Mosinitis, am I infected?

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
jm190

Mosinitis, am I infected?

Post by jm190 »

Hi All,
I was surfing the local gun shop's website on Tuesday and noticed they had an M38 listed. I went and checked it out today. It's a 1943 Izhevsk. It has been re-arsenaled/re-furbed and was imported by Century Arms. The bolt and receiver numbers match. All the easily seen hardware has the Izhevsk stamp. It is counterbored about an inch but otherwise the bore looks acceptable. The stock is a real M38 stock. Needless to say I put it on layaway to give it a good home. I already have a 91/30 and an M44; does this mean I have the fever?

John
John
desdem12

Re: Mosinitis, am I infected?

Post by desdem12 »

Only one rifle on layaway? Then not yet :shock: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
jm190

Post by jm190 »

Good one! Maybe if they had more available... They only had one other Mosin Nagant and it was a modified 91/30; looked like a sniper version which someone had put a muzzle brake on. :vconfused: :very mad:
John
tjtM38

Post by tjtM38 »

jm190 wrote: does this mean I have the fever?

John
Only if you want to be "ill" with Mosinitis. It is sort of an addiction, as opposed to an illness. I think you have it.

Any good places to shoot those rifles in your area? I always liked your state motto, "Live free or die."
jm190

Re: Places to shoot

Post by jm190 »

There are several rod and gun clubs in the area with 100+ yard rifle ranges. There is a commercial indoor range about 30 minutes away that is capable of handling up to and including .50 BMG. I also happen to live in a more rural area and the back of my property is adjacent to a 400 acre plot in conservancy. SWMBO recently allowed me to clear 25 yards under a small rise at the back of our property for basic sighting in, pistol practice and chronograph work. :D
John
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

its a good thing go buy more
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

Its a great illness to obtain. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Yes, yes you have it :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
qz2026

Post by qz2026 »

Your body temperature is only SLIGHTLY elevated. But, yes... you've got it and it will get worse and there is no cure. I read a post on the other forum a few days ago from a guy who says, he has everything (Mosin) he ever wanted and was going to stop collecting because it was now beginning to bore him or the rifles he didn't have were unreachable. What ever. This guy REALLY had it bad but he wasn't fooling the readers...
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

I do believe you have Mosinitis Just have to have one more., :thumbsup: :thumbsup: