Day at the Range with Granddaughter

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
davesstuff1

Day at the Range with Granddaughter

Post by davesstuff1 »

Day at the Range with Granddaughter Sarah... Loves Mosin Nagants and is the best shot in our large Family... She is a 4.0 student at Mercer University and will become a Medical Doctor... Peach fingernails up her score by at least 10%...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by davesstuff1 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David M Gellatly
Savannah, GA. 31419
gellatlydave@yahoo.com
shoto2758

Re: Day at the Range with Granddaughter

Post by shoto2758 »

Wow impressive,stand up free style shooting ..
:thumbsup:
Looks like you had a good day..
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

Beautiful Granddaughter, nice rifle. You are doing an outstanding job on introducing the younger generation on the safe handling and enjoyment of firearms. :bwink: :thumbsup:

As soon as mine gets over her knee surgery there will be range time. 11 yoa is not too young for the proper tuteledge, as I was given my 1st shotgun at the age of 12 to go hunting with and w/out adult supervision. ;mywink;
BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Good deal! And I bet she didn't whine about it kicking too much either. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Excellent report. It looks like you better keep her stocked up on ammo and peach nail polish! :P
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:vcool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Right on,my grandson is only 5 so I have to wait a few years to take him out to the range. :wink:
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

shoto2758 wrote:Wow impressive,stand up free style shooting ..
That's the first thing I noticed. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I have shot any of my MNs free style yet.
Nice post.
Cat
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Good that you are teaching her how to properly handle a weapon, it's a shit world these kids will be inheriting, they better know how to take care of themselves :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
etprescottazusa91

Post by etprescottazusa91 »

"Fast is fine, But accuracy is everything" Wyatt Earp

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

catcracker wrote:
shoto2758 wrote:Wow impressive,stand up free style shooting ..
That's the first thing I noticed. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I have shot any of my MNs free style yet.
Nice post.
Cat
Sorry to be a dick, but she is shooting "offhand".
http://www.chuckhawks.com/rifle_offhand_position.htm
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Nice, keepin it in the family. I started my oldest grandson when he was 9 shooting my .22 handguns and my 10/22. Last Christmas I gave him his first rifle. An Ithaca model 49 single shot. He was a little sad when he opened it up and my 10/22 wasn't there.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Cosmoline guy

Post by Cosmoline guy »

I don't have any kids to teach proper handling of firearms. Maybe I can teach my nephew if he ever mellows out enough to listen
(he's 9 now). I learned when I was 6 with a Savage Model 63 single shot bolt action. I'm 46 now and I still have that little rifle.
I should take it out shooting but it is so small to handle since it was cut down to fit me when I was little.
TheMaineEvent

Post by TheMaineEvent »

Looks like a great time was had by all. So good to see that she's a fan of the sport. Does she have her own so she can teach fellow students/future colleagues?
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Longcolt44 wrote:Nice, keepin it in the family. I started my oldest grandson when he was 9 shooting my .22 handguns and my 10/22. Last Christmas I gave him his first rifle. An Ithaca model 24 single shot. He was a little sad when he opened it up and my 10/22 wasn't there.
He wouldn't be sad if he knew where that rifle came from. He'd be honored.

C. S. Lewis
jeremyb

Post by jeremyb »

Nice. My son started when he was 9.

bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hi Dave. Your granddaughter needs a good pair of fashionable safety glasses to protect her eyes from debris, unburned powder grains, etc.....
jimpierce7

Post by jimpierce7 »

Great photo set!! I bet my daughter would love to go shooting..............
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

bunkysdad wrote:Hi Dave. Your granddaughter needs a good pair of fashionable safety glasses to protect her eyes from debris, unburned powder grains, etc.....
Amen, X's 2. :attn:

Eye safety, and hearing protection are a prerequisite :bwink: