Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Judi is back, Musée de l'Armée, Cosacks, Mosins, SKS ?

Post by bunkysdad »

Judy? I knew a girl named Ju........sorry, I ain't gonna start that again. It has been a long time, but I knew it was gonna be, seeing as how the world is going to hell in a handbasket. I just might need to buy some AK mags, I have been needing a good excuse to get a AK47. :P
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Welcome back Judi :thumbsup:

Sounds like you may have snagged a Russian Tula, quite a few came in with the recent imports. Most typically had a mis-matched Chinese top cover.

But, if said SKS star stamp has a 1 stamped in the center of it :big shock: You may have lucked in to an NVA :Drool1: :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:

Well a little sleep, spend some time with my pups feeling fresh. Now need to find a gun show :brolleyes:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome home, :pointleft:

Gurn,...are you hiding Dave, can you flush out gurn for me. I know that work bench has not been touched ! :devil2:

Jim, looks like you been putting more rounds thru them Mosins then all of WW1 and WW2....deep ammo bunker ? :bwink:

AJ ....take the wife to the range, have her shoot a few rounds off. Once she gets hooked on then you won't have to be sneaking any into the house. She can start her collection. :)

Weldonhunter ....Nice to see you too :)

Hello Millman,.....I still like your hat, Don't let Chuck make fun of it. I think I will buy him one like that too :)

Rongo,...How have you been ? Wonder what you been sneaking into the house your not telling us about. :vcool:

Gsragtop,....I bet you been buying everything that Walt has not seen. Well I going to start following you now...yep ...She's back. :bwink:

Buckeyesgt....Hello, I swear, Chuck sounds just like John Wayne on the phone. As soon as I get in touch with Aim, lets set a afternoon for lunch, maybe a quick ride in my vomit comet :beek:

Tennessee_Mosin...Break out the Mosins and pass the ammo :thumbsup:

zeebill....I do get a little slap happy traveling between that many time zones, But I was so excited to get back to all of you. :brolleyes:

Russell,...Send your address, a box of AK-47 magazines are on me :)

:chain:
Greasemonkey....Do I have to black-bag you and this time keep you in the basement for information. Seems Gitmo will be empty soon, maybe I can start holding you guys there. :bwink:
Dolk....My loving ex-husband ( sort of we never finished the marriage ) anything new in the collection, I have your link to the web page I must look it up. We might have to meet in Vegas again :brolleyes:
JYD,....I bet right now your either looking at a can of spam, or some other "pressed meat" sandwhich. I would cook you a home made meal. But I prefer to order out as pizza is my favorite. Besides, no way getting into that vault of yours thru your tummy with food. I would send my brother by you telling him your looking for help to hire. He would expect a advance as his date would be waiting in the car. :)

Whew...I will be back, need to go to the post office and pick up four months of mail. :beek:

Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Don't ever let anyone tell you that you don't know how to make an entrance Judi. ;mywink;
Welcome home!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Bad news Judy. Jim has a brand new delicatessen opened up across the street and they are cooking up his meals these days. Ha!
Judi and her Mosins

bunkysdad wrote:Bad news Judy. Jim has a brand new delicatessen opened up across the street and they are cooking up his meals these days. Ha!

.Where is that Monty Python spam spoof when you need it ? I think we should demand that he post the menu from there. After all we would have to wait some 2,000 years before someone would discover the "vault". Would rival the opening of King Tuts tomb with discoverys. Judi and her Mosins ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The only thing not on the menu over there is Spam, they don't even have a single can of it in the store. No matter, I have enough of my own. If I remember in the morning I will try and take a picture of the menu, I might not get to it, I have to ship a number of things out in the morning, seems my eBay buyers have money again. They do have some real good onion rings, fresh made from real onions right there, good fries also, and curly fries. Had some broccoli there on Sunday that was very good, and they have bacon, but no pizza. Pizza is not hard to find, there are 4 Pizza joints within 1.5 miles of here, all of them good. Vault? What vault? There is no vault, nobody saw me loading up the vault, nothing can be proven. It's the slow season Judi, the only job I have for your brother is finding the other T top of the '88 Monty Carlo. He can start by looking in the car, it's 40 feet out, and 205 feet down in the water, should keep him busy for awhile.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Woo Hoo !!! :Welcome Home: dance5 Welcome back Judi !! I am glad that you are back safe and that the light at the end of your tunnel is shining brightly and getting closer... Post up some pics of your SKS. Sounds like you have one of the Ghosts that have been sold lately .. Ghost = A Russian SKS that made there way to China originally , then to Albania, then to the US market. Now what was that you said about AK mags??
Jim

paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

:welcome2: back Home :!: :USA Flag: :French:
1. M39 Finn, 7.62x54mm 1944 Sako
2. M38, 7.62x54mm 1943 Izhevsk
3. M44, 7.62x54 mm 1945 Izhevsk
4. SKS, Russian, 7.62x39mm 1951 Tula
5. SKS Chinese #26, 7.62x39mm
6. SKS Chinese #316, 7.62x39mm
7. M48, Yugoslav, Mauser 8x57mm
8. Air Rifle .22, Beeman RS2

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
gurn

Post by gurn »

Welcome back. Like GM said, sounds like a Tula SKS. 1956 Tula.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
Judi and her Mosins

gurn wrote:Welcome back. Like GM said, sounds like a Tula SKS. 1956 Tula.

gurn,...your Avatar keeps you from being black bagged, NOW...is that work bench cleaned. Pictures big brother :biggrin: pictures or do I have to tell the wife again on how much you been spending. :brolleyes: Judi and her Mosins ;mywink;
Dr. Seuss quote
cjsimoh

Post by cjsimoh »

Welcome back, Judi! I' might be in for some of those AK mags when you post them.
Remiel

Post by Remiel »

Welcome back Judi, I am also one of the new ones, I tend to lurk and read a lot, have fun with that sks, I am planning on getting one myself here in a few months.
Ironnewt

Post by Ironnewt »

Judi, glad you are back. Sorry you did not enjoy Baltimore, but then who does? I would have bought you lunch if I had known you were here.
Damn, I'll bet that's going to leave a mark! Probably hurt too!
"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms,
you know, like NASCAR drivers, so we could
identify their corporate sponsors."

"When I die, I want to be facing my enemies surrounded by their dead bodies and piles of spent brass"
"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

4095fanatic

Post by 4095fanatic »

Based on what you said the sks sounds like a Chinese "ghost gun". Made without the usual marks for distribution to the NVA/Vietcong. Whether this was because it was cheaper and faster or they wanted plausible deniability is up for debate.
Judi and her Mosins

Ironnewt wrote:Judi, glad you are back. Sorry you did not enjoy Baltimore, but then who does? I would have bought you lunch if I had known you were here.

A Lunch Ok that is a date :), Just do not run out on me like JYD leaving me with a $7.00 Happy Meal bill. Seems if spam is not on the menu off he goes. or I was not worth the $7.00 ? :P Judi and her Mosins ;mywink;
Dr. Seuss quote
entropy

Post by entropy »

Didya at least get the Hello Kitty Happy Meal toy, Judi? :wink: Glad to see you're back, missed your unique posts! :)
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh heck, I have been spelling Judi wrong. I have never known another girl named Judi, just Judy, as in Judge Judy. Hey wait a minute. This isn't judge Judy in disguise is it?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Happy meal? I remember them, but if I ordered it in MacDonald's the staff would panic, they know me well and I always order the Big Mac. A good number of the billions and billions served by that company is actually me :) Remember the .99 Big Mac promotion they ran a few years ago? I was buying them by the sack full.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Judi and her Mosins

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Happy meal? I remember them, but if I ordered it in MacDonald's the staff would panic, they know me well and I always order the Big Mac. A good number of the billions and billions served by that company is actually me :) Remember the .99 Big Mac promotion they ran a few years ago? I was buying them by the sack full.
You can hide those McD's they would degrade and just need to be warmed up ....So how many sackfuls would you say you can put away. We should have a contest on how many you can pack away in a hour. :thumbsup: Judi and her Mosins ;mywink;
Dr. Seuss quote