Crate of Rifles

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Three_Dogs

Re: Crate of Rifles

Post by Three_Dogs »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman: :udaman:

dance5 dance5 dance5 dance5
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Bill-ay

Post by Bill-ay »

daveshady wrote:What no 41 Tula?

Buy another one and see whats in the next one lol
Thats perty awesome assortment. Happy Cleaning
There was one but I traded my friend it for his archangel stock. :chuckles:

This crate business can get addicting...thank god I have no more space to put another or else I would have another. Shucks.
Obstreperous

Post by Obstreperous »

tiberium51 wrote:what are the dimensions on the crate that they come in?
I have heard that the size varies a little but mine at the corners not counting the wood handle on the ends is 53" L x 24 "w x 14" H and weighed 327 Lbs. and it was every bit of the 327
And the smell is not bad just different and you get to look forward to opening that lid, not to mention all that fondling material.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They get heavier once you start adding stuff to the crate like site tools, extra bolts, ammo, strippers, and such.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Dan4good

Post by Dan4good »

you got two MO's one a triple date one a double all are sweet and that would be so cool and fun to open up your very own crate and start fondling each one to find out what they all were :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Bill-ay

Post by Bill-ay »

Hi,

What exactly is the significance of the double/triple dated rifles? Were they refurbished in those years? Re-issued in those years? A bit confused. Thanks :D
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Bill-ay wrote:Hi,

What exactly is the significance of the double/triple dated rifles? Were they refurbished in those years? Re-issued in those years? A bit confused. Thanks :D
You and all the rest of us, nobody knows the exact significance of the double dates, or triple ones, or anything about the entire MO marking deal. We can dazzle you with guesswork and outright bullshit, but that's about it, the Russians have not said anything about the marking and are unlikely too. It's just another of the more rare markings that are found on the Mosins, if they were refurbed at the time the marking was added we do not know. Until documentation is produced all we can do is guess, it was the era of Stalin, you just know there is some grim meaning behind the markings.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

The bull that is widespread is the years show when they might have been refurbed in the past and reissued to new units possibly. People are again paying extra money for what we have no idea the meaning of! Why do my thoughts keep drifting to Barnum? Buy away and be sure to markedly pay a little more each time as it makes my unrefurbed rifles worth more. I like this crate business when others are buying and if you need more room I have a bit I can clear in the garage but I can't guarantee I won't use the crate in the fireplace this Winter though! To each their own I guess, now what was that Barnum saying again? :lol: Bill
Tackett

Post by Tackett »

I'd put some weatherstripping in that crate, put a dehumidifier in it, a glass top and use it for a coffee table in the man cave!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tackett wrote:I'd put some weatherstripping in that crate, put a dehumidifier in it, a glass top and use it for a coffee table in the man cave!
Someplace on the board is a photo of a crate done up like that, but without the dehumidifier.
Theodore Roosevelt
Bent-Twig

Post by Bent-Twig »

Tackett wrote:I'd put some weatherstripping in that crate, put a dehumidifier in it, a glass top and use it for a coffee table in the man cave!
:pointup: This was in a recent thread. Really cool idea. Awesome crate of rifles you have there :thumbsup: .
hoshow

Post by hoshow »

Those look great :thumbsup: :Drool1: :vcool:. I think you have the makings of a small militia if you find the guys to carry them :chuckles:
Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.
Proverbs 23:23