New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Redjack wrote:I have been lurking for a while. I finally pulled the pin and joined. I am the proud owner of a 42 Izhevsk 91/30. I have learned a great deal already just reading the posts. Thanks for such a great forum.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Twin wrote:New member,just joined today. I actually purchased my Nagant about 3 years ago and I have never shot it yet. I will probably do more lurking than anything. But I will probably ask questions on some markings and dates if I my search Fu is off.
There are some collectors who never fire what they collect, not ever, so you aren't doing bad with just three years. Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Twin

Post by Twin »

Thanks for the welcome Sir.
King Johhny

Post by King Johhny »

Hello I am King Johhny and I own a M91/30 1940.
I look forward to being a member of this forum.

Thanks
M91/30 1940 Izhevsk
Oct 1944 Springfield Armory M1 Garand
Czech post war K98k
Izawa Jyuko Series 9 Type 99
SMLE No.1 Mk.III 1918 "peddled scheme"
blueibze

Post by blueibze »

Hello fellow Mosin owners.

I've recently purchased two 91/30's. The first one in January for myself, the second one for my Son yesterday.
Both are BEAUTIFUL.

My Sons Mosin has a bolt through the stock just above the trigger guard.
Has anyone come accross this before?

Thanx.

Bill
Outpost75

Post by Outpost75 »

This is Outpost75.

Those of you who may hang out on the Cast Boolits forum or Marlin Owners may know me from there.

I'm a retired government "Boffin," who in another life on a parallel universe on another planet long ago and far away was involved in evaluating and exploiting items of captured foreign materiel, working as an engineering consultant to government and industry in the research, design, development, test and acquisition of small arms, ammunition and ancillary equipment.

After 16 years of "playing with guns," I got burned out and didn't pop a cap for 9 years.

So, I returned to my roots and took an engineering position in local government near Washington, DC and stayed there for 24 years until I retired. It was real nuts and bolts stuff, varying from the mechanics of high rise construction, soils, hydrology, industrial safety, solid waste management to electrical power generation. Post 9/11 the emergency management planning, preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery pieces were added. I enjoyed it all.

I retired "Outside the Moderate Damage Radius" and now live where I can shoot out of my windows. I like it that way and now that shooting has become a hobby again instead of work I enjoy it.

I own no black rifles. My preferences are blued steel and walnut, military bolt, black powder and cowboy.
marchans

Post by marchans »

Glad to be a part of the group.....just started collecting milsurp.....it's addicting....already have 6 and 3 more on the way!! Details to follow soon........
Surfinbird

Post by Surfinbird »

Hello I'm making my first post per the requirements . I Have have been bitten by the mosin bug.
Nip it! Nip it in the bud!
Clayton Farlow

Post by Clayton Farlow »

Hello,

New member making my first post. I've been interested in Mosins for only about 4 years now (meaning I ignored them back when they were $75 or whatever). I have about 4 now, I think.
bivenshill

Post by bivenshill »

First post here. I am from Texas but just bought my first Mosin Nagant at a gun show near Kansas City yesterday. It is a 91/59 and the condition is excellent. Really looks like a new gun. 100 percent bluing, rifling etc. I cannot tell that it has ever been shot.
Tim Bivens
guido66

Post by guido66 »

Hello Everyone. I've been collecting milsurps since the late 80's. It has been during the last 2-1/2 years however, That I have been afflicted with mosinitis. I collect my mosins by the year so it is getting more difficult to fill those 'holes' in my collection. I the meantime, I am currently filling a few 'holes' in my 9mm pistol collection - Yes, I suffer from multiple addictions.I look forward to posting some photos soon.

1924 Izhevzk 91/30 (1904 receiver)
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1938 Tula 91/30
1939 Izhevzk 91/30
1942 Izhevzk 91/30
1943 Izhevzk 91/30
1943 Izhevzk 91/30
1951 Polish M44
Bluemule31

Post by Bluemule31 »

Chiming in for the first time from Lebanon, TN (not the country) and the owner of one Mosin.....a 1943 "Itchy" M91.............I think :-)
rifle_enthusiast

Post by rifle_enthusiast »

Hello everyone ! I've been wanting to join the forum for a while but haven't figured out this stressful app , I'm currently the owner of 2 Mosins . I have a 43 EX PU sniper and a 1939 Tula ! I wanted to join this forum to get all the knowledge about mosins I can because I love these things !
stevestine86

Post by stevestine86 »

hey everybody steve here!! So far only 3 mosins in my collection.. 1943 Izhevsk in a wartime stock, 1938 Tula in a pre war stock and a 1931 m91 Finn captured dragoon that i just picked up for 85$ from a guy that had no idea what he had!!! will be posting pics soon!!!!
recycledteen

Post by recycledteen »

Good Evening to everyone! I'm rick, more commonly called RecycledTeen because my mom tagged me with that years ago> Because I refuse to grow up!!! ;mywink; Anyway I stumbled across this forum and glad that I did. My son bought a 91-30 and he got me interested in them. The more I researched the more interested I became in them. I now have one that has had the stock changed to a "Sport" but I have most parts to change it back to original and now in search of a few more to complete the transformation. The main part i need is the front top cap, I think I have located the rest but am looking for that particular piece finished out as close as I can find to match my wood so there will be no retouching to match. Getting ready to hit up some gun shows in the next few weeks to find some treasure!
Definition: RecycledTeen ie. one who refuses to grow up......
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

marchans wrote:Glad to be a part of the group.....just started collecting milsurp.....it's addicting....already have 6 and 3 more on the way!! Details to follow soon........
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

bivenshill wrote:First post here. I am from Texas but just bought my first Mosin Nagant at a gun show near Kansas City yesterday. It is a 91/59 and the condition is excellent. Really looks like a new gun. 100 percent bluing, rifling etc. I cannot tell that it has ever been shot.
Tim Bivens
Welcome to the board Tim :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

guido66 wrote:Hello Everyone. I've been collecting milsurps since the late 80's. It has been during the last 2-1/2 years however, That I have been afflicted with mosinitis. I collect my mosins by the year so it is getting more difficult to fill those 'holes' in my collection. I the meantime, I am currently filling a few 'holes' in my 9mm pistol collection - Yes, I suffer from multiple addictions.I look forward to posting some photos soon.

1924 Izhevzk 91/30 (1904 receiver)
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1938 Tula 91/30
1939 Izhevzk 91/30
1942 Izhevzk 91/30
1943 Izhevzk 91/30
1943 Izhevzk 91/30
1951 Polish M44
Welcome to the board :vcool: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Bluemule31 wrote:Chiming in for the first time from Lebanon, TN (not the country) and the owner of one Mosin.....a 1943 "Itchy" M91.............I think :-)
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

rifle_enthusiast wrote:Hello everyone ! I've been wanting to join the forum for a while but haven't figured out this stressful app , I'm currently the owner of 2 Mosins . I have a 43 EX PU sniper and a 1939 Tula ! I wanted to join this forum to get all the knowledge about mosins I can because I love these things !
Welcome to the board, stressful what? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt