New Members, Make your first post here!

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: New Members, Make your first post here!

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Texasbob

Just Joined the Forums

Post by Texasbob »

Sorry double post :brolleyes:
Last edited by Texasbob on Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Re: Just Joined the Forums

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Texasbob wrote:Hello just joined the Forums, have a few firearms for fun to shoot targets or as I like to say punch holes in paper and a few collectibles but I shoot what I collect. Started with a 1917 Colt 45 Army Service Inherited from my dad "Army", next I picked out a 1946 91/30 Mosin fun shooter think it a ex-sniper scope holes were filledin, then got a Yugo SKS 59/66 still in wooden stock eats ammo 5 at a time. I Got my FFL03 and ordereda German P-38 it on it the way in the next week.

The weekend I’m going to look at a few Mosin M44's and some M38’s and pickup 7.62x54R to feed the little beggars. Have my eye on a 1895 Nagant revolver but it may have to wait. I really like Mosin and the feel of a wooden stocks it take skill to shoot with iron sights. Someday if I save my pennies I will get a 91/30 sniper with a scope but for now I like to eat to much. I'm currently working in the Firearm repressive state of Maryland look forward to retiring and moving to Florida. :bwink:
Welcome to the board, we have several members here from Maryland , I have a 1917 Colt also, a bit worse for wear, but still shoots. A 1946 91/30 would be a very rare date to find on a Soviet long rifle , post that one up in the Mosin forum , I know some of the members have off date 91/30's and would love to see it :vcool: :vcool: :thumbsup:
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Texasbob

Post by Texasbob »

Just joined the Forums, have a few firearms for fun what I call punching holes in paper shooting targets and a couple to punch holes in those who came in my house uninvited. Have a few collectibles, I shoot what I collect. Started with a 1917 Colt 45 Army Service, then picked out a 1946 91/30 Mosin I think it’s a ex-sniper the scope holes are filled in. Next I picked up a Yugo SKS 59/66. Received my FFL03 and ordered a German P-38 it on the way some time this week.
The weekend Sat I’m out looking at a some Mosin M44 and M38’s to add to the stack. Have my eye on a 1895 Nagant revolver but it may have to wait. I really like Mosin and the feel of a wooden stocks, someday if I save my pennies I will get a 91/30 sniper with a scope :bwink:
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Texasbob wrote:Just joined the Forums, have a few firearms for fun what I call punching holes in paper shooting targets and a couple to punch holes in those who came in my house uninvited. Have a few collectibles, I shoot what I collect. Started with a 1917 Colt 45 Army Service, then picked out a 1946 91/30 Mosin I think it’s a ex-sniper the scope holes are filled in. Next I picked up a Yugo SKS 59/66. Received my FFL03 and ordered a German P-38 it on the way some time this week.
The weekend Sat I’m out looking at a some Mosin M44 and M38’s to add to the stack. Have my eye on a 1895 Nagant revolver but it may have to wait. I really like Mosin and the feel of a wooden stocks, someday if I save my pennies I will get a 91/30 sniper with a scope :bwink:
:thumbsup:
Theodore Roosevelt
d3v1l6oy

Post by d3v1l6oy »

Hello everyone, I am the proud owner of a new Mosin (new to me that is). It's a Remington that i picked up a couple of weeks ago, and I am having trouble identifying it. I started a new discussion about it with pics.
Tugcapt64

Post by Tugcapt64 »

Hi I'm here.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

d3v1l6oy wrote:Hello everyone, I am the proud owner of a new Mosin (new to me that is). It's a Remington that i picked up a couple of weeks ago, and I am having trouble identifying it. I started a new discussion about it with pics.
Welcome to the board :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Tugcapt64 wrote:Hi I'm here.
Yes you are :lol: Welcome to the board :vcool: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
Duggas

Post by Duggas »

Hi Folks - Making my obligatory first post as a new forum member and looking forward to reading and learning as much as I can handle about the Mosin world. I currently own a 1942 M38 and a 1939 M91/30 but I'm sure they won't be the last. Looking forward to interaction and, hopefully, to making some contributions to a great forum. Regards to all.
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Duggas wrote:Hi Folks - Making my obligatory first post as a new forum member and looking forward to reading and learning as much as I can handle about the Mosin world. I currently own a 1942 M38 and a 1939 M91/30 but I'm sure they won't be the last. Looking forward to interaction and, hopefully, to making some contributions to a great forum. Regards to all.
Welcome to the board, good start to the collection.
Theodore Roosevelt
terry274

Post by terry274 »

Hi, my name is Terry. I came upon this site while searching for the proper way to decock and store my Mosin Nagant.
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

terry274 wrote:Hi, my name is Terry. I came upon this site while searching for the proper way to decock and store my Mosin Nagant.
:alien:

Welcome to the forum Terry! :vcool: :vcool: :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
Rongo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Rongo »

:welcome2:

Just wanted to say Hello to all the New Members I may have missed. If your new to collecting or a seasoned Collector I hope you find that our Discussion forum is a great place to hang out.

Enjoy. :vcool:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it". Mark Twain

"Dang that entropy"
92rscamaro

Post by 92rscamaro »

Hey everyone, First time mosin owner here. Received one for a graduation present, have been wanting my own mosin nagant for a while now. Haven't had time to fire it yet but love it so far. Just a plain jane 91/30
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

92rscamaro wrote:Hey everyone, First time mosin owner here. Received one for a graduation present, have been wanting my own mosin nagant for a while now. Haven't had time to fire it yet but love it so far. Just a plain jane 91/30
Welcome to the board, they are all pieces of history, nothing plain about them congratulations on the graduation:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :vcool:
Theodore Roosevelt
hharke

Post by hharke »

Hi guys

I am here. Looking at building a side mount PE got the ex sniper and a ukranian copy of the scope. Both probably going to George Toessan
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

hharke wrote:Hi guys

I am here. Looking at building a side mount PE got the ex sniper and a ukranian copy of the scope. Both probably going to George Toessan
Hello hharke, please take a quick moment to review the board policy regarding permanent alterations to milsurp weapons, this would include turning ordinary rifles into snipers, or recommissioning decommissioned snipers, Thank you.
Theodore Roosevelt
fintowin

Post by fintowin »

Hi all. new here. I just picked up a finn captured 1912 izhevesk with imperial crests still intact. Is this rare? How do I get pics up?
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
-George Washington
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

fintowin wrote:Hi all. new here. I just picked up a finn captured 1912 izhevesk with imperial crests still intact. Is this rare? How do I get pics up?
Welcome to the board, not rare, but definitely not common either, very nice :vcool: :thumbsup: You have to resize the pics down to 640x480 before they will post from your computer. Or you can link from photobucket.
Theodore Roosevelt