K-11 and K-31

All collectible military bolt rifles are discussed here. From all countries around the world.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
drabnor

K-11 and K-31

Post by drabnor »

Well my window of buying opportunity is quickly closing here in California. As of 1-1-14 we will no longer be able to order C&R long guns to our doorstep without also having a certificate of eligibility AND sending an extra $19 per long gun off to the CA DOJ to have them registered just like handguns are now. Either that, or they have to go to an 01 FFL which means paying shipping, tax, a fee to receive the item and DROS(background check) plus a 10 day wait :beek:

I refuse to register and I refuse to pay for the privilege of continuing to use my Federal Firearms License, so until I leave the state I'm done :angry4:

I've picked my last 4 rifles, K-11, K-31, M-39 and an M-38

K-11:
1918 in a walnut stock with matching bayo:

I will post pics of the handpicked, walnut stock K-31 when it gets here from AIM...

For pics of the M-39 and M-38, see my post in the Mosin forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17434
a few old Russian bolt actions
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Re: K-11 and K-31

Post by bunkysdad »

Well, I am glad you are getting them. You are choosing wisely. Those are all excellent rifles.
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

Very nice!
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :Drool1: :Drool1:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

glad to see you ordered from simpsons i liked them on my k11 i ordered
Jlr2267

Post by Jlr2267 »

Beautiful. Now you just need to get out of Cali
TulaTom

Post by TulaTom »

Congrats! Looks nice.
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

Way to end the year with a BANG so to speak. Great choices. Can't wait to see a heavily loaded picture thread here in the near future.

Cat
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

If all the good guys got out of California, who would stand up for California? Stand up and fight!
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

My K-11 showed up yesterday. Unfortunately no troop tag was to be found under the buttplate :vsad:

Here are the pictures of it:

BubbaDX

Post by BubbaDX »

Very nice! And I like that sling also. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." - Albert Camus
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Sweet :cool: :cool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

You don't have the solders tag, which is what I really wanted when I was getting one, that is true. But you have a bayonet which matches the rifle. Mine does not. So I think that is pretty impressive in itself. Great Pictures. You will have a blast shooting it.
:bravo: :bravo:
Cat
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

catcracker wrote:You don't have the solders tag, which is what I really wanted when I was getting one, that is true. But you have a bayonet which matches the rifle. Mine does not. So I think that is pretty impressive in itself. Great Pictures. You will have a blast shooting it.
:bravo: :bravo:
Cat
The matching bayo is what spoke to me. I'm hoping the k-31 that is coming next week has the troop tag. Unfortunately I'm broke after buying the rifles, so buying some gp-11 will probably have to wait until next year. :vsad:
NuJudge

Caution on GP11

Post by NuJudge »

On other forums, I read a lot of comments from California residents about steel jacketed and steel core ammo being banned at most ranges. GP11 is steel jacketed.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Steel core is banned here. Mostly because the sparks start fires. You can shoot outside of ranges with what ever you want though :thumbsup:
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

Where I shoot, steel jacket is ok, just not steel core.

The K-31 has arrived! But unfortunately no troop tag :( Made in 1940 according to AIM, pics tonight hopefully! It is very nice!
gurn

Post by gurn »

Beautiful Swiss rifles you have there. Seems a lot of Swiss rifles are showing up now without the tags. I wonder if someone is removing them now. Of the eleven K-31s I have only two were missing the tags. You ought to move here to TN. We are real gun friendly. :thumbsup:
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!