A Tale of Two Dragoons - Warning! Lots of Large Pics Inside!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
LottaMosins

A Tale of Two Dragoons - Warning! Lots of Large Pics Inside!

Post by LottaMosins »

Here they are! Two lovely M91 Dragoons joined the collection yesterday!

This was an interesting story, to say the least - especially with the P-26 Dragoon. That one started out as a random, early-morning Facebook check. The post the guy made was almost quite literally, "Hey guys, I have this moron, I think its a Finn. What can you tell me?" No pics at first, I almost scrolled right by it, but I clicked because I was curious. Eventually he posted a barrel shank picture, okay so its a P-series, no biggie. Well then he posted a side profile of the whole rifle. That's a dragoon!

So I messaged him, asked for more detailed pics. Sure enough I was right, a P-26 M91 Dragoon. I told him if he decided to sell to let me know, I'd make an offer. The next day he PMs me and asks what my offer is. I made the offer and he said he needed to think on it. We eventually agreed to a price and we set up a time and place to meet to do the deal.

A few days later I ended up getting a message from a friend/fellow collector on Facebook who said they had a discussion with him and they were pretty sure he was considering backing out on our deal, screenshots of the conversation included to confirm. I confronted the guy and he blocked me. Figured it was long gone...

A few weeks went by and I got a PM from another fellow collector, saying he received a massage from someone and that apparently a third P-26 Dragoon was found in a matter of weeks. They sent pics and sure enough, same rifle. Original guy was out fishing for offers on the gun. Basically the whole ordeal was beginning to feel like a big tease at this point.

I moved on...then a few weeks went by...

Got a PM from yet another fellow collector, "Hey, what ever happened with that P-series dragoon?" Turns out the guy messaged him, looking for offers. I just about shut my computer off and went to bed. Really?! WTF?! Another tease?

Sure enough, no tease. My friend and same fellow collector went and met the guy one evening and picked it up for me. I had already paid for the 1894 pictured here from him, he had offered to pick up the P-26 and I pay him back. What a guy!! (By the way Greg, you're awesome!)

Anyways, work schedules conflicted and he wasn't able to ship, plus his box got accidentally thrown away at work, so I offered to meet up with him and pick them up. I left yesterday morning and 8 hours later I was back home, Dragoons in hand.

I'm still in shock that the P-26 even made it into my hands. A BIG thanks to my friend for helping me acquire these two lovely rifles!

Hope you enjoyed my story! Here's the pics:
(Also included pics of my M91 Infantry rifles alongside the M91 Dragoons)

1894 M91 Dragoon

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1894 M91 Dragoon & 1893 M91

ImageImageImage

P-26 M91 Dragoon

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

P-26 M91 Dragoon & P-26 M91

ImageImageImage

1894 & P-26 M91 Dragoons

ImageImage
(Sorry, my phone decided to randomly delete the barrel shank picture of the two dragoons together, but I'm sure by now you have the idea) ;)
redspoon

Re: A Tale of Two Dragoons - Warning! Lots of Large Pics Ins

Post by redspoon »

Very nice rifles, congrats. Interesting chase story on that one, glad it worked out in the end.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Very cool! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup: :Drool1: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Post by WWW »

Damn. Those are some mighty beautiful rifles! :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers #29: ...if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens.
hudson29

Post by hudson29 »

These rifles look like they have seen a lot of use over their time. I just love the look!
Vintage Paul

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Very nice, hi-5!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Not only do I love the look of these Mosin Dragoons, but I wouldn't mind seeing them entered into the showcase.
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

I agree! They would make a great addition to the showcase.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
davesstuff1

Post by davesstuff1 »

:big shock: :big shock: :big shock: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup:
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

SWEEEET :Drool1: :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

Beauties..
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi