Which affordable C&R pistols do I need?

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
Capybara

Which affordable C&R pistols do I need?

Post by Capybara »

I will be attending the Phoenix Gun Show December 5-7. My gun safe is actually way beyond capacity, so I won't be looking for any long guns as I have nowhere to keep them, I know, first world problems.

I can make room for a few more affordable ($200.00 to $400.00 range, so probably no Lugers or 1911s) C&R pistols though.

Own
Walther P38
CZ50
CZ82
1895 Nagant
Radom P64
Romanian TTC

Looking For
CZ52
Star Model B
Astra M600
Russian or Polish Radom Tokarov
Any really good deal on a clean C&R S&W revolver
Colt 1903 Hammerless
Russian or E. German Makarov

What else should I add to the "Looking For" column that I might happen upon at the Phoenix Show? I reload so weird calibers are fine unless it is something that brass and projectiles are impossible to get a hold of, I would consider some obsolete calibers like 9x21mm, etc.

Thanks for any advice guys.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Which affordable C&R pistols do I need?

Post by bunkysdad »

I like your list. Any of the Tokarev firing pistols would be nice. I really enjoy the CZ52, and wish there was a lot more ammo available.
BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

CZ27
Sauer 38H

Or something along those lines. Cheaper German marked ones are out there. Won't break the bank like a Luger.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

Thanks guys, good advice. I like my Romanian TTC so I have some ammo for it, but something about the retro futuristic lines of the CZ52 are appealing to me too, I love the way that pistol is designed.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Just FYI. I just ordered a Polish Tokarev from SOG. They and I are both from Ohio, so I have to pay sales tax. But for hand picked, it is $299 out the door. Out the door, because I am picking it up from their shop.
Maybe that will give you a benchmark to shoot for.
You know, now that you said you are not looking for any long rifles, the place will be filled with them.
Good luck.
Cat
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

Polish P83 Wanad, it's not C&R, but should be.. :roll: :D

A PPS-43c, :thumbsup: according to ATF it's a pistol, it's a pistol with an option, pay the tax stamp and you can have a short barrel rifle. Sadly not C&R either :vsad:

Along with all the ones mentioned earlier, Mauser Model 1910 and 1914 pocket pistols are nice, and they are C&R. :thumbsup:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
Capybara

Post by Capybara »

I bought my CZ50 and P64 from SOG, they usually have decent deals.

It's a shame too because there are more rifles I would like, like a really clean Persian Mauser, a Steyr Mannlicher M1895 and a few other holes in my collection but I literally have no place to store them. No place to put another safe and the existing large safe is full.
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Smith and Wesson Victory
Colt Commando
Webley
Enfield No2 Mk1
Jim

Capybara

Post by Capybara »

ffeng31 wrote:Smith and Wesson Victory
Colt Commando
Webley
Enfield No2 Mk1
The question is, can I buy any of these for $400.00 or under?
websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

CZ-82!!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Capybara wrote:
ffeng31 wrote:Smith and Wesson Victory
Colt Commando
Webley
Enfield No2 Mk1
The question is, can I buy any of these for $400.00 or under?

Yes you can. The Enfield and the Webley can typically be had under the $400 mark. The Colt and the Victory are available in that range as well , it will just take a bit of looking and some patience.
Jim

ParrotHead

Post by ParrotHead »

CZ82...the smoothest, most buttery trigger ever.

1942 VKT M39 [1905]
1944 Tikka 91/30 [1915]
1940 Tikka M91 [1897]
1940 Tula [SA] 91/30
1935 Tula 91/30
1937 Tula 91/30
1928 5 line ex-Dragoon
1939 Izhevsk 91/30
1942 Izhevsk 91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
Eddystone M1917 Enfield
1943 Shirley Enfield No 4 MK 1
1939 ERMA K98k
1944 Swiss K-31
1939 M1895 Nagant
CZ82

websterz
Forum Advertiser
Forum Advertiser

Post by websterz »

ParrotHead wrote:CZ82...the smoothest, most buttery trigger ever.
You know it!!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the night. Set a man ON fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

http://www.okiegauges.com

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
-Psalm 144:1
Jolly Green Chopper

Post by Jolly Green Chopper »

C&R for Capybara,I noticed you were on line so I thought I add my 2 cents worth by asking a question or two. What will you be doing with this C&R and what did you like when you had a chance to try it?I know you said C&R but I can't say enough good things about the model 22 gen. 3 Glock for reliable personal protection I have three different 40cal. Glocks and the police trade model 22 for $349 is worth getting someone with a FFL to order you one on line. They are usually in good shape if you kick in the extra $10.00 bucks for hand pick. They will Take it back, you just have to pay shipping.I bought two CZ82 9X18 and Two thousand rounds from AIM when they had a sale on them at @2 for $209.00.They are in demand now so look around and always pay extra for the hand pick at $10.00. That will give you something to look forward too and not hesitate to send back ,if not fully satisfied. The ammo is in three regular types Brown Bear ,FMJ Target at the bottom price: Silver Bear FMJ in the middle and Silver Bear JHP on top . Get some for target practice and some for personal protection. They do offer a hotter JHP brass self defense 9X18 95 gr. called Buffalo Bore(1125 F.P.S./M.E.267 ft. lbs.) rated +P and 115gr. Hard Cast FN 1000 F.P.S./255ft. lbs. 20 rounds to a box from WWW.buffalobore.com. I like the JHP 95gr.+P; feels like a regular 9X19. I also have a P64 but only carry it when i really need something light. Get the replacement springs. You get the choices and they are a cheap way to improve the very stiff double action trigger,(did I say very stiff?)CZ82 has 12 Rounds per Mag. The 64 at 6 rounds is a negative. No wonder they replaced it.Good luck, :thumbsup: JGC
finloq

Post by finloq »

Greasemonkey wrote:Polish P83 Wanad, it's not C&R, but should be.. :roll: :D

A PPS-43c, :thumbsup: according to ATF it's a pistol, it's a pistol with an option, pay the tax stamp and you can have a short barrel rifle. Sadly not C&R either :vsad:

Along with all the ones mentioned earlier, Mauser Model 1910 and 1914 pocket pistols are nice, and they are C&R. :thumbsup:
Agreed. The 1914 is a well made little oddball.
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
entropy

Post by entropy »

Colt M1908. Usually a bit more than $400, though. I kick myself for selling the one I had. :vsad:
"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." -Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Murphy was an optimist.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects - Robert A. Heinlien