Stock Repairs - The Best, Worst, Most Numerous, Beautiful

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Crackerbrown

Re: Stock Repairs - The Best, Worst, Most Numerous, Beautifu

Post by Crackerbrown »

clayshooter2 is that wood spliced in there or is it some kind of filler? Either way I love it!
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Some kind of filler, but there is fragmentation damage to the filler too. It saw action again after the repair was made.
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

Most of my stock splices are very typical and nowhere near as cool as a lot of these. However I do have an arisaka with a nail driven into it to hold the stock together lol

Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

Finns also used a greenish putty to repair hole and dents. Almost an olive drab color. I'll try to get a photo of one.

M39

Image Image

1945 M44

Tika M39

Mt203

Re: Stock Repairs - The Best, Worst, Most Numerous, Beautiful

Post by Mt203 »

Here are my repairs on an unknown M38. I say unknown because it's not too typical, parkerized finish on the metal, no import, most marks scrubbed. It has other damage to the stock with small bits of metal protruding that were either unrepaired or post repairs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.