mojo sights on m39

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jonnyboy091373

mojo sights on m39

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

First off, let me start by saying I am not a salesman or employed by mojo sights. This is just a review as to how they worked on my Finnish m39.
I had been toying with the idea of getting these sights for about a year now, and finally saved up the ~=$100 for the sights and the aperture pack. The front snap sight was easy to install, but the rear sight was a bit of a fight. Needless to say, I put both sights in, as well as the smaller peep inserts.
I took it out to the range to sight it in today at 50 yards. The rear sight was set as low as it would go, but still shot 1.5-2 inches high. Makes me think it would be perfect for 100 yards with only minor adjustment, if any.
The small peep sights did make it slightly hard to see the target, but I was shooting quarter sized five shot groups after practice and fully sighting in and knowing where to hold.
All in all, these sights are great in my opinion, and we'll worth the money. Plus, the old sights can be put back in just as easily as they were taken out.
Hope this helps.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: mojo sights on m39

Post by bunkysdad »

I have looked at the Mojo sights for the Ruger 10/22 and like them. I just like aperture sights, but have not looked at the non-altering Mosin sights.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Modified triggers, sights, and stuff like that used to excite me when I was younger and honestly I tried quite a few of them and spent more money than I probably should have. I have not bought or looked too hard at any of that stuff for many years now because I discovered a great secret that any body can do with the same success I have had. It is called practice and getting used to the gun and ammo. I have found it works just as good as anything you pay more money for that could go to another Milsurp instead. To each their own I guess? Bill :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I get tickled when some guy shows up with a new rifle and starts shooting and immediately starts jacking with the sights. Hitting 8 inches off. Must be the gun. Yeah, right.
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Ouch, I can feel the burn from here, lol. I know the sights are not needed, but they are a fun change of pace, and I thought others who were interested in buying them would like some more info.
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

To reiterate what others have said, practice is the most important key to good marksmanship. Practice the fundamentals, keep your equipment in top shape, as well as yourself. Doing this will make sure no matter what rifle you are shooting, you'll be able to get top performance out of it.