1935 Tula MO triple date (Update! Altered rifle "Faked)

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
fintowin

Re: 1935 Tula MO triple date

Post by fintowin »

dolk wrote:Stupid part is, the SA would have been put on during WWII. The MO would have been put on after the war.

"If it is real"It would have to be a ......Finn captured Russian rifle (during WWII),...... then Russians re-captured it back (WWII)..... and then refurbished and MO marked by the Russians.

Captured, Re-Captured, Triple dated MO marked. :roll: Long shot?....D
I was thinking the same thing. I would have held on to that one!
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
martin08

Post by martin08 »

fintowin wrote: The rifle was shipped on 3-16. Delivered on 3-20.
That's about what I thought. Thanks for responding.

Over on Gunboards, I offered the seller (Richard Hamilton, Jr. of the Mosin Corner) an 'out'. Show us a video of the SA stamp being destroyed, admit to the forgery, and apologize. I sent him a link to the Gunboards thread through his email, and the following was his response:
Martin hello good morning and thank you for the information I do see the rifle on the thread on the forum it does have the same serial number of this rifle was purchased for a local customer customer a few weeks ago he brought it back in trade on M 38 that I had that he wanted .
and I had since put this rifle back up for sale so I do see what you were talking about it does appear that these marks were not there prior I appreciate the information
Trade price was 260.00
Sale price i listed was 279
For 19.00 its hardly worth any effort to try to sell s faked MOSIN ..

He most certainly will be refunded the monies.... For this rifle

I have an email and call into my former customer about this rifle

Although the point nay be mute at this point....

I have traded and purchased two other rifles from this individual before
It have sold many rifles and gave had no complaints from anyone and my wish is to continue to do so and resolve this....

Thank you again..
Once i here back i will be in touch with his name and location

Seems he opted for the lie, and not to 'do the right thing'. Oh, well. He had his chance! Don't buy from The Mosin Corner, and don't get it mixed up with the entirely legitimate business called The Mosin Crate.
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Could he not see from the gunboards thread that everybody know he bought it from fintowin and we can see that it had no stamps when he got it??? What a moron.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
sparky236

Post by sparky236 »

We know that the Mosin Corner has also sold at least two other seemingly fake SA marked guns to another Gunboards member - so this isn't the first time this has happened.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

millman wrote:Could he not see from the gunboards thread that everybody know he bought it from fintowin and we can see that it had no stamps when he got it??? What a moron.
We gave him the chance. But stubborn, he was.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... kery-found

Oh, well. Does anyone smell smoke? :lol:
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Oh isn't this a nice turn of events, history forger and not a very good one at that. Reselling the forged rifle on the same Mosin board he bought it off of. Amateur hour, I really don't care for petty thievery, I have no respect for it. Pull off an armored car hit, steal the Mona Lisa, rip off the crown jewels from the Tower of London and you have my respect if you get away with it, petty larceny? No, I think not. This is so poorly done it's embarrassing, the Marx brothers attempt at historical forgery. Sad part is someone not affiliated with these boards and seeing what is going on will probably buy that rifle at some gun show one day. Low, very low, this rifle had more than enough history as it was, there was no need to fake it to turn a profit.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

I'm late to the party and in fact have a bid in on one of his rifles on GB. That's on a 1937 Tula which he claims is SCW but obviously isn't. I knew that and was undeterred, figuring just to pick up another `37 Tula. But now, nothing-- even legitimate rifles (if he has any) can be purchased from him. His reputation is dirt.

No worries gents, not a penny of my gelt will he see. He can take it up with GB management if he wishes, and I'll reply.

I don't support frauds, and have so advised him.
Last edited by djbuck1 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

He should SA stamp those Unrefurbished M44's. Lol.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

martin08 wrote:
millman wrote:Could he not see from the gunboards thread that everybody know he bought it from fintowin and we can see that it had no stamps when he got it??? What a moron.
We gave him the chance. But stubborn, he was.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... kery-found

Oh, well. Does anyone smell smoke? :lol:
Well here's the proof. The seller says "Martin hello good morning and thank you for the information I do see the rifle on the thread on the forum it does have the same serial number of this rifle was purchased for a local customer customer a few weeks ago he brought it back in trade on M 38 that I had that he wanted" and Fintowin says "The rifle was shipped on 3-16. Delivered on 3-20." Do the math. He's had the rifle for 5 days seeing how today is the 25th not weeks. He put it up on gunbroker "Start 3/23/2015 10:39:28 AM ET" That's not a few weeks ago. I guess this guy has no idea just how tight the collecting community is.

Edit: Then there's this. Walt contacted him and this was his response.
W. Miller

This rifle was purchased from a local person last week, wanted to trade it or sell it out right..

He stated he bought it from gun broker last month but didn't want it as it is counter bored...

