Japan gew88?

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Rustynail

Japan gew88?

Post by Rustynail »

Found this rifle for sale on the internet can someone give me some info and a rough estimate for how much this rifle is worth? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Japan gew88?

Post by bunkysdad »

Without being able to look it over good I would probably be interested if around 200.00 but it may be worth a lot more to someone else. When someone cannot give me a price I tend to be less interested so I am not giving too high a offer. You don't know how it will shoot, if it will shoot, or what the bore looks like.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Without pics of the markings he mentions I would think it was a Turkish rifle with their standard mods.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Chinese hanyang rifle. Usually toasted and worth around 100 bucks. If it passes headspace it would be a miracle. If it has rifling then that is an added bonus. It is nice to have for a gew88 collection but not generaly for shooting
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Oh and the Nazi marks are just Chinese figures and not Nazi. The swastika is backwards from the germans and it is a normal Chinese thing
:thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Rustynail

Post by Rustynail »

Thanks guys it's a couple hours away from my house didn't know if it had any collector value.
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

This is a pic of mine, you can see the reason for the confusion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.