What's With 91/30 Prices?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
shoto2758

Re: What's With 91/30 Prices?

Post by shoto2758 »

ahh..you sure your on the right forum?
"decided I really had no use for a 91/30"
" can't think of any reason to own a Garand!!"
:vconfused:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Me neither!
jaytex1969

Post by jaytex1969 »

Gander Mountain recently opened a store near me. I went to find ammo deals.

I was surprised to see the 91/30's priced at $179 and thought them overpriced.

They reeled me in anyway, as the last one they showed me was the '27 ex Dragoon I recently added.

Refurb matched with great bore, I still was thinking it was a bit high, but I wanted it, and desire wipes out considerable reserves of common sense sometimes....
BOHICA
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

JYD has said it many times. The history of military surplus firearms prices indicates the higher price you believe you paid today will end up being a good deal in the future. I only regret that my financial situation dictates that I am in a Mosin holding pattern, stopped at 20.
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Got a new Gander Mountain near me too. Jaytex, where are you? In Texas? I'm closest to the Mesquite Store. They sent out a Black Friday sales email flyer. They are going to have Mosins for 129.95 after a 20 dollar mail in rebate. I hate rebates.
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

Ah. Now I want an M1..

So, being a newbie, and having the green light to ask all the dumb questions I can think of (Thank you!), I am scoping out a 1927 Izhevsk Hex. Haven't had a chance to look at it outside of a couple of photos.. Would have to take a couple hour drive to meet the seller, who is asking 225 dollars.. I have been a terrible bargainer/haggler my whole life. Any tips? I gather 225 is too much? What would you guys do?
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Chiroptile wrote:Ah. Now I want an M1..

So, being a newbie, and having the green light to ask all the dumb questions I can think of (Thank you!), I am scoping out a 1927 Izhevsk Hex. Haven't had a chance to look at it outside of a couple of photos.. Would have to take a couple hour drive to meet the seller, who is asking 225 dollars.. I have been a terrible bargainer/haggler my whole life. Any tips? I gather 225 is too much? What would you guys do?

First things first. Get an M1 Garand and a Carbine. Especially the Garand. To your other question depending on what the 1927 Izhevsk Hex is, that is a bit high though. If you have pictures it might be better to start a thread and post what pictures you have of it. You'll get more responses if it's in it's own thread.
jaytex1969

Post by jaytex1969 »

Bunky's Dad,

I am in Austin and one opened months ago in Round Rock, just north of me.
BOHICA
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

WeldonHunter wrote:
Chiroptile wrote:Ah. Now I want an M1..

First things first. Get an M1 Garand and a Carbine. Especially the Garand. To your other question depending on what the 1927 Izhevsk Hex is, that is a bit high though. If you have pictures it might be better to start a thread and post what pictures you have of it. You'll get more responses if it's in it's own thread.

thank you, I'll try that
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

All the Chain Stores like BIG 5 etc are going to do something for Black Friday, as usual, depending on their inventory and/or event planning. Same would apply to the Internet Guys, I assume. Found and bought a 1944 M44 lately for $179 in a good to VG condition, VG barrel usage nicks in the wood. But she shoots like my best 9130!!

If you can see what you are buying , that makes a buy easier. But a normal 9130 over $ 200 should be RED, 2MO and an ex-sniper........

I believe that after the last shortage the suppliers from Ex-Ussr decided to throw the remaining inventory on the market to be done with the item...we'll see.
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

bunkysdad wrote:Got a new Gander Mountain near me too. Jaytex, where are you? In Texas? I'm closest to the Mesquite Store. They sent out a Black Friday sales email flyer. They are going to have Mosins for 129.95 after a 20 dollar mail in rebate. I hate rebates.
I can just go to Fleet Farm & get one for $139. Like I need another 91/30... :roll:

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Chiroptile

Post by Chiroptile »

Oh wow.. Do they all get shot?
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Chiroptile wrote:Oh wow.. Do they all get shot?
Most have made it to the range with me at some point...
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

For a face to face sale you don't have to pay shipping, transfer fee, or tax. Even if it sounds too high, it really isn't that much too high for a ex-dragoon 27 date in my opinion. Not if it is nice. I've driven an hour or 2 to get bbq, or go swimming, so I would dang sure do it for a Mosin.
musketjon

Post by musketjon »

Conman37 wrote:I just can't think of any reason to own a Garand!!
Shoot one some time and you'll see why you should own one (or two, or three). I have 4, 2 SA's, an HRA and a tractor. Wouldn't part with any of them for love or money. One of the SA's is my "one per lifetime" from the DCM, back in the good ol' days.
Jon
Gunowner99

Post by Gunowner99 »

Rongo wrote:
bunkysdad wrote:Got a new Gander Mountain near me too. Jaytex, where are you? In Texas? I'm closest to the Mesquite Store. They sent out a Black Friday sales email flyer. They are going to have Mosins for 129.95 after a 20 dollar mail in rebate. I hate rebates.
I can just go to Fleet Farm & get one for $139. Like I need another 91/30... :roll:

That is a great photo!
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

:pointup: awesome photo very cool ron
derville

Post by derville »

I just picked a 91/30 1938 Izhevsk round receiver some numbers are electro pencil all match and counter bored refurb good rifling great wood. Price 139 in Northern WI
Fleet Farm.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

derville wrote:I just picked a 91/30 1938 Izhevsk round receiver some numbers are electro pencil all match and counter bored refurb good rifling great wood. Price 139 in Northern WI
Fleet Farm.
Good old Fleet Farm. Found many Mosins there over the years that came home with me. :vcool: :vcool:

"Dang that entropy"
vintovka1

Post by vintovka1 »

Prices are going up due to inflation. Many correctly feel dollars are losing value fast and tangible stuff (that also can be used for its intended purpose) is better than cash. K98s are out sight and any MN may follow soon.