Any one know about these

Everything shotgun discussed here.
jeremyb

Any one know about these

Post by jeremyb »

How old, or any details? What's it worth ?

Thanks
ImageImageImageImage
jeremyb

Re: Any one know about these

Post by jeremyb »

It's a miroku Charles daly
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

70's would be my guess, don't know what they are going for, lurk around on GB and see if any are selling.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Thank you. I'm surprised to see a shot gun from Japan coming here after WW2
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Lots of guns come from Japan even today.

Best bet is to look this up on GB.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
polymerase2

Post by polymerase2 »

I have one of those. Not sure of the current price, bought mine from a friend 8 or 9 years ago. It was a family piece that came from a relative. If I remember right it is a field grade with a full choke over a modified. It was NIB with the case and I paid somewhere around $650 which was the good friend price.
A little history. BC Miroko makes a lot of different grades and made guns for other manufacturers, like the Browning Citori. It is a nice well made shotgun.

Some good info

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_in ... rings.html
We have met the enemy and he is us.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hey, we have one too. It was my dad's and has harvested a lot of doves. My brother keeps it in his safe and I borrow it whenever I want. Ours has less engraving than this one. Miroku obviously does it right, as this shotgun just flat out shoots. I love it.
tpsharp

Post by tpsharp »

If you look on top of the ejection lever you can see a MUM, I think it's a Huglu made in Turkey. Huglu sold out and now it's CZ USA. I have one call the Wing Shooter. If you measure the barrel the length will be 27 1/2" Of course I could be wrong. I have 4 over/under shoot guns and shoot a lot of skeet.
tpsharp

Post by tpsharp »

OK after taken another look it's not a Huglu. I WAS WRONG SO PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME! They make Browning Shotguns Now. My Browning Citori is made in Japan.
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

tpsharp wrote:OK after taken another look it's not a Huglu. I WAS WRONG SO PLEASE DON'T BEAT ME! They make Browning Shotguns Now. My Browning Citori is made in Japan.
LMAO!! That's ok no beatings will be given. I don't know much about these besides the little research I did for a friend. It's been a while but he has some sort of Charles Daly shotgun that something broke on and wanted to know if I could find the part or if I knew about them. I told him I'd never seen one but research showed the part that broke was a common part to break. It had broken on his before. Might have been the ejector but I forget. What I ran into at the time was it was a gun made in Turkey and there was no replacement part available that I could find. Maybe that's changed now because I'm seeing more of these around. Turkey makes a lot of firearms under contract for other companies.
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

I really would love to find and afford one of the new Winchester Model 94 rifles made by Miroku since 2011. Miroku has been putting out some quality firearms over the years. I would venture to say that almost none of them are intended for Japanese domestic ownership. Most, if not all are headed for the U.S.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/winchester_94 ... _38-55.htm