The anticipation is gonna kill me...

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
ffeng31

The anticipation is gonna kill me...

Post by ffeng31 »

My brother in law , and fellow RMNF member NETNSHAWN , made a trip to the south store today and very graciously procured an M1 for me . Here are the teaser pics he sent to me. 42 dated Springfield with a 44 barrel. If I recall correctly , it has a muzzle of 2 and a throat of 3.5 I will most assuredly post more when I have it in my hands..
IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_9199.jpeg
IMG_7426.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ffeng31 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: The anticipation is gonna kill me...

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good BIL, you must trust him, I would want hands on a rifle I was going to drop over $600 on. He is taking a bit of a risk with the straw man sale part, procuring a rifle on his background check and turning it over to another, but at least he's keeping it in the family. nice looking rifle, let us know how it shoots.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

It will all be on the up and up.. we'll make sure all the notations are made in our books.. No worries insofar as trusting him goes. He knows way more than I do about the U.S. arms.
Jim

Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

ffeng31 wrote:It will all be on the up and up.. we'll make sure all the notations are made in our books.. No worries insofar as trusting him goes. He knows way more than I do about the U.S. arms.
If he screwed the pooch at least you know were to find him, right across the table at thanksgiving dinner :twisted:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
dou44

Post by dou44 »

you have to love a garand .one of the days you need to make the trip yourself. I went afew months ago and it was a blast to get to pick out the one you like :thumbsup:
Jbob

Post by Jbob »

I agree, I made the trip a year ago this week to the North store and went through every CMP Special they had out on the racks opening each bolt to read barrel dates. They all looked so perfect it came down to choosing which one had the best looking wood grain. Congrats on a nice rifle, hope he picked you up some surplus ammo while he was there too. I came home with 400 rounds thinking that would last me a life time.... :roll: Not so, I'm already reloading for the M1 after firing the surplus through my bolt rifles.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Well it arrived a few days ago and I am thrilled . I have not had a chance to start cleaning it yet but hope to in the next few days. I will take pics, before and after, and post them up for all to see. This one is so nice , and I have the fever so badly, that I have planned a trip in a few weeks to go pick one out myself. My paperwork is in and I am simply counting the days. The BIL that picked this one out for me is going as well. Should be an excellent trip..
Jim

Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

:chill:
Take two of these and call a doctor because.....damn!

Waiting is always the hard part! :thumbsup:

Dolk