Classic Snipers legit?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Vendetta

Classic Snipers legit?

Post by Vendetta »

Im in the market for a couple guns and I just keep coming back to the snipers at Classic. $50 cheaper than AIM and tons of positive reviews but not too many by people "in the know" so to speak. So are they legit? Im in the market for an AK and "something else" and I feel this is going to be my "something else". Any input would be excellent. If they are legit, Ill order one tomorrow!
Vendetta

Re: Classic Snipers legit?

Post by Vendetta »

Bueller...
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I think Dolk did a review of these but I cannot find the thread.
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

BubbaDX wrote:I think Dolk did a review of these but I cannot find the thread.
Yeah I looked high and low and cant seem to confirm that they are 100% real. I would be displeased to drop that amount of coin on a rifle and have it be a "re-snipered" ex-sniper.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

A quick phone call can answer your question.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
gurn

Post by gurn »

I know first hand the AIM ones are real. I havent bought one from Classic but I have read they are real.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

If you look at their current page https://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-eli ... -and-mount the pictures below the main picture they have listed show a rifle in front of a box which has the Tulsky lable on it. They've sold Molots and Tulsky rifles but I think the recent batch are Tulskys and are from what I remember Dolk and others saying legit.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Longcolt44 wrote:A quick phone call can answer your question.
Yeah I may have to do that. I was just curious if anyone here had first hand experience. Hopefully Dolk will chime in here.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

It appears the AIM rifles are PW arms imports and the Classic ones have the huge MADE IN RUSSIA on them and imported by Tulsky. It might be worth it to pop the extra $50.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

And I just noticed AIM has free shipping on them. No Tulas but I would be thrilled to have one that doesnt appear to have giant marks on it. I think Im ordering an AIM tomorrow after I cash a check.
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Vendetta wrote:It appears the AIM rifles are PW arms imports and the Classic ones have the huge MADE IN RUSSIA on them and imported by Tulsky. It might be worth it to pop the extra $50.
PW Arms is the importer, Tulsky is the exporter. These are what Aim is selling and I believe classic is also selling.

Check out the sniper forum, there are pics posted of the rifle from Aim.
Kollaa kestää
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Lee-online wrote:
Vendetta wrote:It appears the AIM rifles are PW arms imports and the Classic ones have the huge MADE IN RUSSIA on them and imported by Tulsky. It might be worth it to pop the extra $50.
PW Arms is the importer, Tulsky is the exporter. These are what Aim is selling and I believe classic is also selling.

Interesting. The markings looked completely different on the pictures of aim. I will check that out. Thanks
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Lee-online wrote:

I was just going to say this. If you look at the AIM page and the pictures they have listed the last one under the main picture is a close-up of the left side of the rifle and shows the PW import mark and you can just make out the last part of the Tulsky laser etching on the rear sight base.
Last edited by WeldonHunter on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Yeah you are right. Well I spose Ill save $30 and order one from Classic. Lol

Or maybe Ill just order my AK first. Who knows. I appreciate all the input guys.
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Here is a good thread, plenty of info and pics.

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.c ... it=+sniper
Kollaa kestää
TrippinBilly

Post by TrippinBilly »

I purchased a Molot sniper from Classic and sent it back. The cut out on the stock for the score mount looked like a 10 year old did it (crooked) and the cut was so fresh it still had the sawdust coming off it. The scope was very corroded. I knew they were recent 'refurbs' but I just wasn't pleased. And the Molot markings are horrendous.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

TrippinBilly wrote:I purchased a Molot sniper from Classic and sent it back. The cut out on the stock for the score mount looked like a 10 year old did it (crooked) and the cut was so fresh it still had the sawdust coming off it. The scope was very corroded. I knew they were recent 'refurbs' but I just wasn't pleased. And the Molot markings are horrendous.
I sure would love to have seen a photo of that.

Dolk
TrippinBilly

Post by TrippinBilly »

I wish I would have thought to take a picture, but I guess I was so disappointed. I've been pretty happy with Classic for other firearms I've purchased through them, though.
Vendetta

Post by Vendetta »

Ive seen pictures of other Molots with VERY fresh cuts for scope mounts. They dont even take the time to coat the notch. Its freshly exposed wood.
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Classic and AIM are buying the same rifles from the same importers. There really is not any difference in the rifles.