Yet another gun show report

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
mosinjunkie

Yet another gun show report

Post by mosinjunkie »

Small show in western NC. I was pleased to see a few almost normal prices on most anything gun related. Lots of ammo and reloading supplies available again too.

Plenty of milsurps around. Enfields, Garands, Carcanos, Arisikas, Mausers, Lugers, etc. ... at reasonable prices too, but only one dealer had any Mosins. He had two or three crates of refurbs, and he had cherry picked them. All the common late dates were $179 a pop. He had the hexes, Tulas, MO's, and ex-snipers separate... and priced considerably higher. Didn't look like they were selling.
The gun control nuts are talking to your lawmakers! AS A GUN OWNER, YOU SHOULD BE TOO!
Tcmosin

Re: Yet another gun show report

Post by Tcmosin »

Was at a gun show here in Northern Michigan, lots of ammo and brass, prices are still a little high though. Only saw 3 Mosin's, a 91, m44 Hungarian-bore pitted real bad and rusted on the outside, and a chopped up scrubbed something-I do think it was a Finnish rifle, could make out a SA on the left side of the receiver.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Did you at least get some mystery meat jerky?
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
mosinjunkie

Post by mosinjunkie »

No, but I did finally get fully restocked on reloading stuff. And I got a free laser/bore light.
The gun control nuts are talking to your lawmakers! AS A GUN OWNER, YOU SHOULD BE TOO!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: better than the nothing I tend to get.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Judi and her Mosins

Post by Judi and her Mosins »

:soapbox:
I was going to, two shows today going go to one other Sunday. Exciting right Judi big day out. Hurry and play with pups. Star Trek and D list 1950 movie night. Order pizza, and see what I bought ? :beek: :big shock:

I must have had my mean look on today. I was entering and I was stopped by a nice Sheriff ( Doug) and informed that I needed my pistol checked. I assured him it was ok, I just shot it Monday. He then asked if I was selling it. I told him No.

He then asked if it was loaded. I told him politely that carrying a unloaded gun was foolish. Then he asked if I seen the signs "No loaded Guns". I informed him that I did indeed, But however, this was not a sale gun and it won't be coming out of the holster for show and tell.

He told me; that does not matter no loaded pistols, you cannot have a magazine in the pistol. I realized that now I traveled out of state. As the two shows I been going to know me and do not ask. I kind of looked around and told him I was going to get my ID for him. I showed him my work ID. He gave me the :big shock: look and then asked me, I did not know you carry Hi-Points. I told him only when I can, smiled and entered.

I had a good time, wish I stopped at the bank thou and taken a little more cash with me. Found :brolleyes: some cans of 54r ammo. Yellow ball bought them all. Some other 54r ammo, I will need help ID'ing very old boxes. Then I found surprise some more 54r ammo :thumbsup: this was I think the best. He had a whole wood crate full of lose mixed 54r ammo. I offered to buy it all, if he would help me to my car with it. ( left my little wagon at home) Well, it was .12 cents round, I filled up a few bags. I looked at him and he asked me if I was counting, and told me not to have the magazine in your pistol they will get on you.

I said; I was not counting he could count them. I then offered him $20.00 . For the three bags. He took it. The bags are heavy, all diffrent 54r some even on stripper clips. I seen a Finn bayonet $200 ....I knowing nothing on them. I seen a Mosin 38 but been hachet job. :very mad: . I was looking at a few SKS ( had my C&R) not in my shoe either.

Also a really beat up China Mosin 53 huge chunk out of it. I mean big chunk, I asked him how much he said $180 I almost started to laugh at him. A year ago I would have bought it. Not now.... Judi been reading threads and post from members.

I spent more money then I wanted to. But I wanted, what I seen. I will go to the other one (show) as I cashed out the first one. :brolleyes: BUT, I did not break my self ban for the year on Mosin's. Unless the ones posted come around, then it is open season on the bank book. Besides I'll take more money this time. I was going to give in and buy a nice SKS. But, I only want to buy one :brolleyes: :brolleyes: So, Let's see Sunday. I will post pictures for help on the 54r Ammo for me. Thanks and drive safe, Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Last edited by Judi and her Mosins on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Judi, you are just having too much fun doing this. What was occupying your spare time before you found Mosins and ammo?
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Judi and her Mosins

Longcolt44 wrote:Judi, you are just having too much fun doing this. What was occupying your spare time before you found Mosins and ammo?

