need mosin help fast!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
scribs87

need mosin help fast!

Post by scribs87 »

received_10205613980483096.jpeg
received_10205613980523097.jpeg
received_10205613980403094.jpeg
Just got offered first dibs on 3 finnish rifles.
The very nice man sent me photos of the 3. ones a m28 next is a m28/30 and the last is a m39.
i really dont think i can buy more then one right now. What do you recommend me buying and what value basef on the photos i gave do you give them.
Thanks guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bugelson

Re: need mosin help fast!

Post by Bugelson »

Photos are terrible. But m/28-30, you can't do any better. A great shooter and collectable. Wish the photos were better, hard to say about the originality trough those.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

How much does he want for the M28/30? These are hard to find and expensive. Others may disagree, but if you can get it for south of $500, grab it!

If you can't examine these personally but are only going by pics, be sure to find out if there is a non-firing inspection period (pretty standard).

Second choice would be the M28.

Third, but only because of the preceding two, would be the M39. All excellent rifles.
Last edited by djbuck1 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

Im going into the shop in a few hours. Trying to learn all i can in a fast time frame from you guys. Im going to try to get 2 rifles for around 800. 400 cash and trade a m38 and tula 91/30 rifle. I have 430 into the rifles
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Buy in this order...

1st- 28/30 Value $550 +
2nd- Sky M39 Value $400+/-
3rd - Sako M39 Value $350+/-

Values are what I consider average retail right now ... always shoot for lower..
Jim

NLMosin

Post by NLMosin »

Im driving to NH as fast as I can!! :twisted: Better buy them all of I will!! :pointleft:
.....JK. Nice find! 8-)
Governments don't live together.
People live together.
Governments don't give you a fair word
or a fair fight. I've come here to give you either one.
Or get either one from you.
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

He has a mint condition new england westinghouse finnish m91 also
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

M28/30 if you can't buy them all.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

20150429_210252.jpg
Got a 28/30 with early import marks and a 28 with no import marks. M28/30 is mint condition and both have mint mirror bores.. the 28 needs a handgard and a screw. But looks nice anyway with the cracked one and modern screw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bugelson

Post by Bugelson »

M/28-30 looks to be post war refurb. While not that collectable I am sure you will be blown away by the accuracy of it. My favourite rifle of all Finnish rifles. Great rifles!
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

:bonk: dont say that. I had no idea there was post war refurbished m28/30 worth little to nothing.. :( i cant have a rifle like that in my collection as im only looking to own one of every type of finnish rifle. I now have the m27,m28 and m28/30..but if its not that collectable im going to need to sell it and try again.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

He didn't say that. Worth little to nothing? He didn't say that! You need to make a calm decision and not based off of 30 second worth of opinion of internet chatter. Go look at them and make a decision based on what your gut tells you. You'll be fine.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I see only good choices here, I wish you the best of luck.
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

I really want only the best examples. the way i look at it is theres 7-8 finnish rifles i need for my finnish collection. Then i can work on my carbine collection. any "rv" carbines will fit into both so ill be sweet. But i really dont want a refurbished finnish in my collection if its not super collectable haha. im very bummed that the m28 and m28/30 is not "D" stamped also.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

scribs87 wrote:I really want only the best examples. the way i look at it is theres 7-8 finnish rifles i need for my finnish collection. Then i can work on my carbine collection. any "rv" carbines will fit into both so ill be sweet. B
:lol: Hope you have a few thousand $ for that rv. And can even find one. Not laying around everywhere. A lot of your finns have gone through "refurbishment" at one time or another. Just remember, they were made from some recycled parts when they were made "new"(receiver, bolt, some of the stocks) and new barrels and stocks and misc parts.

Just slow down....all of those rifle deserve to be in a Finn collection. Are they "top of the line" collectables??? They look more common for their models to me. The M28/30 will be the hardest to find, but not rare. The others are more common. I'd put any of them in my collection.....D
martin08

Post by martin08 »

More M28/30 rifles will be found with some level of post-war refurbishment than without. My opinion is that they are all collectible for the model designation alone. They are not at all as common as the M39. You take 'em when you find 'em.

The M28 is also in this uncommon to find category. You can pick up an M39 most any time.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

Yeah i definitely understand. i guess finding a 1894 91/38 and a m27 with loads of SA stamps and matching wingbolt and wartime stack got my bar set to freakin high lol. So far iv found all my guns in the "wild" and im exstatic iv not resorted to gunbroker yet ..

i really liked the new England westinghouse m91 finnish rifle he had aalso. 100%mint shape. Although i do like a warhorse more i was bummed i passed on that and the 1944 sako m39. He also had a numbers matching t53 and a m38 with no import marks.

My buddy got the m38 for $250 but the stocked looked like it may have been refinished.

The rest of his guns will be on gunbroker at the end of the week.

Happy i got first dibs.

If anyone has a m28 handgard and screw for the rear vand im happy.
Bugelson

Post by Bugelson »

I never said it is not collectable. Just not THAT collectable compared to original condition m/28-30. But those - like said - are not that easy to find. But those are out there.
scribs87

Post by scribs87 »

Haha all good. Keep filling me with info boys!. Me and a friend are looking into our ffl and iv found a few mosin hunny holes locally. Mil-surplus in general actually. . Hopefully in the near future ill dump some impressive rifles in your hands.