Gun show finn

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
fintowin

Gun show finn

Post by fintowin »

Found a 41 marked finn capture at a gun show. I hope I didn't pay too much, but I really wanted it. It has matching no.s on bolt and barrel. Not a forced match. I think this is what they call a stacked front sight. and it has the wartime spliced stock. Not too bad condition, but is counterbored. shoots fine though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Gun show finn

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

$300? Very nice, Continuation War capture rifle, nice stock. :vcool: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
ffeng31

Post by ffeng31 »

Very :cool: I am :mrgreen: with envy.. I would love to find a stacked sight Finn 91/30 round here...
Jim

BuckeyeSgt

Post by BuckeyeSgt »

Nice find, there was another one almost just like it posted today. :Drool1: :thumbsup:
Некто кроме нас
US Army 90-94 98G Russian
Army Reserves 94-98 37F
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

I paid $200.00 I knew it was worth more than the re-arsenal $100 ones, but was unsure as to how much more
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

You stole that rifle at that price :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

What does the P near the crest mean?
-George Washington
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

Nice finn! a 41 mark and finn stock. Good buy. :thumbsup: :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
:Finland: :welcome2:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
wolfstein

Post by wolfstein »

Cool Great buy :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
bunkysdad
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bunkysdad »

You had a good hunch that paid off nicely. It is one sweet looking Finn rifle
Gsragtop

Post by Gsragtop »

Great score, I can't believe two of these showed up by two different users in as many days.. Both of which were great deals !! I still hope to join the Finn fam tomorrow ;)
Lee-online

Post by Lee-online »

Nice rifle. :thumbsup:

Did you get it from a dealer selling a variety of rifles or from a guy only selling Mosins? At the shows i go to the Mosin guy who sells out of the crate only ever has arsenal refurbs with nothing out of the ordinary in there.
Kollaa kestää
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

He is a dealer who has a little of this and a little of that. He told me they came from an estate he bought out. The guy was a collector in the eighties, he said. I also got an eddystone 1917 from him in really nice shape with matching bolt, all eddystone parts bright bore, 575.00. This might have been a too high price, but the 1917's just keep going up.
-George Washington