newby 1933 91/30 Izhevsk

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Gerry

Re: newby 1933 91/30 Izhevsk

Post by Gerry »

hey guys!....here is some funny awesome stuff....I went to our local state gameland shooting range this morning. As I was setting up I looked next door to see a real NICE set of 91/30....m44...Mosin beauties. After introductions this guy let me shoot his rifles!!! I put a nice 3" group at 50 yards and we talked for an hour or so. Nothing like expecting nothing and bumping into a fellow Mosin nut!

now...IF I can get my Mossburg .22....715t Tac to shoot where I'm looking?....life will be better!

seeya,
'
Gerry
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

HI guys!

Get em while you can!

We had a service call today not far from the Cabelas store where I got My 91/30 last week, and they were sold out! I thought MAYBE I would get lucky and get another Mosin on the cheap?....nope. They do have a nice Enfield, and a clean SKS, but no more Mosin'......and of course who knows when the next crate is going to be shipped!:)

Actually I'm glad to be working for myself, and my apprentice/ nephew loves just stopping in at Cabelas mid day to look around!.....I'm too easy on that boy! :)

Gerry
musketjon

Post by musketjon »

Gerry wrote: The trigger needs a little attention because it pulls the back of the bolt downward before releasing, and it is a little gritty
They all pull the back end of the bolt down to some degree. That's just the way they are.
Jon
tiberium51

Post by tiberium51 »

Anyone else notice that PW Arms seems to be the one that has the rifles with the red paint?

1942 - Izhevsk Red Letter /25\ 91/30 РВ4363 all matching including bayonet (my baby)
1940 - Izhevsk 91/30 (bubba got ahold of it, waiting to be rebuilt)
[] Front Sight
[x] Rear Sight
[] Stock
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

Yes, I did!

Also, all / most M44s are Molot and imported by PW Arms. They are no longer re-refurbished, just cleaned up and lightly oiled. Barrels always cleaned out and shiny.

Recently a big batch of 9130s emerged in the market imported by CAI, including excellent condition 40s and 41s. Just saw and handled an EX 41 Ishevsk today at my local.
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!