Mosinitis: Sounds like a myth to me ...

"Collectors Forum" - All Mosin Nagant are discussed here. Also the Russian and "Finnish capture" SVT38 and SVT40. This is an excellent place for new Mosin owners to ask questions. We have some of the best experts here looking forward to your questions. If you post a Mosin sniper rifle here, we may or may not move it to the sniper forum.

Preservation forum, please no altered military surplus rifles or discussions on altering in this forum. No sportsters. Please read the rules at the top of each forum
Celt

Re: Mosinitis: Sounds like a myth to me ...

Post by Celt »

Nice! :thumbsup:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
clayshooter2

Post by clayshooter2 »

Ok....somewhere on page 3 this thread just got creepy. No one should every let anyone other than a full blown Mosin addict ever ever read this thread. I just don't think we could explain this one away.
psmd

Post by psmd »

I swore off buying any more ......and that was five rifles ago.
Celt

Post by Celt »

I'm going next sat to the plasma place....does that mean i have a problem?? Yup, should of done this a year ago!

:shock:
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
evildog

Post by evildog »

To off set the funds for my latest relaps of mosin-itus i'm selling a few bricks of .22lr instead of blood. :pointleft: Might let a few more go to pick up a couple more lost mosin's... :thumbsup: .22lr is the "new" gold now!!!! :chuckles:
A J

Post by A J »

Don't underestimate the power of Mosinitis. I caught it back in November and now have 5 Mosins. I have since stabilized somewhat but then fell victim to the powerful M1 Virus - the Garand variety. I have one in my possession and one on the way.

The very worst thing you can do is hang around this forums. These guys are the type of people who would offer a recovering alcoholic a stiff drink. :)
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

The Garanditis is easy to get over, just as soon as you run entirely out of money :)
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
Longcolt44
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Longcolt44 »

A couple of us here were given Turk Mauseritis a couple of years ago by an unnamed fellow member...........(Rongo). It hit me 6 times before it subsided. It never really goes away though, I still lurk at them.
FREEDOM...USE IT OR LOSE IT!!
Junk Yard Dog
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Post by Junk Yard Dog »

Three more Turk Mauser's entered the collection even after I officially stopped collecting them when the C&R expired.
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
Theodore Roosevelt
bws

Post by bws »

Bloody hell... Part of me wishes I hadn't found this website because it's like going to a bar with a few of my fellow AA buddies after a meeting to celebrate my first 30 days of sobriety. Hi, my name's Brian, I bought my first 91/30 a little over a month ago, loved it so much I bought my second one today.
My once adoring spouse is not amused, and shockingly didn't believe the “it followed me home” story I skillfully wove. I've also found that some women have a rather violent aversion to cosmoline. I know, I'm stunned as well!

When I bought the Saiga for 'plinking' she was mildly amused. She became mildly concerned when I experimented with few minor customizations (quad rail, complete FCG upgrade, stock). She wasn't overly happy when I just had to get a 4 month advance on all my weekly allowances for a few thousand rounds of ammo. Then my friend introduced me to a 91/30. I had to have one (ref my post & pix from the 'I'm in love with a 70 year old).

My wife became mildly annoyed when she caught me sneaking a bayonet into my man cave. The tiny trail of blood was a bit of a give away. She was somewhere between angry and unglued when she had to drag a wood box containing two spam cans of ammo in from the front porch, about three weeks ago.
On what was only going to be a simple CLP run to the local box sporting goods store, I was seduced by this sexy little clerk, because she knew I had a thing for Russian rifles. I don't know if it was her pretty eyes, the low cut blouse or the sweet bouquet of cosmoline, but before I knew what happened I found myself in the driveway with the twin of the original 70 year old.

I had no idea that women could smell a hell of a story being cooked up by someone sitting in a truck 40 feet away and completely out of view.
She was standing in the kitchen wondering why I was repeating the same mantra in the garage. Then the question came up of what was in “the box”. I froze. A number of options went flying through my head, the first being “box? What box?”, followed by faking a heart attack, but I vaguely recall uttering the words “I was seduced and something about jewelery”.

She snapped. I've been banished to the man cave. Normally I wouldn't complain as it has all the creature comforts of a little apartment, tv, fridge, little microwave, stereo, computers & couch. One minor flaw: No bathroom. I think she heard me head butt the kitchen table, as I took a shortcut from the bathroom, by way of the kitchen (was out of paper towels). But I was able to slide down the basement stairs and do a swat roll out of her line of sight. She didn't actually have proof that I was up there, thankfully, but I could tell by the tone of her voice that I better learn to sleep with one eye open again.

Personally, I think she's being somewhat unreasonable for a tiny indiscretion involving 140 bucks of my own mad money.
Pray for me.
================================================
I walk through the valley... but I will not fear. The shadow is mine, so is the valley.
desdem12

Post by desdem12 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The commerce which maybe carried on with the people inhabiting the line you will pursue renders a knowledge of these people important ~Thomas Jefferson~ (to- Lewis and Clark)
Three_Dogs

Post by Three_Dogs »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;mywink;
If corporations are people, when will we see one executed?
Greasemonkey

Post by Greasemonkey »

bws, you've only begun, :chuckles: wait till you drag several home at once. :big shock:
I said I was an addict. I didn't say I had a problem.
desertgunner

Post by desertgunner »

:chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: Welcome to the Forum, no more introduction needed, you are a Mosin addict!! :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles:

There is a dirty way though to make her understand your sickness:
1. Buy a slip on butt pad and a pair of Pink Ear Protectors.
2. Invite her to lunch after a slide by at the range, to get her interested.
3. On the range, put your 1. Mosin on the shooting table, arrange some ammo, get the Pink Ear Protection out together with the ring you bought and get on your knees.
4. After this interuption and all the smochies get up and close and show her how to shoot that bad boy.
5. You may breathe down her neck, if you think that's allowed.
6. Your sentence might be reversed, or softened up or you might still have to sneak into the bathroom.
7. However, as shooting is sexy, as some say, she might have liked it, the bad boy and your jewelry.
8. If so, you should ask her if she would like to own her own bad boy to compete with you.
9. She migt want to own one and after cleaning him, maintaining him and touching all his parts, .....
10. ......you might have turned her into another Mosin Ghoul ...... :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: .
"FOR WE ARE MANY"
An armed Public consists of Citizens, an unarmed Public consists of Subjects!