Hello...here is my collection so far

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
BuckeyeSgt

Re: Hello...here is my collection so far

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Welcome to the Forum. :thumbsup: Nice collection you have going so far.
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
milmike

Post by milmike »

Well i must say nice very nice you have made some great finds welcome to the board. :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Wow, what a way to start a collection !!! Most start with a 1943'ish Izhevsk referb.. Not you, you went right or the big guns. Very cool, and thanks for sharing !!
shoto2758

Post by shoto2758 »

You have some nice rifles..sorry to hear about your Dad.
Welcome to our Forum..
:thumbsup:
Do Not Think Of Winning.
Think,Rather,Of Not Losing

Gichin Funakoshi
yiping

Post by yiping »

Nice collection :Drool1: :thumbsup: Love the condition on your T53. What date is on her ?
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Stopsign32v wrote:Thanks guys!
Gsragtop wrote:Wow, what a way to start a collection !!! Most start with a 1943'ish Izhevsk referb.. Not you, you went right or the big guns. Very cool, and thanks for sharing !!
Oh I have had 1 regular Mosin if you want to say it that way. :vconfused: Its what started it all and was a 1941 Izhevsk and nothing at all was special about it. I paid $159 for it and took it to a gun/pawn shop 3 days ago and sold it. Owner asked what I wanted for it. In my mind I wanted $100 but instead of telling him I asked him what he would be willing to pay for it. He said he couldn't go over $225 :big shock: and I said SOLD!

Off topic I live in the upper part of SC and my late dad drove a 1970 or 71 Buick GS stage 1. Was a dark hunter green. Man I miss that guy... :b sad:
Sorry about your dad, that has got to be hard.. Where in upper SC are you, closer to Charlotte, or Mb???

$225 !!! Yeah I would have been all over that offer myself.. Wonder what he is going to do with it..
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:alien: :Welcome Home: :welcome2: "Thanks: :welcome3: :welcome3:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Excellent rifles in that collection. :vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
yiping

Post by yiping »

Nice Nov. 1953 date on T53 :thumbsup:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Jumperwire
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jumperwire »

Now that's a fine collection if I ever saw one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
yiping

Post by yiping »

Stopsign32v wrote:
yiping wrote:Nice Nov. 1953 date on T53 :thumbsup:
Can you tell me more about my T53? I don't know anything about them really and I wonder why mine is in such nice shape.
T53 is the Chinese copy of Russian M44 carbine. Most of the early T53 were built with Russian parts. Beside the 300 thousand T53 sent to North Vietnam in 1960 by Chinese. Most never saw any real war use. Production year are 1953~1956 and 1960. Total estimate were 963 thousand units. :D
jdolinski

Post by jdolinski »

Nice group, and :welcome3:
Destiny
is not a matter of
Chance
It is a matter of
Choice
racerguy00

Post by racerguy00 »

Welcome aboard.
On Facebook? Check out the non-sporter preservationist group at: OOOPS. Deleted by Facebook because it's evil to even discuss collectible firearms on social media these days.
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Welcome, Nice rifles :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Nice rifles you have there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's a better start than most of us made... :roll:

Funny, we were just talking about T-53's today and their "trials" mark right after the serial number. Only had the marks on the pre '54's. I ended the conversation saying that I needed to get a '53. Now here you are with a really nice one. You've got the trials marking on the rifle. Check the bolt out - number 1.2~ million for the serial number. Definitely not the original :lol:
millman
Administrator
Administrator

Post by millman »

yiping wrote:
Stopsign32v wrote:
yiping wrote:Nice Nov. 1953 date on T53 :thumbsup:
Can you tell me more about my T53? I don't know anything about them really and I wonder why mine is in such nice shape.
T53 is the Chinese copy of Russian M44 carbine. Most of the early T53 were built with Russian parts. Beside the 300 thousand T53 sent to North Vietnam in 1960 by Chinese. Most never saw any real war use. Production year are 1953~1956 and 1960. Total estimate were 963 thousand units. :D
That is a nice looking T53. I have an all matching one that looks like it was drug behind a truck, and another mix master that apparently was stored in a pond.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.” George Orwell, English novelist, essayist, and critic, 1903-1950

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C. S. Lewis
evildog

Post by evildog »

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Stopsign32v wrote:Thanks guys!!! I need to slow down lol :oops:
No you don't, you need to speed up, there are 100,000 guys out there right now sniffing around for any Mosin not nailed down, you don't move fast and they will get them all :lol:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
redeuce

Post by redeuce »

Beautiful. Now go to the dark side and get some Finn manufactured stuff.