My doggies and work been my life. Being single I can do what I want and buy what I want. I like to read history, not the made up type. My gardens seem to feed the deer and rabbits here. I My friends think that the RMNF is a "cult". But I really enjoy the "hunt" in looking for a Mosin. I want or need to fill a gap. I know I'll never be a super colloector. But I am putting together. A collection of what I like and that appeals to me. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
Dr. Seuss quote
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Judi and her Mosins wrote:
Longcolt44 wrote:Judi, you are just having too much fun doing this. What was occupying your spare time before you found Mosins and ammo?

My doggies and work been my life. Being single I can do what I want and buy what I want. I like to read history, not the made up type. My gardens seem to feed the deer and rabbits here. I My friends think that the RMNF is a "cult". But I really enjoy the "hunt" in looking for a Mosin. I want or need to fill a gap. I know I'll never be a super colloector. But I am putting together. A collection of what I like and that appeals to me. Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Mosins are an addictive drug. RMNF isn't a cult it's a support group :lol:. JYD, Dolk, and sone of the other guys are the super collectors, the rest of us pick up the scraps they left :chuckles:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23
gurn

Post by gurn »

Super collector? Whats that? Arent we all just collectors? If you mean someone that has them all then I don't want to get to that point. If there is nothing left to hunt for then all the fun would be lost. I would say the newer collectors are the super ones. They get excited with everything they get and look like they have more fun. I see some of the big time guys at the military collector shows and some of them all they do is sit around and look board. Enjoy these early collecting years,they are the best! :thumbsup: I have more fun at the shows with my new collector friends than with the old guys. I love seeing new people get into this hobby.
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass! - May your swords stay sharp!
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Judy you are already a super collector! :P
Emdawg

Post by Emdawg »

When I grow up and have a good job, I want to be a collector just like Judi.
Judi and her Mosins

gurn wrote:Super collector? Whats that? Arent we all just collectors? If you mean someone that has them all then I don't want to get to that point. If there is nothing left to hunt for then all the fun would be lost. I would say the newer collectors are the super ones. They get excited with everything they get and look like they have more fun. I see some of the big time guys at the military collector shows and some of them all they do is sit around and look board. Enjoy these early collecting years,they are the best! :thumbsup: I have more fun at the shows with my new collector friends than with the old guys. I love seeing new people get into this hobby.

:soapbox: Gurn, You are right, I enjoy the hunt and trying to find what I like. Once I buy it it is not for sale no matter what you offer me. I really enjoy the people I met, few but very nice. Everyone on this site is nice. I always wear my hat RMNF one to see if anyone will talk to me, Don't be shy If I if you see me at a show or store. Because if you have one on. I will ask, appoach and talk to you. I'll be the one with the Hi-Point on. :vcool: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;

by bunkysdad » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:36 am

Judy you are already a super collector!

Russell, I think your trying to get me to spend more money. Ok what did you see and where. :brolleyes: Thank you but I am just a newbie and a novice at this new hobby. I appreciate all the help and support from every one. But really everyone here helped me. I would still be in the dark if not forthe members of the RMNF. Thanks again everyone. No, Judi is not a super collector. Just a girl looking fro a Mosin, and a few others that now have my feet wet. Thanks guys :bwink: Judi and her Mosin's ;mywink;
Dr. Seuss quote
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Wet feet, that reminds me of a gun show back in the 90's, typical overpriced crap, and a food stand. If I am not going to buy guns and I have a pocketful of cash I will at least eat. I had a hot dog with chili and onions, got the chili all over my hands and went to use the facilities to clean up. I turn on the sink and the water exploded out under high pressure, bounced off my waiting hand and splattered the front of my shirt, and my face. My friends hear me swearing clear through the closed door and over the shows noise, I came out looking like I had been hit with a water balloon . Worst part was I had a little bag of antique style real lemon drop candy in the shirt pocket that I had been hitting while walking around, when I took the shirt off the candy fell out. There is no five second rule for me eating stuff that hit the floor of a public mens room, I had to go back to the seller and get another bag, $1.75 wasted!
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Possibly, as I did get some Mosins for free :)
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

No, because I was getting a huge amount of stuff back then, and I still have it all today :)
Theodore Roosevelt
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

I already told you what I think you need, a nice Finn m39. I know you'll never regret it.