Looked ok to me....

Best regards,

Richard D. Hamilton JR.

THE MOSIN CORNER
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:this rifle had more than enough history as it was, there was no need to fake it to turn a profit.
That's absolutely right. I thought it had enough if its own merit the way it was. Kind of figured it would have brought more than the $222 I got for it. I put it on GB hoping for the big bucks I see this stuff going for. Then, to top it all off, this happens. I get a sick feeling just being connected with it.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

fintowin wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:this rifle had more than enough history as it was, there was no need to fake it to turn a profit.
That's absolutely right. I thought it had enough if its own merit the way it was. Kind of figured it would have brought more than the $222 I got for it. I put it on GB hoping for the big bucks I see this stuff going for. Then, to top it all off, this happens. I get a sick feeling just being connected with it.
I would feel the same way. The good thing is we have your original post with great pictures showing this rifle with no SA stamps before he got it and your auction selling this as what it was when you originally purchased it last year. As soon as I saw you were the original owner I knew he was in trouble and the evidence leading to him and not his "customer" being the one who applied the fake SA stamps has only been cemented. More importantly his own words with contradicting stories were the final nail in his coffin. Bottom line is he received the rifle on the 20th with no SA stamps and listed it on the 23rd with SA Stamps.
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

sparky236 wrote:We know that the Mosin Corner has also sold at least two other seemingly fake SA marked guns to another Gunboards member - so this isn't the first time this has happened.
Nice to see you Sparky.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

This is why I never sell from my collection..... that way none run the chance of getting ruined
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

kamakazi339 wrote:This is why I never sell from my collection..... that way none run the chance of getting ruined
That's one reason I never sell any of mine. I know if it's with me it'll never be messed with but I also have a sort of paranoia that if I did sell a firearm to anyone, even my best friend, no matter how legal the sale is I'd always be worried it'd be used for some really bad thing and would come back on me. My house is like a black-hole when it comes to firearms. They come in but the forces of the universe will never let them leave. That is except too go out back and shoot them, from time to time. :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I never sell any of mine either but then there is the whole gun hoarder thing....
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I never sell any of mine either but then there is the whole gun hoarder thing....
Well that probably tops my list too. I can't stand the thought of parting with any of them. Not modern rifles, not milsurps and even the ruined rifles that are all rusted up from 20 years in the basement at my uncles place. Oh and BTW Jim. I'm hoping to get to the horseradish soon. I haven't forgot. Just had a lot going on lately and well it's been to cold to dig it up.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Don't worry, I know all about cold, we had some Alaska shit going on here this winter, and it's not over yet.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Don't worry, I know all about cold, we had some Alaska shit going on here this winter, and it's not over yet.
Apparently not here either. It's going to be cold again later this week. The funny thing is I just picked my first asparagus today. The grass is starting to grow and I need to work on both my riding mower and my mothers to get them ready for the season. Had to replace the battery in the truck yesterday. I knew it was coming but it was a close call yesterday. Cranked a bit slow, real slow but started. I stopped on the way to get feed yesterday and got another one from a friend in town that sells Interstate batteries. The one in it was an Interstate I got in 2008 so it was time. Good news is the battery is still plenty good enough to use in my north garden solar electric fence controller. I built the box for it big enough for a car battery so that solved another problem. I have been picking up some different hot sauces to send too but still haven't found the Garlic Tabasco. I don't get out to many stores and the one's close by have limited choices but I have a feeling the one in Ruston has it. It's a larger college town. I just don't go there much since it's about 20 miles away but I have to go there look at push mowers for my mother since she bent the crankshaft on the one I got her last year. She thinks it's a bushhog and takes it off into the high weeds and keeps hitting stumps. Bent two blades and the second time totaled the mower.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I have a Murray Mulcher that should still work but the shipping would be killer. I haven't used it in a couple of years. I have to overhaul the craftsman twin cylinder riding mower, and I wrecked the other mower when the plow truck slid into it thanks to it's almost nonexistent brakes. The grass will not need mowing until May so I have some time yet to get everything fixed up.
Theodore Roosevelt
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I have a Murray Mulcher that should still work but the shipping would be killer. I haven't used it in a couple of years. I have to overhaul the craftsman twin cylinder riding mower, and I wrecked the other mower when the plow truck slid into it thanks to it's almost nonexistent brakes. The grass will not need mowing until May so I have some time yet to get everything fixed up.
Yeah well this mower is a Murray that bit the dust. I appreciate the thought but she'd kill it too. I'm looking at commercial mowers like maybe a Toro with a 1" crankshaft. This one has a 7/8" or smaller. She's being stubborn about this and I can't change her mind. She's trying to clean up years of neglect by the previous owners of the place she has now and no matter what I say she's not listening. Problem is I'm the one stuck fixing things.