Fired My First Full Auto

Everything Semi and Automatic is discussed here. Can be Military or civilian.
AK's, AR's, FN, VZ, FAL, and so on. (Post WWII)

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus handguns or discussions on altering in this forum (On Military firearms only). Please read the rules at the top of each forum.
WeldonHunter

Re: Fired My First Full Auto

Post by WeldonHunter »

A J wrote:I retired from the U.S. Army in June but never did too much full-auto firing; mostly just semi auto on the ranges. I always enjoyed it though, especially the SAW (squad automatic weapon). It's basically a miniature M60 machinegun that shoots .223. It was fairly easy to fire and the smaller caliber round was actually easier to handle than the heavier 7.62.

Never was very good at firing the M16 or M4 on auto (or burst). Rounds just seemed to go all over the place.
I've shot many high powered rifles, I own a crap load of them but this thing has almost no recoil and very little rise when shooting. I only shot one magazine but I got the idea. It's fun!!! I'm sure I'll be shooting it again at some point. He shoots it quite a bit and I invited him to come over when he hears us shooting.
A J

Post by A J »

WeldonHunter wrote:
A J wrote:I retired from the U.S. Army in June but never did too much full-auto firing; mostly just semi auto on the ranges. I always enjoyed it though, especially the SAW (squad automatic weapon). It's basically a miniature M60 machinegun that shoots .223. It was fairly easy to fire and the smaller caliber round was actually easier to handle than the heavier 7.62.

Never was very good at firing the M16 or M4 on auto (or burst). Rounds just seemed to go all over the place.
I've shot many high powered rifles, I own a crap load of them but this thing has almost no recoil and very little rise when shooting. I only shot one magazine but I got the idea. It's fun!!! I'm sure I'll be shooting it again at some point. He shoots it quite a bit and I invited him to come over when he hears us shooting.
Yeah, I like the SAW; great weapon and lots of fun to shoot. Fires belted or magazine ammo. Neat concept.
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:Drool1: :Drool1: :Drool1:

:vcool: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
ZKend

Post by ZKend »

My company built a full auto 9mm AR thing is a blast to shoot, lots of ammo... and only runs reliably with Colt SMG mags which go for a pretty penny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

If you want the full auto experience go to the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot! I have shot the 30 cal, 50cal, full auto AR, a Thompson, and I owned an AK a buddy built for me who was in law enforcement. I went to the range to try it out and realized what I had and headed home with a stop at his place on the way. He has it now as far as I know? I think he got the biggest kick out of when I said did you know what you built for me with my eyes like saucers! Last Summer we all got to go out to a buddies place out in Indiana and we all shot his full auto Sten. I empied a full mag from it and I smiled so wide I lost some teeth I think! Man I thought Mosins were a blast and addicting. I own a Maxim now! Nah its a dummy relax I didn't hit the lottery yet! Bill :lol:
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

zeebill wrote:If you want the full auto experience go to the Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot! I have shot the 30 cal, 50cal, full auto AR, a Thompson, and I owned an AK a buddy built for me who was in law enforcement. I went to the range to try it out and realized what I had and headed home with a stop at his place on the way. He has it now as far as I know? I think he got the biggest kick out of when I said did you know what you built for me with my eyes like saucers! Last Summer we all got to go out to a buddies place out in Indiana and we all shot his full auto Sten. I empied a full mag from it and I smiled so wide I lost some teeth I think! Man I thought Mosins were a blast and addicting. I own a Maxim now! Nah its a dummy relax I didn't hit the lottery yet! Bill :lol:
Bill I'm not big on shooting to start with. I can walk out back and shoot and I don't. I just love firearms. I love the complexity as well as the simplicity all in one. Being an auto tech I'm drawn to mechanical stuff. The whole reason I shot this is strickly by chance. I hear him shooting it all the time and this time I deceided to go over and see what it was and to just talk guns. I've known him for years but we never talked firearms before. He had already put it away when one of the ladies said she wanted to shoot it so he got it back out. It was cool to burp out a bunch of rounds but if I owned something full-auto it probably wouldn't get fired much.
zeebill

Post by zeebill »

Exactly!! I have trouble affording Mosins as often as I would like! Good gravy I don't need a huge ammo bill too. I had one of those AK look alikes that fire 22 caliber and was semi auto. I shot two bricks through it in a week and on the trade block it went. Bill :o
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

I would end up feathering the trigger to conserve ammo as I am well known for being way to cheap to spray and pray.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Local shop has this for sale......

If I had and extra 22k I would be all over this even though it needs a drum.
Kollaa kestää
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Cope's has these for sale. http://gun-deals.com/deals/19129-thomps ... mi-auto-t1 You could get one and just pull the trigger real fast. :lol:
kamakazi339

Post by kamakazi339 »

if you ever get a chance to shoot a m240b , a m249 saw, a mk19 , or a m2 .50 cal jump on it.... they are a fn blast!
audadvnc

Post by audadvnc »

M16 - did that. It was all the full auto I ever want to see, thanks...
combloc64

Post by combloc64 »

The poor mans auto is the slide fire stocks for AR 15 and AK 47. Legal and not registered as it is a bump fire. these have worked well for me and friends.
in a full auto the bolt moves. in the slide fire, the stock and the bolt both move. so not as smooth as a full auto but still very very controlled. a lot cheaper than a full auto and still lots of fun. I suggest getting one before they ban them.
Trapper1986

Post by Trapper1986 »

How much is an ak now
ponycarman

Post by ponycarman »

I've seen the slidefire stuff and can't justify getting one for my ar15 or ak. They are kinda pricy for what they are. They also make it easy to waste tons of ammo and would be less accurate that semi auto fire. I have been dreaming of putting one on a .22 ar15. That would be fun with with less out of pocket for the ammo.
Let me make a short, open, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a descent person is no threat to anyone--- except bad people. -- Charleton Heston

Guns are not good, they are not evil. Save those descriptions for the people holding the firearm. -- Unknown

1943 Izhevsk
1937 Izhevsk
1935/48/50 Tula (hex)
1939 Tula (laminate stock)
And many other firearms :D
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

Lee-online wrote:Local shop has this for sale......

If I had and extra 22k I would be all over this even though it needs a drum.
I think this would be close to my ultimate full auto purchase experience if I could do it. After 22k the 200 bucks for the tax stamp would be a bargain.
Mike thank you for this post, and the video of you shooting that machine gun is just too cool. I want to come to La. very badly and bring a few choice rifles for some serious fun. Talking to BuckeyeSgt about a future trip.:P
WeldonHunter

Post by WeldonHunter »

Like I said no problem. If we want to shoot that thing I'll have to talk to him and see if he can come over with it and maybe some of his other stuff. It'll have to be in the spring though most likely. Deer season here runs until some time in January so no shoots until then.