New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
JDH88

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by JDH88 »

Hello, John here.

Hope to be a new Mosin owner soon. Came here for tips, photos, what's a deal and what's not, and all around more knowledge about this fine rifle.

Had my first encounter shopping earlier this week at my local gun shop, and came across two 1943 Mosin's - both for $180 each. Decided to hold off and not buy the first thing I find.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you...
graydog

Post by graydog »

Hello everyone. I have three Mosin Nagant rifles and after lurking a few days decided to join the group. Have several questions but will search the boards first to see if I can find answers there. Thanks,
By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

JDH88 wrote:Hello, John here.

Hope to be a new Mosin owner soon. Came here for tips, photos, what's a deal and what's not, and all around more knowledge about this fine rifle.

Had my first encounter shopping earlier this week at my local gun shop, and came across two 1943 Mosin's - both for $180 each. Decided to hold off and not buy the first thing I find.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you...
Welcome to the board, 1943 date 91/30's are pretty common owing to the huge wartime production during that year, it's also a date every Mosin collection should have, that was the year the Soviets turned it around and started the long walk to Berlin. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

graydog wrote:Hello everyone. I have three Mosin Nagant rifles and after lurking a few days decided to join the group. Have several questions but will search the boards first to see if I can find answers there. Thanks,
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mptaylor

Post by mptaylor »

Hello! I'm very pleased to join this forum. I bought 3 Mosin Nagants, one for me and for each of my son's. We made our selections Christmas day 2013. I've encouraged my sons to preserve them as collectibles.
mptaylor

chamber brush

Post by mptaylor »

What is the best chamber brush for 91/30? I've been searching the Internet, ebay, amazon, Brownell's, Midway . . . The 7.62 38 seems too small for the 54r chamber. Does any manufacturer make a brush for the 7.62 54?
sigman2

Post by sigman2 »

Hello, sigman2 from North Alabama here. Originally from Metairie, Louisiana I moved to Alabama after Hurricane Katrina. I am a shooter, collector, reloader and fisherman. My main interests in collecting are WWII weapons and militaria. I have a couple of M91/30s.
mptaylor

Post by mptaylor »

I'm glad to be here too.

Mack
akuser47

Post by akuser47 »

I have one 91/30 found this site thanks to tapatalk

akuser47's mobile device.
ImageLive free, or die fighting, for the right, to do so!
akuser47

Post by akuser47 »

New member checkin in i got my 1942 91/30 refurb for 50 dollars at fun show. Years ago.

ImageLive free, or die fighting, for the right, to do so!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

sigman2 wrote:Hello, sigman2 from North Alabama here. Originally from Metairie, Louisiana I moved to Alabama after Hurricane Katrina. I am a shooter, collector, reloader and fisherman. My main interests in collecting are WWII weapons and militaria. I have a couple of M91/30s.
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mptaylor wrote:I'm glad to be here too.

Mack
Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

akuser47 wrote:I have one 91/30 found this site thanks to tapatalk

Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

akuser47 wrote:New member checkin in i got my 1942 91/30 refurb for 50 dollars at fun show. Years ago.

$50 Mosins would indeed make that a fun show! I remember the days of inexpensive milsurps, the Happy Time.
Theodore Roosevelt
Ombre noire

New guy on board!

Post by Ombre noire »

Hi everyone

New guy on the forum, have been shooting MN for a few years, own a '37 Izhevsk (my wife put her hands on that one and she is not letting it go) and a '43 Tula sniper PU (she will not get this one) , both straight shooters. They are in their original condition but I do have a few brass and cork shims on the sniper, after looking on how Russians and Finns sharpshooters used to accurize their rifles during WWII era. No modern stuff, or parts, on these rifles, got to keep it real.
I shoot surplus ammo and reloads; not sure of the forum policy on reloads but it does help for LR accuracy and the '43 Tula sent some pills pretty far out.
Shooting with such rifles is a blast and we converted more than one "unbeliever", on how far these rifles can shoot accurately.
Looking forward to learn a few things on this forum, as well as sharing a few experiences.
Good shooting to all :thumbsup:
Carpe Diem
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"
RMT, TDM, 2eme DB.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New guy on board!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Ombre noire wrote:Hi everyone

New guy on the forum, have been shooting MN for a few years, own a '37 Izhevsk (my wife put her hands on that one and she is not letting it go) and a '43 Tula sniper PU (she will not get this one) , both straight shooters. They are in their original condition but I do have a few brass and cork shims on the sniper, after looking on how Russians and Finns sharpshooters used to accurize their rifles during WWII era. No modern stuff, or parts, on these rifles, got to keep it real.
I shoot surplus ammo and reloads; not sure of the forum policy on reloads but it does help for LR accuracy and the '43 Tula sent some pills pretty far out.
Shooting with such rifles is a blast and we converted more than one "unbeliever", on how far these rifles can shoot accurately.
Looking forward to learn a few things on this forum, as well as sharing a few experiences.
Good shooting to all :thumbsup:
Welcome to the board, we have a reloading forum here on the board :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
mptaylor

Post by mptaylor »

Hello Mosin collectors! Shot my son's retired sniper rifle, fun to shoot. :popgun:
dcar

Post by dcar »

hello all,
it`s my 1st entry of any kind on any forum - not very good,or fast at typing so please
bear with me. I`ve been a student of the gun for about 57 years though, so eventually
I hope I can share even a small portion of what firearms knowledge I still retain. Even more,
I enjoy learning about wartime history, and the small arms that were involved during those
conflicts.
tnx for letting me in , dcar
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

dcar wrote:hello all,
it`s my 1st entry of any kind on any forum - not very good,or fast at typing so please
bear with me. I`ve been a student of the gun for about 57 years though, so eventually
I hope I can share even a small portion of what firearms knowledge I still retain. Even more,
I enjoy learning about wartime history, and the small arms that were involved during those
conflicts.
tnx for letting me in , dcar
Welcome to the board, I am not much of a typist myself, this keyboard just isn't like my old Smith Corona typewriter. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
nick101

Post by nick101 »

Hello everyone! Just registered and wanted to say hello. I hope to both learn a lot here as well as pass on any of my own knowledge.