M27rv Gathering

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
airbornetrooper

M27rv Gathering

Post by airbornetrooper »

I visited a very good friend of mine several weeks ago and our M27rv's decided to come along.

His is in its original stock, complete w/ unit disk. Mine is in a unique, but by all accounts correct, improvised stock made from a cut down M91 stock spliced with an M27 butt toe. By the imprint of the tang, the two have been pared together for a very long time.

It was fun comparing the two. The M27rv's in general saw a good deal of hard use, and it shows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Author of The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka (For sale below)
The Finnish Mosin-Nagant
clayshooter2

Re: M27rv Gathering

Post by clayshooter2 »

Nice display AT! Which rear sight leaf is yours, and which one is your buddies?
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

I love the history behind the M27rv.
Very cool rifles that I hope to own but because of their rarity, probably never will.
Kollaa kestää
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

To me, the ultimate Finn. Very cool to see two side by side like that. Thanks... :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Oh heck yeah. I love the look of these. Those are serious business collector grade rifles.
martin08

Post by martin08 »

We're lucky to see this rare occurrence. Glad you had a camera!
No words of wisdom come to mind at this time....
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Very cool :BBQ: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

A most excellent post.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
airbornetrooper

Post by airbornetrooper »

clayshooter2 wrote:Nice display AT! Which rear sight leaf is yours, and which one is your buddies?
Clay, mine has the M27 rear sight. From everything I've seen, the base Konovalov is occasionally encountered on M27's and M27rv's. It is correct.

M27rv's don't seem to have had any rearsenaling done to them post WWII, which is great because I enjoy the worn patina on rifles a lot more.
Author of The Finnish Mosin-Nagant: Three Line Rifle to Ukko Pekka (For sale below)
The Finnish Mosin-Nagant
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Nice to see two RVs side by side. Don't see that too often. :Drool1:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
gurn

Post by gurn »

Very cool to see two together. Now if we could just see a pairing of 91 rv's too.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

:vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :thumbsup: