Picked up a 99% plus Makarov on GB.

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
OLD OUTLAW

Picked up a 99% plus Makarov on GB.

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

Well, last week end I was browsing Gun Brokers. There was an add started Friday evening for three days. So, I kept watching this one. Figured that baby would go way up as all the Bulgarians in this condition do. Well, Sunday night there were NO bidders. I just kept shaking my head. Not possible. Well, at the 151/2 second mark I hit the BIN of $299. Won it.

Got it home today. No FFL transfer fee for me either. So it was $324 delivered. It is a Circle 10 Military pistol and has the chrome lined bore. Perhaps the most immaculate Military pistol I have ever found. As close to if not unissued as you can find.
It is a true beauty, far better than the ones for sale at AIM or Classic at this time. Magazines are SN matching to the pistol.
Pictures do not do this one justice.

Not only this, but I found another one. An Arsenal Bulgarian commercially assembled. These ended within an hour of each other. But, this Arsenal had a lanyard, Military Holster, extra magazine, magazine well soft cleaning brush, original instruction booklet, and one other important little package everyone over looked!! It had an KMAKO1 Armorers pack with it. That pack I could google no reference to until 2008 and earlier. It has all the spare wearable parts in it. Plus a spare grip and a brand new chrome lined 9x18 MAK barrel in it. Seller told me what a bunch of those parts on the list/sicker said. I began to check the current prices of some and I stopped checking at about $200. He guarantees it is 100% and the previous owner never even fired it. Or, I can return it on his dime.

Came from a dealer about 100 miles out of New York City. An 80 year old collector passed away in his home. Anyway, authorities did call NY State Police about the guns. So they came. Relatives knew nothing about guns and Troopers were going to confiscate for the time being unless they could come up with someone qualified to take possession. Relatives knew the dealer was a friend of the deceased and said he might help. Well, NY State Police knew the dealer very well. So, Trooper called him and told him the story and he went right over. Guns were moved to his vault for safe keeping until he could sell them for the estate. Which he has done for almost all of the guns over time. That is the story, and the dealer has a lot of feed back and all good. So I tend to believe it. I will have this one on Monday. Pretty cheap gun plus all the extra stuff for $359. Plus $25 shipping. No transfer fee for me on this one either. Got a good friend who is FFL01. Heck, a good one like this alone past sales show goes upper $300's minimum.

So, I had a good evening Sunday. I needed to just do some thing for myself for a change. Get my perspective back I guess.
My wife's Cancer has occupied all my time for months. I just took a short breather so to speak. Post pics of this one next week. Here is number 1.

Happiness is owning Swedish Mausers!
tjtM38

Re: Picked up a 99% plus Makarov on GB.

Post by tjtM38 »

You got a nice one at a good price! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Very nice.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Such a pistol is hard to find at that price indeed. The ones on the market now are nice, but this one is special. You can bet the gentleman that owned it had hand selected it at some point most likely. Old Outlaw, I wasn't aware about your wife's cancer. I am truly sorry to hear of it, and prayers for her and for you are already started.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

bunkysdad wrote:Such a pistol is hard to find at that price indeed. The ones on the market now are nice, but this one is special. You can bet the gentleman that owned it had hand selected it at some point most likely. Old Outlaw, I wasn't aware about your wife's cancer. I am truly sorry to hear of it, and prayers for her and for you are already started.
Thank You, we are fighting hard to just give her perhaps another year or two hopefully.

Because of the quality of this MAK, I and the dealer suspect this one came here some time ago. Possibly one of batch of new/unissued that came in at one point. Dunno of course.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

This one with the red grips is my favorite. Also if all import marks were done like this discreet mark wouldn't it be great?
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

The grip actually is more Brown than red. Which is great for me. The red ones actually are Russian or Chinese.
This one is a true Bulgarian grip. These have a bit of a rise on the back strap which gives a bit better hold that the others do not have.

The boys over on Makarov Dot Com under gun boards sure do like it. Especially the price I got it for. I will probably put this one aside for a few years. The one due in tomorrow is the one I will most likely shoot and carry some times.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I remember seeing these almost unissued Bulgarian Makarovs being sold 4 or 5 years ago. Did it come with two grips?
The armorer packs were going for around $80 to $90 on Gunbroker. Should have picked one up. Good find, really nice shooting pistol.
We have met the enemy and he is us.
OLD OUTLAW

Post by OLD OUTLAW »

polymerase2 wrote:I remember seeing these almost unissued Bulgarian Makarovs being sold 4 or 5 years ago. Did it come with two grips?
The armorer packs were going for around $80 to $90 on Gunbroker. Should have picked one up. Good find, really nice shooting pistol.
I got two grips. I did not know that the original brown grips had to be removed and the black thumb rail grip installed before selling. They had to be a so called sporter or target pistol. Jeesh. Anyway, I got both.

That armorers pack seems to have went the way of the dinosaurs. I will get the second one with that pack tomorrow late AM.
He says this pistol will be 100%. Plus the other items he threw in. Wish I had the money to buy another one he has listed for $299. His pics are on a darker background with a yellowish light. It's a full Military Circle 10 also. I think he calls it Excellent.
But, two for me are enough with all my CZ82 and my Swedish m/40 Lahti. Thank goodness I bought that 9x18 by the cases
when the good stuff was available here in the US.