain game traps for this old drug induced fogged up brain of mine. I am having enough trouble finding my way to the bathroom in my own house. Thanks for the explanation now I understand. I just started today without pain meds since last night about midnight and although I do have some pain it is doable and I feel much clearer in thoughts. Progress off this walker is the next step but strengthening and flexibility have to be maintained too. Thanks for the thoughts and explanation! Bill
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

zeebill wrote:JER don't you be setting any brain game traps for this old drug induced fogged up brain of mine. I am having enough trouble finding my way to the bathroom in my own house. Thanks for the explanation now I understand. I just started today without pain meds since last night about midnight and although I do have some pain it is doable and I feel much clearer in thoughts. Progress off this walker is the next step but strengthening and flexibility have to be maintained too. Thanks for the thoughts and explanation! Bill
I
Welcome back Bill, glad your getting better with every day!! The road to recovery is long, but the destination is worth it :)
gurn

Post by gurn »

Lincoln Zephyr V12. Wow, cool!
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!