91/30 price increase

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
zhuk

Re: 91/30 price increase

Post by zhuk »

Cosmoline guy wrote:Nobody likes FUBAR gun laws.

And ours are getting more FUBAR by the minute.

Latest fun rumour - requirement that all firearms being chained/bolted to vehicle chassis while in transit :brolleyes:

Also, during my recent temporary absence, the NSW govt closed down the Game Council and banned all public-land hunting :? so now no one in the State can hunt or undertake feral animal control unless you have a letter from private landowner and access to their property.

Go figure.
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

Sound like here. All the rats are not on private land, most are on public property.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Longcolt44 wrote:Sound like here. All the rats are not on private land, most are on public property.

That surprises me Longcolt. Really thought you guys could hunt in State Forests etc

Reason it is a particular problem down here is that the majority of longarm owners have their "genuine reason" for being licensed/owning guns via hunting licences (only a minority have target licences with clubs)

So there goes a whole lot of people's legal reason to be allowed to own firearms in the first place :shock:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

They pull that shit here and it will not be four legged critters that we will be hunting, there is only so far that we can be pushed, and I think we are nearing that point.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:there is only so far that we can be pushed

Very glad to hear it. That sort of attitude is not in our national culture, the most that really happens is letter writing campaigns (which from personal experience get ignored or passed on the other Govt Depts in a merry-go-round of stupidity) or rallies (there are two planned over this issue, no doubt with heavily propagandised reporting by the mainstream media)

Not a whole lot can be done when everyone is not only documented to the hilt, but also listed on the national CRIMTRAK database (along with actual criminals) :x
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Except those who years back stashed their stuff rather than turn it in, or register it. Same deal here, millions of weapons privately bought or brought home from the service that quietly sit in hidden places unknown to any government agency.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
zhuk

Post by zhuk »

Junk Yard Dog wrote:Except those who years back stashed their stuff rather than turn it in, or register it. Same deal here, millions of weapons privately bought or brought home from the service that quietly sit in hidden places unknown to any government agency.

True. But then if you did do that here (and anecdotally, it seems many did - hence the run on hardware stores PVC-piping supplies in 1996 lol) you'd either have it buried or hidden away with no place you could shoot it. Would just be secret "wallhangers", so to speak.

Pretty sure if I had an SKS, I'd want to shoot it lol
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

zhuk wrote:
Cosmoline guy wrote:Nobody likes FUBAR gun laws.

And ours are getting more FUBAR by the minute.

Latest fun rumour - requirement that all firearms being chained/bolted to vehicle chassis while in transit :brolleyes:

Also, during my recent temporary absence, the NSW govt closed down the Game Council and banned all public-land hunting :? so now no one in the State can hunt or undertake feral animal control unless you have a letter from private landowner and access to their property.

Go figure.
Why are they doing this?? I mean with all that is going on in the world, why are they spending time and effort making it more difficult on gun owners.. In the US they use tradjetys such as Newtown as a catilist, but they are short lived and usually in 6 months its back to you regularly scheduled BS.. So why are they solving problems that don't seem to exist ??

Are your officials elected?? If so it maybe time to clean house. A recent pole taken in America suggested that almost 3/4 of the population would throw out ALL members of congress and start over (that's from both sides of the isle). Needless to say our midterms next year should be interesting.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

Cosmoline guy wrote:I think Hudson said that they had about 20.
Hudson, WI? I'll be there tomorrow probably... Doesn't hurt to at least look. :wink:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

zhuk wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:Except those who years back stashed their stuff rather than turn it in, or register it. Same deal here, millions of weapons privately bought or brought home from the service that quietly sit in hidden places unknown to any government agency.

True. But then if you did do that here (and anecdotally, it seems many did - hence the run on hardware stores PVC-piping supplies in 1996 lol) you'd either have it buried or hidden away with no place you could shoot it. Would just be secret "wallhangers", so to speak.

Pretty sure if I had an SKS, I'd want to shoot it lol
Insurance against the day when you might need it .
Theodore Roosevelt
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

zhuk wrote:Speaking of which, I didn't think $1990 was too bad for an unfired M39, with a 'B' barrel

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=20072

Relativity, mate :biggrin:
Just like the one I purchased on 22-May-13 for 385.00 including shipping, now if JYD tells us when he purchase his and the amount we'll all go around crying :tissue: :violin: :violin:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

2007- Unissued B Barrel M39 $310, 2008- issued M39 B barrel $225, 2008- B barrel M1891 #1 $190, 2008- B barrel M1891 #2 $200 The 2000's had good prices but nothing like the 80's and 90's, for example....

1992- Excellent + condition M24 with spotless bore, $100 with another firearm in the deal, 1992- Finn capture M38 carbine $50, 1993- M28/30 $45, 1994- Finn capture M91/30 $45, 1994 SVT40 $229.
Theodore Roosevelt
mjrpantherfan66

Post by mjrpantherfan66 »

New to forum. 1st official post. I had been eyeing Mosins for a long time now. Lowest price online was 149.00. Local Cabella's go for 200.00. I had decided to go for that when I had some spare change(more expensive but at least I could look over the selection). The other morning I went into Shipton's Big R on my neverending quest for 22lr when what do I lay my eyes on but a 1943 M.G in incredible condition with all matching numbers for only 99.00. I had no choice-it called to me. All cleaned up now and all I need is my headspace gauge and I'm out zeroing.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mjrpantherfan66 wrote:New to forum. 1st official post. I had been eyeing Mosins for a long time now. Lowest price online was 149.00. Local Cabella's go for 200.00. I had decided to go for that when I had some spare change(more expensive but at least I could look over the selection). The other morning I went into Shipton's Big R on my neverending quest for 22lr when what do I lay my eyes on but a 1943 M.G in incredible condition with all matching numbers for only 99.00. I had no choice-it called to me. All cleaned up now and all I need is my headspace gauge and I'm out zeroing.
Welcome to the board, what is an "M.G" ? Good price on it if it's a shooter of some sort :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
mjrpantherfan66

Post by mjrpantherfan66 »

Sorry. Typing in the dark and I'm not very good at it. I meant M.N.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

mjrpantherfan66 wrote:Sorry. Typing in the dark and I'm not very good at it. I meant M.N.
:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
BostonMike

Post by BostonMike »

$150 is still not bad for a rifle. Any other mil surp is $200-300 or more.

If I didn't want to diversify, I'd snag a few more Mosins, but I think I want a nice k98 now

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
drabnor

Post by drabnor »

Hell even Century just upped their price on hex's to $179, expect the rest to follow...
a few old Russian bolt actions