Royal Tiger latest import Tulas for $550

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
bocephus

Royal Tiger latest import Tulas for $550

Post by bocephus »

Royal Tiger is selling PUs for $550. They don't offer much description but they're calling them "Tula marked receivers". It's my understanding that all the PUs in Royal Tigers current inventory is from the latest batch from Tulsvky or Tula Arms.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/shop.h ... d=35381245
uberjon

Re: Royal Tiger latest import Tulas for $550

Post by uberjon »

That seems like an insane deal that I nearly wanna go into debt for lol. These were 699 last week.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

I sure would like to see one of these. There seems to be an awful lot of snipers hitting our shores lately.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Titanium Hammer

Post by Titanium Hammer »

They've got 32 instock. Hand select is an additional $50. I agree with Longcolt, I would love to see one of these. Sure seems odd that just a month or two ago Classic stated that "these were the last of the snipers" and now the market seems to be flooded with new imports & the price continues to drop. It doesn't add up.
jonnyboy091373

Post by jonnyboy091373 »

Maybe a new salt mine has opened up. Or, the companies knew the market was about to be flooded, and created hype to sell what they had at a higher price.
pgaplayerless
ban
ban

Post by pgaplayerless »

Titanium Hammer wrote:They've got 32 instock. Hand select is an additional $50. I agree with Longcolt, I would love to see one of these. Sure seems odd that just a month or two ago Classic stated that "these were the last of the snipers" and now the market seems to be flooded with new imports & the price continues to drop. It doesn't add up.
Don't tell me that you fell for Classics used car salesman tactics they are so known for.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Longcolt44 wrote:I sure would like to see one of these. There seems to be an awful lot of snipers hitting our shores lately.
Agreed.
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Titanium Hammer

pgaplayerless wrote:
Titanium Hammer wrote:They've got 32 instock. Hand select is an additional $50. I agree with Longcolt, I would love to see one of these. Sure seems odd that just a month or two ago Classic stated that "these were the last of the snipers" and now the market seems to be flooded with new imports & the price continues to drop. It doesn't add up.
Don't tell me that you fell for Classics used car salesman tactics they are so known for.
No I did not PGA. :roll: I merely recited the line they used several months ago on their website which I though was funny at the time.
uberjon

Post by uberjon »

Royal Tiger has had these in stock since the time classic got theirs in but they started them off at 799.99 for their tulas and have been dropping them since. I've seen pictures of one posted on a facebook group(not one of the tulas but one of the izhevsk ones) and looked completely legit. Obviously IO was the importer but they looked the same as the classic ones.
pgaplayerless
ban
ban

Post by pgaplayerless »

Buy these with confidence. I might even buy several myself. Tossing around the idea. These are essentially Molot PUs just processed thru Tula Arms. They come from a different refurb depot/storage as none of these have the scope S/N renumbered on the shank, whether Izhevsk or Tula, like the Molots did.

There are little better buy from import marking messiness. Unlike AIM batch of current PUs, these are imported by IO inc which import marks their gun under the muzzle, not huge billboard on receiver like PW. Still not as good as the Molot exported PUs offered previously.
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

These latest Tulsky snipers are not esentially Molot snipers. Molot had nothing to do with them.
Titanium Hammer

dolk wrote:These latest Tulsky snipers are not esentially Molot snipers. Molot had nothing to do with them.
:pointup: +1
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

I'm assuming these have the laser etching on various areas much the same as the rest coming out of Russia? Maybe it will grow on me after a while... :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

It is nice to see that many of you are aware of the usual last ones around comments that are routinely used by any=body selling something for many years. If someone wants to spend $600 for a hand selected rifle which has little or no description Barnum was right. To each his own and if you are happy with what you have bought lately more power to you. I am so truly glad I am not having to buy much of what has been offered these last few years as I trust none of it. There are just too many things not accurately or completely described for my buying power to even think about kicking into action. Royal Tiger, Classic, and so many others these days are just too much like the afore mentioned used car salesman and it turns me off and sends alarms in my brain buzzing away. I just don't need what they are selling and I am sooo glad of that. Bill :o
pgaplayerless
ban
ban

Post by pgaplayerless »

dolk wrote:These latest Tulsky snipers are not esentially Molot snipers. Molot had nothing to do with them.
Tulsky is Molot 2.0. Another private company that functions as exporter that "coverts" these legally to be "hunting rifles" and then offer them for sale to final destination importers.
pgaplayerless
ban
ban

Post by pgaplayerless »

Rongo wrote:I'm assuming these have the laser etching on various areas much the same as the rest coming out of Russia? Maybe it will grow on me after a while... :wink:
Yes, unfortunately. These Tulsky imported guns have them in the worst places of all the "hunting" PUs recently imported. Wish Group West was still importing these, they somehow got Molot to hide the import marks under the handguard.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

pgaplayerless wrote:
Tulsky is Molot 2.0. Another private company that functions as exporter that "coverts" these legally to be "hunting rifles" and then offer them for sale to final destination importers.
Any info to legitimize their illegitimacy? I'm curious is all....

"Dang that entropy"
pgaplayerless
ban
ban

Post by pgaplayerless »

Rongo wrote:
pgaplayerless wrote:
They have to conform to the commercial firearms requirements to be exportable. Molot/Tulsky seems to commonized this "conversion" process for global exports. Since these PU, M38, M44s, etc are sold both in US and various places in Europe, they all got brought up to spec for the toughest requirements (Those in Europe) so they do not have "US only stock" vs "Europe only stock". The various silly proofs, model name, "made in Russia" laser etched onto the gun along with the "owner's manual" are all part of this "commercialization".

These Molot PU's actually first appeared on sale in Germany/Italy where owners posted them online and only later in US.

Molot did/does have two types of owner's manuals. One in all English and one in all Cyrillic so they are selling these both in Russian and non-Russian countries where English is taken as international language.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

pgaplayerless wrote:
Rongo wrote:
pgaplayerless wrote:
They have to conform to the commercial firearms requirements to be exportable. Molot/Tulsky seems to commonized this "conversion" process for global exports. Since these PU, M38, M44s, etc are sold both in US and various places in Europe, they all got brought up to spec for the toughest requirements (Those in Europe) so they do not have "US only stock" vs "Europe only stock". The various silly proofs, model name, "made in Russia" laser etched onto the gun along with the "owner's manual" are all part of this "commercialization".
Again... More info we already know. Dolk only stated that Tulsky was not affiliated with Molot; Much the same as Pepsi is not affiliated with Coca-Cola. They both make soda-pop just as Molot/Tulsky process Hunting rifles Globally from Russia. I'm interested to hear more about these Tulsky products & I ask once again; Any NEW Info on these????

"Dang that entropy"
Darryl
Sniper Expert
Sniper Expert

Post by Darryl »

pgaplayerless wrote:
Again, Tulsky snipers have nothing to do with Molot.......nothing.

2.0 would indicate they are somehow connected to Molot. They are not. No more then the Early Century imports.

Why do you always try to connect everything to Molot snipers. For me it is like trying to compare all Mausers to a Mitchell's Mauser. They all were handled differently.

Personaly, I getting tired of having to deal with Molot crap everytime someone get one of these new Tulsky snipers. If you want to talk about your Molot snipers fine....start a thread and see if any one want to discuss it. Stop thread crapping all the Tulsky sniper threads. :roll:

Back on topic,
These new snipers apear to be in the same configuration as the early Century, RGUNS, and other known snipers. At this price I think that makes them very interesting. I'd think the collectors will be comfortable with these new Tulsky snipers.

Dolk