Nagant revolver.......OK I screwed up

All hand guns welcome and discussed here.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
berkmberk1

Nagant revolver.......OK I screwed up

Post by berkmberk1 »

Six or eight months ago, I could have gotten one or more Nagants from our local Gander Mountain for $110 each. I thought I'd wait.........BIG MISTAKE. Now, even the big distributors don't seem to have them. Were they all abducted by aliens? I can hardly find one on the auction sites! Amazing......the general concensus was they weren't worth bothering with. Can anyone steer me to a source.........perhaps one of you have one? I am C&R licensed. I would like at least ONE for my Finn/Sov collection.

Mike
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Armor, Cavalry, Infantry, Recruiting, Transportation
1st Cav, 4 ID, 8 ID, 82d Airborne
ffeng31

Re: Nagant revolver.......OK I screwed up

Post by ffeng31 »

I hear tell that Cabela's has some. Other than than that the only places you may find one right now are likely the auction sites.. I would be prepared to pay a bit more than the $110 you saw as most are in the $200-$225 range. I wouldnt wait any longer as I dont suppose well see too many more , if any, being imported.
Jim

WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

berkmberk1 wrote:Six or eight months ago, I could have gotten one or more Nagants from our local Gander Mountain for $110 each. I thought I'd wait.........BIG MISTAKE. Now, even the big distributors don't seem to have them. Were they all abducted by aliens? I can hardly find one on the auction sites! Amazing......the general concensus was they weren't worth bothering with. Can anyone steer me to a source.........perhaps one of you have one? I am C&R licensed. I would like at least ONE for my Finn/Sov collection.

Mike
Hey Mike, nice name, same as mine. Here ya go. A bit pricey but if you just have to have one. http://www.rguns.net/pistols/revolvers.shtml#Nagant1895
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

cabelas has tons of them and there 139 i think now but on sale i bought two for 129
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

Thanks for the leads. You're right ...Rguns is steep. As for Cabelas, I'm searching their site, but Nagants haven't shown up yet..........still trying.
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
Mike

Post by Mike »

Dan4good wrote:cabelas has tons of them and there 139 i think now but on sale i bought two for 129
Depends on where you are, my Cabelas is out and won't be getting any more.
1932 Izhevsk M91/30
1940 Tula M91/30
1941 Tula Nagant Revolver
1942 Tikka M91
1943 Izhevsk M91/30
1944 Izhevsk M44
1952 Polish M44
1954 Chinese T53
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

berkmberk1 wrote:Thanks for the leads. You're right ...Rguns is steep. As for Cabelas, I'm searching their site, but Nagants haven't shown up yet..........still trying.
Cabela's doesn't have them listed on the site. You just have to call the store nearest you to see if they have them.
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

OK got it. None real close though. Thanks. If you run across any ads from anyone else in the future, let me know, OK?
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

berkmberk1 wrote:OK got it. None real close though. Thanks. If you run across any ads from anyone else in the future, let me know, OK?
No problem. Look here http://gun-deals.com/index.php?dealtype ... 8&subcat=5 from time to time. When I find them they get listed there.
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

Cool site.........just what I need.....more Mosin Nagants too!!!
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Hi berk, welcome to the forum, and like you said that is a cool sight with up to date info on firearms, and ammo too. Weldonhunter does a great job on that sight. Good luck finding your revolver. Oh, and if you locate a non-refurb Nagant with the slightly worn blue used but not abused look, they really bring a premium, but would be worth the investment.
Thank you sir for your service.
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

Now that you mentioned it, I don't believe I've ever seen a "real" m1895, as in not refurbished. The ones I see are the overhauled ones. I guess the Russians didn't realize that exporting a small percentage in real life used condition might have made them some more money from collectors. I'll take one any way I can get it. Got a bid in on Gun Brokers.......we'll see.
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
catcracker

Post by catcracker »

I believe Axis Arms, see link above, has them in stock as well. He may be willing to give a board member a break. Worth a shot.
Cat
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

SoloMan wrote:
berkmberk1 wrote:Now that you mentioned it, I don't believe I've ever seen a "real" m1895, as in not refurbished. The ones I see are the overhauled ones. I guess the Russians didn't realize that exporting a small percentage in real life used condition might have made them some more money from collectors. I'll take one any way I can get it. Got a bid in on Gun Brokers.......we'll see.
I believe their first priority was preserving them and storing them should they ever need to be used in a future world war.

As the rifles were replaced with newer models, then they allowed them to be exported. Exportation was not their first priority, but being prepared for battle was, until the rifle's usefulness was no longer required, as technology advanced and the SKS and AK47 were adopted.

Most of these firearms were refurbed starting after WW2 up through the 70s during the cold war. They had no expectation they would be selling any of them to anyone. The reason we got the flood of the ones we got were because they were stored in the Ukraine which broke away from the Soviets after the cold war ended. Now it seems the Russian stores are being sold to us too via Molot.

Actually the reason these firearms were refurbed was to arm the poeple should we have decided to invade them. The irony is now we get to play with them. :D
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Southern Ohio Guns has some only available to licensed buyers.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

I might check them out.

I want to thank Dolk, whoever, and wherever you are, for the great lead. If all goes well Saturday, I should have Nagant, 7.62 x38R Nagant revolver 1927 . Comes with 342 rounds and with original holster plus cleaning rod and ammo box.Gun is in very good condition. $225! That works out to around $130 worth of ammo and a $95 pistol :D

Is this a great board, or what?
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

F2F off Armslist. I guess she had that and a P-38 for sale. When I emailed her last night, she said she had a buyer and a deposit already........just told her to keep me in mind in case something happened. Well, i tdid. The buyer couldn't come up with the cash for both, so he opted for the automatic. All I have to do is drive 10o miles.........
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

WOULD HAVE
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
berkmberk1

Post by berkmberk1 »

hit something by mistake. I was saying, WOULD HAVE been worth it. Apparently the woman I was dealing with thru email failed to tell Hubby I was going to buy it tomorrow. He went and sold it this morning :angry4:
SFC USA Ret.
1976-1998
gurn

Post by gurn »

Berk, pm sent
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!