Russian Import Ban

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
K-9

Re: Russian Import Ban

Post by K-9 »

I always had Saiga on my 'list' of stuff I wanted. I did get one Saiga at pre-panic prices. Just a plain jane 7.62x39 AK47.

In another reality, I would have loved to have bought the .223 and a 7.62x54R Saiga. And a Saigia 12. They were always too pricey for me.

Either they will never be imported again, or there will be a glut of them showing up at low prices a few months after they are unbanned.

I am more concerned about the fake panic over ammunition right now. Molot VEPR 12 magazines selling for about $200 on Ebay and GB right now. Russian rifles sold out or selling out at panic prices. I am reading about ammo panic buying in stores, but ammo import hasn't been officially banned.
john_the_plinker

Post by john_the_plinker »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:I think that there has been a colossal clusterfuck over there today of horrendous proportions that will only make everything far worse, hundreds dead, civilian commercial airliner that was not Ukrainian or Russian in a million pieces for all the world to see. This is an act of degenerates, no matter who they are, and now they have killed outsiders who had no possible involvement in their squabble. There will be repercussions from this and cutting off firearms imports will be the least of them.
Well said JYD. This action seems to have solidified the Western world's opinion against putin, russia, and the separatists. After seeing that statement putin made today about it not happening if the Ukrainians hadn't started the crackdown on the separatists, I think somebody needs to remind the hypocritical bastard about Chechnya.
I have decided to boycott all russian products, firearms, ammo, etc. for the time being. I had been planning on downsizing my Soviet collection, but now I'm giving serious consideration getting rid of everything made in or from the soviet union or russia.

Lack of capitalization is deliberate.
InOmaha

Post by InOmaha »

I assume whatsoever comes out of a politicians mouth is some form of lie. So this is an Obama/Boehner ban to put pressure on Moscow. A few would like to drop a bomb but that's because they are stupid.

I picked up 2400 rounds of 7.62 x 54r because I thought this stuff might blow up. But it might blow over or other sourses open up. Who knows. A lift of the Chinese ban would cure all.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

john_the_plinker wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:I think that there has been a colossal clusterfuck over there today of horrendous proportions that will only make everything far worse, hundreds dead, civilian commercial airliner that was not Ukrainian or Russian in a million pieces for all the world to see. This is an act of degenerates, no matter who they are, and now they have killed outsiders who had no possible involvement in their squabble. There will be repercussions from this and cutting off firearms imports will be the least of them.
Well said JYD. This action seems to have solidified the Western world's opinion against putin, russia, and the separatists. After seeing that statement putin made today about it not happening if the Ukrainians hadn't started the crackdown on the separatists, I think somebody needs to remind the hypocritical bastard about Chechnya.
I have decided to boycott all russian products, firearms, ammo, etc. for the time being. I had been planning on downsizing my Soviet collection, but now I'm giving serious consideration getting rid of everything made in or from the soviet union or russia.

Lack of capitalization is deliberate.
Russia yes, but not the Soviet stuff, we won the Cold War and that stuff is our trophy's, I am not giving the Soviets their toys back.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Rongo wrote:I Guess that plan on getting a .223 caliber Siaga just went down the crapper... :angry4:
If you can find one already here you can still buy it.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
djbuck1

Post by djbuck1 »

They (Saigas) are available at the Hamburg, PA Cabela's for $720. I have no idea what kind of a price that is, but I am sure it's no bargain. I saw two on the rack.

M91/30s are still $200 with a poor selection. At that price, they're not moving.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:
Rongo wrote:I Guess that plan on getting a .223 caliber Siaga just went down the crapper... :angry4:
If you can find one already here you can still buy it.
I'm sure I can... For a much inflated price. :roll:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

I just seen this petition to remove the sanctions against Russia. I don't really thing the gubment gives a single rat's fart box what nut jobs like you and I think, but it cant hurt and I signed it anyway. Here is a link to the petition if you are so inclined to sign it.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/lift-imposed-sanctions-izhmash-kalashnikov-concern/HWHyZhdt
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
john_the_plinker

Post by john_the_plinker »

What a lot of people don't realize is that the firearms are just a small part of what the kalasnikov group makes. Cars, motorcycles, machinery, and plywood (we use their plywood at work) are just some of their other products.
mastercrasher

Post by mastercrasher »

I got my Saiga 12, 6 years ago. Maybe the import only applies to imports from Russia and there are other countries that can Import Russian products.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

mastercrasher wrote:I got my Saiga 12, 6 years ago. Maybe the import only applies to imports from Russia and there are other countries that can Import Russian products.
Who knows??? They could create another manufacturing facility in another country, mess with titles, business entities, license out production & such & build an American ready product.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Rongo wrote:
mastercrasher wrote:I got my Saiga 12, 6 years ago. Maybe the import only applies to imports from Russia and there are other countries that can Import Russian products.
Who knows??? They could create another manufacturing facility in another country, mess with titles, business entities, license out production & such & build an American ready product.
That didn't work out so well with the Russian SKS. No imports means no imports. All they have to do is say so.

Canada still gets cheap SKSs from Russia. What we have in the US is what has been here since the AWB and VRA.

It might be temporary. It might be the end of an era. Hug your Mosins!
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

I have a very close friend who lives in the Ukraine, specifically Popasnaya where the army just shelled a last week. What many don't realize is that the vast majority of people (regardless of which side the agree with) are living in absolute terror, can't go out, have no power and are living in their basements. It's very sad to see especially when you see history repeating itself once again in that area.
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

1. M39 Finn, 7.62x54mm 1944 Sako
2. M38, 7.62x54mm 1943 Izhevsk
3. M44, 7.62x54 mm 1945 Izhevsk
4. SKS, Russian, 7.62x39mm 1951 Tula
5. SKS Chinese #26, 7.62x39mm
6. SKS Chinese #316, 7.62x39mm
7. M48, Yugoslav, Mauser 8x57mm
8. Air Rifle .22, Beeman RS2

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Great video for a slow Saturday morning! I love this series (I assume its the Military History Channel series). :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

BubbaDX wrote:
Great video for a slow Saturday morning! I love this series (I assume its the Military History Channel series). :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was originally produced for Russian TV, all the text,graphics and maps are in Russian with English audio.....
7. M48, Yugoslav, Mauser 8x57mm
8. Air Rifle .22, Beeman RS2

Best Regards

Paul
USN Retired

Vietnam Veteran
K-9

Post by K-9 »

Thanks for that link!
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

guess ill have to wait to get a 12g saiga
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Just a short notice:
Maybe this Import-Banning-BS will have a side affect that I am looking for: A reaction of Izmash and Tula Works on the various attempts to get info and verification on info that I have been trying to get for over 18 months now. Loosing sales is and has always been a wake-up call for any business. So I will call and mail and email the departments that have the information for my project again under these circumstances......
This is an information for the guys that are waiting for my thesis on the "Red 9130 Rifles".
I am still working on it.
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
paul6892
ban
ban

Post by paul6892 »

:vcool: :!: :thumbsup: